Expired Hot Deals

[https://nzbgeek.info] NZBGeek Lifetime membership $20 US

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 2:15 pm
Nov 8, 2007
727 posts
452 upvotes
Edmonton
I have used NZBPlanet, NZBGeek and NZBTortuga within the last two years, Tortuga appears to be the best; BUT, and a huge one, Geek is $20 for life, not an annual subscription, I pulled the trigger and switched to Geek a year back, do I regret it? No, it is $20 for LIFE!!! Am I grumpy occasionally when I find Geek's content to be somewhat lacking as compared to the other two, yes. Am I considering paying for a basic annual subscription to Tortuga to supplement Geek, yes. Planet is better than Geek, but when I had it running parallel with Tortuga, Tortuga usually came back with better results.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2939 posts
1104 upvotes
Lethbridge
game_fanatic wrote: I seem to be a pretty big n00b with this kind of stuff, what are the advantages of a usenet vs just finding things manually online?
Two things to add:
1. Using the public torrents is riskier & not always reliable.
2. Private trackers require ratios. Not a huge deal, but if you’re just using a computer you occasionally have on, it’s impossible to keep it at the usual 1:1 ratio without paying.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2438 posts
323 upvotes
ncr
Viper98 wrote: It is the absolute best way to "acquire" things
i used to too! but when things are not coming up in search (like *********), then they are not accessible to me.. that is when the private list started to popping up everywhere. i was like "screwed that", and went for those public paid online storage sites.
Jun 6, 2010
178 posts
53 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks op, grabbed one.

This + newsdemon unlim + slick vpn pro lifetime = bye bye torrents
Oct 17, 2010
819 posts
408 upvotes
Edmonton
keyser-soze wrote: This vs dognzb?

I had a sub to dog but will not be renewing. People used to rave about it, but they offer nothing more than the other few that I use. I'm all for unlimited API access but I'm giving dog a pass on the sub....unless it comes up for dirt cheap.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3977 posts
708 upvotes
Windsor
Tumster wrote: I have used NZBPlanet, NZBGeek and NZBTortuga within the last two years, Tortuga appears to be the best; BUT, and a huge one, Geek is $20 for life, not an annual subscription, I pulled the trigger and switched to Geek a year back, do I regret it? No, it is $20 for LIFE!!! Am I grumpy occasionally when I find Geek's content to be somewhat lacking as compared to the other two, yes. Am I considering paying for a basic annual subscription to Tortuga to supplement Geek, yes. Planet is better than Geek, but when I had it running parallel with Tortuga, Tortuga usually came back with better results.
How much is Tortuga? Looks like they're opening up registrations again later today...
Mar 23, 2017
220 posts
188 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: +1 interested as well. I'm currently using dognzb, worth paying for this?
I use this and dognzb, I find that sometimes content (especially older stuff) is better on dognzb but I primarily search on nzbgeek.

I did a 1 year nzbgeek membership when I setup my server, I'll probably get the lifetime sub now.
Dec 21, 2004
797 posts
154 upvotes
Are these just indexers are actual usenet servers?
Aug 4, 2008
28 posts
20 upvotes
Terrace
I use NZBPlanet (~$7/year for VIP) and use data blocks (as opposed to subscriptions). I have about 1 TB of data on Usenet.farm and about 2TB on Newsgroup Direct (purchased whenever they go on sale). Seems to work okay for myself (not really a "power user" setup though).
Apr 26, 2009
692 posts
496 upvotes
Calgary
Nzbgeek is good. I use nzbplanet which is free but can’t find as much
Apr 7, 2011
42 posts
6 upvotes
halifax
It's all automated once it is setup.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
keyser-soze wrote: This vs dognzb?
Geek
chinesedevil wrote: +1 interested as well. I'm currently using dognzb, worth paying for this?
Geek, Dog better if you don't use automation or NZBHydra
G77 wrote: Worth it if I already have another indexer that uses newznab?
Yea, unless you have NZBs.org, Slug or OMGWTFNZBS
Johnny Powel wrote: I have a non paid registration which allows me to browse but i do not see the file sizes of the content when browsing.Does that show with
a paid membership ?
Yea
s1301950 wrote: i used to too! but when things are not coming up in search (like *********), then they are not accessible to me.. that is when the private list started to popping up everywhere. i was like "screwed that", and went for those public paid online storage sites.
Manual versus Automation, all comes down to how much time you have.
Jan 21, 2011
54 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
nzbgeek unlimited seems good, I'll probably get it. I've never used nzbplanet, looks like it's invite only. I am looking for an invite, anyone have?
Nov 29, 2011
874 posts
1004 upvotes
can automation be done using NZBvortex? i have a license for that.
Mar 31, 2017
249 posts
234 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: I seem to be a pretty big n00b with this kind of stuff, what are the advantages of a usenet vs just finding things manually online?
First rule of Usenet

There is no advantage stay away from it
Oct 12, 2009
961 posts
9795 upvotes
Does anyone use a Synology NAS w/ this? I recently upgraded to 1Gb but I can never get speeds beyond maybe 150Mb. Its not slow by any means but I wouldn't mind knowing if anyone else has had experience with it.

As to people asking about Usenet vs Torrent. After I made the switch years ago its never let me down. Very seldom do I get a show that doesn't come out promptly. I even have cable but the library management of Usenet and Kodi is by far the best experience I have ever had.

The only pain I have w/ Kodi is getting 5.1 working on my Shield.
Capindy wrote: First rule of Usenet

There is no advantage stay away from it
Correct... Usenet is terrible...

*cough*
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4794 posts
847 upvotes
Thanks. I've been using geek for a few years. My sub doesn't end until October 2019, but this is too hot to pass up.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Dec 23, 2006
267 posts
57 upvotes
gotglint wrote: can automation be done using NZBvortex? i have a license for that.
I know nothing about that software, but you shouldn't be never paying for usenet client/downloader. Spend your money on service providers and indexers.
Opensource will always be better in every way (support, documentation, features). Opensource also runs independent of OS. You need to read more on sabnzbd, nzbget.
Last edited by atulb on Dec 20th, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.