Expired Hot Deals

[HSN.com] Amazon Fire HD 10" tablet + EXTRAS -> 32GB SD CARD & voucher for custom case - $89.99 USD (US DEAL)

Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1047 posts
1751 upvotes
crockpot wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 11:41 pm
US deals should have its own forum since 99% of people on here don't bother with them, US deals are noise to most of us.
I find U.S. deals better than Canadian deals.

Just in the last few months I picked up Google Home Mini, $9.00 USD, Google Home Hub $67.00 and Moto z2 Force Edition $99.00.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8552 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
dilligafeh wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 8:26 am
That's 30$ worth of gas ...
I'm not saying this is a good deal, just saying the majority of Canadians live within that distance.
Jun 1, 2011
484 posts
78 upvotes
Ajax
yeti13 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 2:14 am
Good to Know

Amazon offers this Fire at a subsidized price by delivering Special Offers and Sponsored Screensavers directly to your Fire.
Your offers display on the lock screen and in small text on the lower left-hand corner of the home screen. They do not interrupt use of the device.
After you have registered your device, you may opt out of these special offers through your settings for a one-time fee.

What's that all about?
Any comment on this? I would like to know this as well.

Thanks
Apr 20, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks for the post. Bought the Fire HD 8" from Best Buy last week. Returning it B4 14 day return policy. This device is amazing. Check youTube. Loaded Mobdro, Kodi(Titanium build), uTorrent, VPN, Mupen64 emulator.....all work incredibly well. Using my iPad Pro much less. A bit tricky loading Play Store but check YouTube, you'll get there.
My son lives in States and buying it for me. Extra 32g SD card and tablet case extra bonus. This tablet without extras $150 on Amazon US.
Thanks again. One of the Red Flag deals ever.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1791 posts
1828 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
bizznatches wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:10 am
Deal doesn't work for Canadians.
Will only accept cc with valid US mailing address.
Same goes for paypal only US registered mailing addres..
as mentioned in the original post, you need an AmeriFriend or use a forwarder (like CrossBorderPickups, MyMallBox) then you just need to call up your CC and add a secondary address to the CC account, either add your AmeriFriend's or use your US Forwarding Address (which is what I did), a lot less headaches for future US purchases as you will then have a US address on your CC making it easier to make purchases that require a "US billing address"
May 11, 2008
158 posts
62 upvotes
Milton
remik wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:26 pm
as mentioned in the original post, you need an AmeriFriend or use a forwarder (like CrossBorderPickups, MyMallBox) then you just need to call up your CC and add a secondary address to the CC account, either add your AmeriFriend's or use your US Forwarding Address (which is what I did), a lot less headaches for future US purchases as you will then have a US address on your CC making it easier to make purchases that require a "US billing address"
I will have to look into this and add my friends ski trailer I ship things to and add it as my US Secondary Address. Thanks for this idea!
Cheers 'n Beers.
Haz.
Feb 28, 2008
786 posts
313 upvotes
Canada
MichaelF953026 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:23 pm
Thanks for the post. Bought the Fire HD 8" from Best Buy last week. Returning it B4 14 day return policy. This device is amazing. Check youTube. Loaded Mobdro, Kodi(Titanium build), uTorrent, VPN, Mupen64 emulator.....all work incredibly well. Using my iPad Pro much less. A bit tricky loading Play Store but check YouTube, you'll get there.
My son lives in States and buying it for me. Extra 32g SD card and tablet case extra bonus. This tablet without extras $150 on Amazon US.
Can you get Netflix to play at 1080p on yours?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1791 posts
1828 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MichaelF953026 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:23 pm
Yeah, I got a FIRE HD 8 myself that I got last year, was thinking about "upgrading" to the 10 (better screen, more ram) but in the end I passed on the deal as I hardly use the HD 8 as it is and I don't "really" need it, so just posted it on here. Wallet is safe for another day Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 9, 2011
659 posts
965 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 8:26 am
That's 30$ worth of gas ...
$30 worth of gas for 150km? What do you drive? A Hummer lol. Cars nowadays are pretty fuel efficient, and if you are driving to the states, you are probably mostly driving on the highway. I drive a civic and spend about $15-$20 on gas for 200-300 km.

The nice part is you can always fill up in the states as the price of gas tends to be cheaper there even after the exchange.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1791 posts
1828 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jetertmac wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 2:38 pm
$30 worth of gas for 150km? What do you drive? A Hummer lol. Cars nowadays are pretty fuel efficient, and if you are driving to the states, you are probably mostly driving on the highway. I drive a civic and spend about $15-$20 on gas for 200-300 km.

The nice part is you can always fill up in the states as the price of gas tends to be cheaper there even after the exchange.
True. Some people also don't understand that someone is not going to drive down to the US just for a tablet, I use a forwarder for 98% of my US purchases, and the remaining 2% I'll pickup in the US while on a semi-annual shopping day with the family, where I'll buy other stuff including cheaper gas while I'm already there.
Jan 23, 2018
241 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
got an AmeriFriend grabbing this for me!!! thanks OP was in the market for a new tablet my 8yr old Ipad is slowing down
Zoomer 4 gb for 36$ 😃
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2057 posts
275 upvotes
York
tntdeal wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 2:23 pm
Can you get Netflix to play at 1080p on yours?
I bought one a couple weeks ago here when it went on sale and the highest it registers on my device is 720p in the app.

I have rooted my device though and have tried sideloading other versions of the app, but the installation is still blocked and doesn't allow an update.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Apr 20, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
I’m having tablet sent to my father-in-laws in Livonia. We go to visit every month.
This deal also includes a free 32g SD card and custom designed case. Send any photo for cover.
These babies are $150 on Amazon USA without bonuses.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7176 posts
3328 upvotes
ON
jetertmac wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 2:38 pm

You're not good at critical thinking are you ? Were you planning on driving back as well ? Now it's 300km round trip. How much gas does your normal sedan use for such a trip ? I guestimate about 30$ on the low side.

Thanks for the heads up on automotive innovations and fuel efficiency. You drive an econobox ? Good for you. Do you think the majority of people out there drive civics ?

Also(directed to the other poster, didn't want to make 2 posts), not everyone takes trips to the states to collect packages, so to assume everyone could do what they do and deem it the normal thing to do seems ludicrous. I am glad some of you can reap the benefits of this deal, but to claim it's a good deal for most folks well...highly doubt it.