Expired Hot Deals

[https://nzbgeek.info] NZBGeek Lifetime membership $20 US

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 2:15 pm
Nov 29, 2011
874 posts
1004 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: With this & Usenet you can set up a series of programs (SABNzbd, Sonarr, Radarr) to automatically download, organize and track a TV series/movie that you want the moment it hits release and is uploaded. You also get much much faster download speeds over something like Torrents.

Overall since I've made the switch to Usenet I spend a great deal less time manually searching around for downloads/fixing problems. 10/10 would recommend trying it out.
would you happen to have a link to learn how to automate SABnzbd?
can't seem to find it on their wiki, but maybe i don't know the right search term...
Dec 23, 2006
267 posts
57 upvotes
gotglint wrote: would you happen to have a link to learn how to automate SABnzbd?
can't seem to find it on their wiki, but maybe i don't know the right search term...
If you are not very teksavvy, i would recommend YouTube tutorials to get started
May 1, 2005
243 posts
44 upvotes
newsdemond or astraweb? for monthly unlimited plan
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3977 posts
708 upvotes
Windsor
For those asking about automation, you might want to give this a go - http://www.openflixr.com/

Haven't tried it myself as I have components installed on different systems, but the above should get you up and running fast.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
gotglint wrote: would you happen to have a link to learn how to automate SABnzbd?
Here's the guide I used, it suggests using Couch Potato instead of Radarr and while it works I find Radarr is much less confusing and offers better features.

http://www.totalhtpc.com/TheCompleteUsenetGuide.pdf
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
derrickrose wrote: Can I share my account with a friend?
Not a good idea, they will likely block your account if they detect multiple IP's pulling requests, especially if both IP addresses pull a file at the same time.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1871 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Good timing, was looking for a new indexer for my new NAS setup. The last few ones I was using got shut down and the free one I have only allows 5 pulls per day.
Jun 4, 2007
441 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, bought it, will compliment my free dognzb i've been using for years...less failed downloads!!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2511 posts
394 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
keyser-soze wrote: This vs dognzb?
chinesedevil wrote: +1 interested as well. I'm currently using dognzb, worth paying for this?
So I subscribed to Dog back when the other big ones shut down. I was super happy with it until they switched to a non-lifetime system. I didn't think anything of it until they announced even though I paid for a lifetime they were only crediting me a year and half. I've heard nothing but good things about nzbgeek and I will be trying this out.
Nov 28, 2011
128 posts
53 upvotes
Points east
PiusPatronus wrote: What usenet provider are you guys using?
Newshosting, for years. Never an issue. $99 US a year.
May 31, 2005
670 posts
194 upvotes
Lava hot. Thanks op. Now delete the thread. Jk.
May 31, 2005
670 posts
194 upvotes
VelvetElvis wrote: Newshosting, for years. Never an issue. $99 US a year.
Ninja or .farm. Either one are excellent. Wait till Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4689 posts
3637 upvotes
Ottawa
Diafel wrote: Good offer but I find Newsgroups to be not worth the effort of late. All the stuff I want is already removed by the time I get to it.

At least I am only paying $4 a month and get free SlickVPN with it.
You need a better indexer. We pretty much use newsgroups for everything with no issues.
Mar 24, 2007
903 posts
515 upvotes
I never used newsgroup before... Guess time to give this a try =) this automation thing sounds very interesting... Need some guidance though...
Sep 8, 2005
381 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have any issues with couchpotato automation not searching and finding things on day 1? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Whats the diff between this and something like rarbg?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2565 posts
1855 upvotes
North York
TurboTronix wrote: Whats the diff between this and something like rarbg?
rarbg = torrent, nzbgeek = usenet
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
KiraSensei wrote: rarbg = torrent, nzbgeek = usenet
Besides the obvious, I used usenet way back not sure why would someone pay 99$ us/ a month for it (mainly for games at that time). I guess it has to be more than just for TV and Movies since all that can be found easily these days...