Expired Hot Deals

[HSN.com] Amazon Fire HD 10" tablet + EXTRAS -> 32GB SD CARD & voucher for custom case - $89.99 USD (US DEAL)

Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2654 posts
609 upvotes
Vancouver
dilligafeh wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:53 pm
You're not good at critical thinking are you ? Were you planning on driving back as well ? Now it's 300km round trip. How much gas does your normal sedan use for such a trip ? I guestimate about 30$ on the low side.

Thanks for the heads up on automotive innovations and fuel efficiency. You drive an econobox ? Good for you. Do you think the majority of people out there drive civics ?

Also(directed to the other poster, didn't want to make 2 posts), not everyone takes trips to the states to collect packages, so to assume everyone could do what they do and deem it the normal thing to do seems ludicrous. I am glad some of you can reap the benefits of this deal, but to claim it's a good deal for most folks well...highly doubt it.
Why so up in arms? This is a US deal. If it doesn't work for you move on; it works for many of us. If you happen to drive a Ford Super Duty and live in Edmonton, maybe this isn't for you. If, like many of us, you live near the border, it's a great deal. I just don't understand why people belabour nonsensical points. I don't try to crap on a deal that a Quebecer can pickup instore for free just because the shipping costs to BC would make it uneconomical for me.

You can 'doubt' the value for most Canadians but I provided data that says the vast majority of Canadians live near the border, which would make this a good deal. If you don't like facts, well then there's not a whole lot left to discuss.
Dec 30, 2016
40 posts
remik wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:26 pm
as mentioned in the original post, you need an AmeriFriend or use a forwarder (like CrossBorderPickups, MyMallBox) then you just need to call up your CC and add a secondary address to the CC account, either add your AmeriFriend's or use your US Forwarding Address (which is what I did), a lot less headaches for future US purchases as you will then have a US address on your CC making it easier to make purchases that require a "US billing address"
I did call to my bank and ask the to add second billing address (US one)
did bank operator do any Verification - Im using shipito.com address as my US billing address - the operator took a minute for like "verification" and said that he cant do verification by the phone and that I have to visit branch near by to verify the address in personal , What can you recommend? What kind of address did you use? I use prepcenter and shipito.com service Shipito has the addresses lik: 11408 SW Amu St Sute#2938 Tualatin, OR 97062 USA ok isnt it the same? Do you know anything about their VERIFICATION address process - did your operator do any Verification of US address
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29937 posts
1292 upvotes
Fernando Po
crockpot wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 11:41 pm
US deals should have its own forum since 99% of people on here don't bother with them, US deals are noise to most of us.
Yeah...this is RED flag deals not RED WHITE and BLUE flag deals!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1706 posts
1735 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
NarodNick wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 7:22 pm
I did call to my bank and ask the to add second billing address (US one)
did bank operator do any Verification - Im using shipito.com address as my US billing address - the operator took a minute for like "verification" and said that he cant do verification by the phone and that I have to visit branch near by to verify the address in personal , What can you recommend? What kind of address did you use? I use prepcenter and shipito.com service Shipito has the addresses lik: 11408 SW Amu St Sute#2938 Tualatin, OR 97062 USA ok isnt it the same? Do you know anything about their VERIFICATION address process - did your operator do any Verification of US address
I just called CIBC and added my CrossBorderPickups address as a second address, I didn't say it was a forwarder, just said that I'd like to add my US address as a secondary address for US shopping, no issues, and now I use the US address with that CC for all my US purchases. Maybe try ex. 2938-11404 SW Amu St. Tualatin, OR 97062? That's the way I have my address added.
Dec 30, 2016
40 posts
remik wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 7:37 pm
I just called CIBC and added my CrossBorderPickups address as a second address, I didn't say it was a forwarder, just said that I'd like to add my US address as a secondary address for US shopping, no issues, and now I use the US address with that CC for all my US purchases. Maybe try ex. 2938-11404 SW Amu St. Tualatin, OR 97062? That's the way I have my address added.
Thank you ! Am I right understand you have used Shipito.com address as well? And why did you decide that sute # in front of the house number - just to follow your idea please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1706 posts
1735 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
NarodNick wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 7:58 pm
Thank you ! Am I right understand you have used Shipito.com address as well? And why did you decide that sute # in front of the house number - just to follow your idea please.
I have not used "Shipto", only CrossBorderPickups, but all forwarders work similarly. In regards to the address, that's how addresses were always able to be written, ex.

123 Fake St. #456 could always be written as 456-123 Fake St. when it comes to addresses that have unit numbers, "apartment" numbers or "suites". Either style of address will be recognized my US and Canada postal services.