Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
https://nzbgeek.info

NZBGeek Lifetime membership $20 US

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 2:15 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
I signed up for this deal Black Friday 2017 and have been very satisfied. Good deal!

I use it in combination with nzbs.org with sonarr and radarr in a completely automated set up.
If you use usenet and don't take advantage of programs like sonarr/radarr, you are missing out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
Dukman wrote: Newsdemon was always berry berry good to me until they kicked me out. I had the $4/mth Black Friday special. At that time I was grabbing 2TB/mth. I'm on Thundernews now at $59.99 US 2nd year renewal. I'd just wait it out until the next deal comes along.
NGD 6mth/$16.

All of those (NGD, Newsdemon, etc.) other than Aastraweb + Supernews are Highwinds resellers so the retention should be exactly the same.

I've consistently had 100MB/s+ on NGD for the last few years. On Rogers Gigabit. Highest I've seen was about 110MB/s which is right around where it speedtests at 920-930Mbps, given the overhead.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Oct 25, 2015
257 posts
289 upvotes
Guelph, Ontario
I've been using NZBGeek for a while now. Very happy with it. Highly recommend it.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
Johnny Powel wrote: I have a non paid registration which allows me to browse but i do not see the file sizes of the content when browsing.Does that show with
a paid membership ?
The last time I checked Nzbgeek offers a free 2 week trial of their subscription service. Just need to go into your profile and activate the trial.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Left for the evening, but had the payment screen open - still showed $20 for me when I got home so I took advantage of it.
Sep 23, 2008
86 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
TheHotDealNewfie wrote: I just did four separate searchs for TV shows (the last kingdom is a tv show, not a game) and 3 different ones for recent movies.

The selection of groups/quality/reposts is abysmal on nzbgeek compared to the ones I'm already subbed to.

So sure, its worth it if you use only free ones... but if you already have the premier ones, this doesnt seem to add anything at all.

I'll keep the $20 in my wallet - enjoy your purchase.
I'll disagree.

The last episode of The Last Kingdom was released 18 Nov 2018, per IMDB.
Would you rather they wait for you to catch up to index?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will occasionally post useful information; also, nudes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Becoming a member is free, so you can sign in and search and see what kind of 4k/3d stuff they are indexing. Just can't download the NZB files without a subscription.
I had a look at the 4K content and it seems people have some issue with the downloads, poor quality and the like. Are there other indexers that would offer more/better options?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
game_fanatic wrote: I had a look at the 4K content and it seems people have some issue with the downloads, poor quality and the like. Are there other indexers that would offer more/better options?
I have no idea, sorry. I rarely manually browse my indexers. I just set them up with Sonarr/Radarr and then input what tv shows/movies I want and then forget about it til it's automatically downloaded for me.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
slapthefat wrote: I'll disagree.

The last episode of The Last Kingdom was released 18 Nov 2018, per IMDB.
Would you rather they wait for you to catch up to index?
Are you -- dumb or trolling?

I'm not talking about the shit they post as it airs, every indexer worth $5 has that shit.

I'm talking about *QUALITY* posts.

Hint hint:
https://imgur.com/a/nEtqwgg

See that? the REMUXES are out, and HAVE BEEN for 2 days.

See the season pack? that INCLUDES the ripped subtitles in idx/sub (formatted) format.

I don't really care if you disagree when you don't understand the topic being discussed.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1209 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Deal is dead. Was about to sign up.
Sep 23, 2008
86 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
TheHotDealNewfie wrote: Are you -- dumb or trolling?

I'm not talking about the shit they post as it airs, every indexer worth $5 has that shit.

I'm talking about *QUALITY* posts.

Hint hint:
https://imgur.com/a/nEtqwgg

See that? the REMUXES are out, and HAVE BEEN for 2 days.

See the season pack? that INCLUDES the ripped subtitles in idx/sub (formatted) format.

I don't really care if you disagree when you don't understand the topic being discussed.
Holy shit--how were you able to type all of that with such a raging hard-on? Impressive!

Regardless, $30 for life for it is fine for people who were looking for a way to get into newsgroups, which the people on this thread generally seem to be.

Seeing as it's Christmas, I'll wish you the best of times with your warmest bottle of lotion and your mom's favourite flute.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will occasionally post useful information; also, nudes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Bonder wrote: Thanks op, grabbed one.

This + newsdemon unlim + slick vpn pro lifetime = bye bye torrents
How much are you paying newsdemon. I just realized I still have the subscription active. I am paying $13 USD every 6 months, not sure if I should keep it.

I stopped using newsgroups after discovering jdownloader and real-debrid. Not as fast as newsgroups but much cheaper.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
WL1980 wrote: How much are you paying newsdemon. I just realized I still have the subscription active. I am paying $13 USD every 6 months, not sure if I should keep it.

I stopped using newsgroups after discovering jdownloader and real-debrid. Not as fast as newsgroups but much cheaper.
$26 USD a year is incredibly good. I pay NewsDemon $15 every 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: $26 USD a year is incredibly good. I pay NewsDemon $15 every 6 months.
Ok I guess i will keep it for now even though I don't use it lol.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
slapthefat wrote: Holy shit--how were you able to type all of that with such a raging hard-on? Impressive!

Regardless, $30 for life for it is fine for people who were looking for a way to get into newsgroups, which the people on this thread generally seem to be.

Seeing as it's Christmas, I'll wish you the best of times with your warmest bottle of lotion and your mom's favourite flute.

Exactly what I said!!!

Its FINE for people looking to get into newsgroups (i.e. If you don't have the premier ones and want to toss this bottom tier indexer $20 bucks) - its a great deal! After all, its less than the price of a every day lunch lol.

HOWEVER, this indexer (based on my cursory analysis of 10 different search strings) - 1 of which is shown in the image above, provides results significantly worse than the other ones people can get.

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is, beggers can't be choosers. If you can't get access anywhere decent, sure, grab this for $20 until you get something good. If you already have literally any other indexer - this is worthless.

PROOF: https://imgur.com/a/BMgGiGR

Turns out I actually had an account (LOL!) - 5 year old (bet its older than yours!) - with 20 invites!! -- and I have never downloaded a thing from it, as my other indexers cover 100% of it! lol... literally not a thing

P.s. Your mom jokes? Grow up.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
oggie wrote: anyone want to send me an invite to one of the better ones? I'm on nzbs.in. It's ok, but not stellar.
email adress
Sep 16, 2011
598 posts
681 upvotes
Southern AB
TheHotDealNewfie wrote: Turns out I actually had an account (LOL!) - 5 year old (bet its older than yours!) - with 20 invites!!
Weird flex, but ok.

I have a 6 year old account with 30 invites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exclamationpoint

NZBGeek is fine in the general realm of indexing. All indexers will have a weak point. This is a great price.
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
could I have an invite to a better indexer if someone has any available as well. thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
Would like an invite to the “premium” indexers as well. I wouldn’t know which is good because I’ve only ever used certain ones.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: Weird flex, but ok.

I have a 6 year old account with 30 invites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exclamationpoint

NZBGeek is fine in the general realm of indexing. All indexers will have a weak point. This is a great price.
It is literally barebones from what I see - it does not bring any added value than any of the better ones.

You are 100% right, all indexers have a weak point. That implies, all indexers have a strong point (and yes I know the strengths of the major ones) - this doesn't seem to do anything better than any of the others... it... just...exists... and its not even the cheapest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)