Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
2043 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa

HST on Drive Clean Test?

I just did the Drive Clean test and I was charged HST so the total was $33.90 instead of $30. This doesn't seem right to me but I couldn't find anything to say whether tac is charged on the fee or not. Does anyone have any idea?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
Fees
The cost of a Drive Clean test depends on:

the type of vehicle (light-duty or heavy-duty)
the type of test (first-time test or a re-test)
Light-duty vehicles

Up to $30 (plus tax)

Heavy-duty vehicles

Each facility sets its own fees. Applicable taxes are extra.

Re-test fees (light-duty vehicles)

Up to $17.50 per test, if it is done at the same facility that performed the initial test.

$30 (plus tax) if the re-test is performed:

more than 120 days after the initial test
after 2 re-tests at $17.50 each
at a facility other than where you had the original test
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
eiad77 wrote: I just did the Drive Clean test and I was charged HST so the total was $33.90 instead of $30. This doesn't seem right to me but I couldn't find anything to say whether tac is charged on the fee or not. Does anyone have any idea?
How can being charged HST be a surprise to you? You pay HST on everything. :facepalm:
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: How can being charged HST be a surprise to you? You pay HST on everything. :facepalm:
When you die you pay HST for people moving your body - as Pete says, this is not a surprise
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Psychopathetic wrote: When you die you pay HST for people moving your body - as Pete says, this is not a surprise
Are you really that dumb...and yes, you pay HST on funeral costs.
Wake up and smell your taxes paid or are you a child and do not know what the Harmonized Sales Tax is?
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)