Huawei to lose access to Android and Google

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2019 3:09 pm
Sep 6, 2011
792 posts
1167 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:
May 21st, 2019 11:11 pm
Russian media is effing wierd, they're more pro-China than Chinese media is with themselves. And that dude (Rich Sanchez) use to work for CNN.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
11107 posts
1473 upvotes
This is another excellent explanation..esp for those who is still dreaming US is telling the ‘truth’..LOL

2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 6, 2011
792 posts
1167 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 3:50 am
This is another excellent explanation..esp for those who is still dreaming US is telling the ‘truth’..LOL

https:// m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=IfxfdHJ3 k9Y
That dude is fake as shit and stop giving him views, he's your stereotypical white loser in Asia.

Tthese folks below are real, long term youtubers, they're way more neutral and less bashy like some brainwashed idiots here.

Apr 14, 2006
224 posts
86 upvotes
St Johns
apvm wrote:
May 20th, 2019 1:22 pm
Tough decisions on world leaders now. Everyone should know by now, if China falls, EU and Japan will be next and then rest of the world. The decision is either to follow US and be dominated by their demands or leave the US out of the equation. I feel the time is ripe for the latter.
Had Huawei not violated the rules I’d agree with you but right now the world is already following the US
https://ca.investing.com/news/stock-mar ... ts-1475328
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4508 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
this is not Huawei but i find it hilarious. US trying to ban Chinese telecom products but people are lining up to buy their stuff.

My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3371 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
no kirin chips for huawei:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/22/1863 ... suspension
https://www.androidcentral.com/huawei-f ... nese-brand
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48363772

they can write their own android AOSP, but i dont know if they have prepared themselves for the possibility of re-doing their chips from scratch (which is much more difficult to pull off quickly than hiring a bunch of programmers to write software)

and with arm being owned by a japanese company, there is no way they will bend over china's demands, should china chooses to retaliate against japan

IMHO this is worse than huawei losing google. sure they can make their own chips if they want, but to make the chip competitive against flagship devices is another thing, and takes time

*grabs more popcorn*
Last edited by chroma_cg on May 22nd, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3371 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:54 am
this is not Huawei but i find it hilarious. US trying to ban Chinese telecom products but people are lining up to buy their stuff.

the same can be said about chinese poeple chasing after apple products, and using their iphones to post on weibo urging chinese people to stand behind huawei and boycott US/apple products. it's all the same. in the end, this trade war is simply about 2 over-zealous bullies/hypocrites (china and usa) fighting each other, and a fight to see who bends over first. im taking no sides here; they both have their merits and issues, but both sides bluff too much
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4508 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
chroma_cg wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:30 am
the same can be said about chinese poeple chasing after apple products, and using their iphones to post on weibo urging chinese people to stand behind huawei and boycott US/apple products. it's all the same. in the end, this trade war is simply about 2 over-zealous bullies/hypocrites (china and usa) fighting each other, and a fight to see who bends over first. im taking no sides here; they both have their merits and issues, but both sides bluff too much
i think that's different. one is the government trying to stop a company, the other is the citizen taking up the issue and urge other citizen to have national pride.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3371 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:41 am
i think that's different. one is the government trying to stop a company, the other is the citizen taking up the issue and urge other citizen to have national pride.
sure but using an iphone to make a national pride post is.....hypocritical, no?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4508 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
chroma_cg wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:44 am
sure but using an iphone to make a national pride post is.....hypocritical, no?
well that's a different issue too. i am just talking about the chinese telecom ban and how government is trying to ban something but people still lining up to buy.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3371 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:46 am
well that's a different issue too. i am just talking about the chinese telecom ban and how government is trying to ban something but people still lining up to buy.
its the same, we are talking about how the general public reacts differently from their goverment's stance. US people still lining up buying china stuff, and chinese people still love their iphones despite yelling for national pride

heck, even huawei's CFO uses an ipad when she was arrested in canada

and your video (yes, i actually took the time to watch it and read all the subtitles) is about people lining up at a oneplus pop-up store, which is not banned from the US IIRC
Last edited by chroma_cg on May 22nd, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 19, 2009
97 posts
69 upvotes
Rogers has instructed its staff to stop selling Huawei devices
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4508 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
chroma_cg wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:50 am
its the same, we are talking about how the general public reacts differently from their goverment's stance. US people still lining up buying china stuff, and chinese people still love their iphones despite yelling for national pride

heck, even huawei's CFO uses an ipad when she was arrested in canada

and your video is about people lining up at a oneplus pop-up store, which is not banned from the US IIRC
Huawei is not the only one that is getting banned if you have followed the news. We are just talking about it since it is a tech giant. Trump is trying to block China Mobile from entering into the market as well. Oneplus is a small player and does not have any network infrastructures, that is why they are not banning them right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3371 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 11:00 am
Huawei is not the only one that is getting banned if you have followed the news. We are just talking about it since it is a tech giant. Trump is trying to block China Mobile from entering into the market as well. Oneplus is a small player and does not have any network infrastructures, that is why they are not banning them right now.
so what does your video trying to prove anyways?