• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 2:15 pm
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: Weird flex, but ok.

I have a 6 year old account with 30 invites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exclamationpoint

NZBGeek is fine in the general realm of indexing. All indexers will have a weak point. This is a great price.

I will see your 6 year old useless NzbGeek account with 30 invites, and raise you 6 year and two month old Legacy, LEGENDARY account with ZERO invites.
/flexes weirdly: https://imgur.com/a/nHGdG59
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9060 posts
2652 upvotes
London
Man, I've been burned so many times with "lifetime" accounts...
Sep 12, 2016
322 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
Grabbed one... for the price it's worth checking out (to me), especially coming from torrents alone
Thanks OP!
Jun 14, 2006
685 posts
59 upvotes
GTA
if anyone is feeling charitable with the invites, i can use some as well for the good ones.

On another note, as far as NZBGeek invites go, wouldn't you still require to pay for the VIP membership $30 to use after the trial period? Or am i missing something...?
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
Steinbok wrote: if anyone is feeling charitable with the invites, i can use some as well for the good ones.

On another note, as far as NZBGeek invites go, wouldn't you still require to pay for the VIP membership $30 to use after the trial period? Or am i missing something...?
NzbGeek isn't a premier indexer, it does not need an existing member with limited invites to "invite" you, any Joe Blow can click "register" and signup for as many accounts as they want... Each account costs $30 to get the "lifetime" offer.
Jun 14, 2006
685 posts
59 upvotes
GTA
TheHotDealNewfie wrote: NzbGeek isn't a premier indexer, it does not need an existing member with limited invites to "invite" you, any Joe Blow can click "register" and signup for as many accounts as they want... Each account costs $30 to get the "lifetime" offer.
Thanks...yeah, thats what i was wondering lol.
I have an account already and used up the trial, so was just wondering whats the point of the invites.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
Can people please stop asking for invites? In here and in PMs (I literally have 14 PMs in the last hour... :/ Stop please.)

It's a exclusive group for a reason... the invites are very rare, and if I'm being perfectly honest - if you're getting invites by randos by simply asking, you are most likely being "invited" to some other third tier crap like NzbGeek (who itself will charge you also a nice little $10-$30 fee).

So just be aware of that.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2275 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton
TheHotDealNewfie wrote: Can people please stop asking for invites? In here and in PMs (I literally have 14 PMs in the last hour... :/ Stop please.)

It's a exclusive group for a reason... the invites are very rare, and if I'm being perfectly honest - if you're getting invites by randos by simply asking, you are most likely being "invited" to some other third tier crap like NzbGeek (who itself will charge you also a nice little $10-$30 fee).

So just be aware of that.
I seriously don't understand why you are here touting groups like omgwtfnzb, nzbs.in/org etc then?

Get off your high horse.
Banned
Dec 2, 2018
68 posts
80 upvotes
refraxion wrote: I seriously don't understand why you are here touting groups like omgwtfnzb, nzbs.in/org etc then?

Get off your high horse.
I'm not.

If you read, you'd have clearly seen I was actually legitimately interested in adding a cheap indexer to my collection if it was worthwhile.

I realized i had an account all this time when it wouldn't let me register, an account I've had for half a decade, unused, as its completely useless...

Was more so telling people to not get excited by the "lifetime" offer.

It's called Experience sharing ;)
Dec 25, 2015
64 posts
46 upvotes
Markham, ON
Deal Dead
Fido 3GB/$0 + TextNow App = Free Unlimited Global Texting/NA Calling
FreePhoneLine + Obi200 = Free Unlimited Canada-Wide Home Phone
Nov 21, 2001
796 posts
105 upvotes
Markham
ahhchoo wrote: I used to have the whole ecosystem setup using usenet, but now just went back to torrents. The automations work just as well. Couldn't get over having to consistently pay for it though.

But for the super high quality stuff, Usenet is definitely way better. This is a good deal for lifetime license though.
Torrents are the way to go, and if you're looking for older stuff, a good TV site and a Movie site are all you need for blazing fast speed.
Jan 11, 2005
364 posts
19 upvotes
TheHotDealNewfie wrote:
Was more so telling people to not get excited by the "lifetime" offer.

It's called Experience sharing ;)
I haven't use newsgroups in almost a decade... Is there anywhere you'd recommend to get started to look at getting back into it?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4761 posts
1573 upvotes
Kingston
game_fanatic wrote: I had a look at the 4K content and it seems people have some issue with the downloads, poor quality and the like. Are there other indexers that would offer more/better options?
I looked at what they have and it's not better then any other site. I've been getting my 4k from dognzb, nzbs.org and nzb.cat
Nov 8, 2007
727 posts
452 upvotes
Edmonton
G77 wrote: How much is Tortuga? Looks like they're opening up registrations again later today...
Free 7 days trail 5 downloads per day
VIP 5 UKP per year 6000 API unlimited downloads 3000 days retention
Platinum 13 UKP per year 25000 API unlimited downloads 3000 days retention
Multipass 30 UKP per year, 25000 API unlimited downloads 3000 days retention

1 UKP = 1.72 CAD at the moment, so about $8.60 CAD for a year of VIP. The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards returning to Tortuga.
Jun 3, 2018
52 posts
29 upvotes
I seem to have been double billed by them, I'm contacting them via email. Sketchy.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1816 posts
766 upvotes
Antarctica
Is "the indexer that doesn't want itself named" still the best in game? I find o*** to be decent for 720p encodes but it's still missing some. Geek is ok for scene. Dog seems similar to geek.