Cell Phones

Hua Wei nova plus doesn't have Chinese interface!

  • Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2017 9:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2011
131 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto

Hua Wei nova plus doesn't have Chinese interface!

You would think Huawei, a Chinese made cell phone would come with at least Chinese and English interface. WRONG! the north American version only has English and French! Anyone know how to put Chinese interface in it ?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
637 upvotes
NORTH YORK
girl9394 wrote: You would think Huawei, a Chinese made cell phone would come with at least Chinese and English interface. WRONG! the north American version only has English and French! Anyone know how to put Chinese interface in it ?
Change the set up in Setting/Language and input.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2011
131 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Nope. Only English/French available.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
637 upvotes
NORTH YORK
girl9394 wrote: Nope. Only English/French available.
Can u install from the Play Store "Google Pinyin Input"?
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
637 upvotes
NORTH YORK
girl9394 wrote: You would think Huawei, a Chinese made cell phone would come with at least Chinese and English interface. WRONG! the north American version only has English and French! Anyone know how to put Chinese interface in it ?
Suggestion:
1. Did you by any chance have somebody to do the first steps of initiating the device (e.g. setting up language). If yes you can do a complete wipe out (setting/back up and reset) and redo the language set up
2. It is unlikely that Huawei has cast this in stone (e.g. only allowing Fr and Eng) as Gee has suggested earlier.
Good luck
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3874 posts
1029 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote: Suggestion:
1. Did you by any chance have somebody to do the first steps of initiating the device (e.g. setting up language). If yes you can do a complete wipe out (setting/back up and reset) and redo the language set up
2. It is unlikely that Huawei has cast this in stone (e.g. only allowing Fr and Eng) as Gee has suggested earlier.
Good luck
its entirely plausible that phone companies have different variants of a specific phone model, aimed at different markets in the world. OP's phone may have been a north american/canadian variant and hence only english/french is available for interface

not all phone companies do that, but there are ones that do for sure (not including every single language available for interface). samsung and xiaomi are 2 that i have experienced myself
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
637 upvotes
NORTH YORK
chroma_cg wrote: OP's phone may have been a north american/canadian variant and hence only english/french is available for interface
Fair enough. If it is N America version there should have been French/Eng/Hispanic languages too (Spanish speaking people more numerous than Chinese in N America.)
That is why I am curious. I will let the OP give more info
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5503 posts
4988 upvotes
Vancouver
Carrier model will have custom firmware with most language packs removed to save space.

It's not a North American version, it's Canadian from Rogers/Fido/Virgin.
Newbie
Sep 14, 2008
58 posts
15 upvotes
different phone, bought a CHATR Huawei Y6 from London Drugs and it has only English/French as input languages only. Was hoping for a chinese language as well for that for my dad.
Sr. Member
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
Ahhh if input is all you want you can just download a keyboard from google play
Newbie
Oct 12, 2017
1 posts
HI to have a Canadian Rogers Huawei Nova Plus and THERE IS ONLY ENGLISH AND FRENCH NO OTHER LANGUAGE OPTIONS. I need Spanish anyone have any ideas other then root the phone and run a language enabler app. Samsung phones have the same problem in Canada

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)