• Jan 16th, 2022 10:11 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5328 posts
2567 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

Huawei Mediapad T5 10” screen repair

Last night I did something dumb to my tablet and damaged it. I decided to try and unlock the bootloader so I could replace the OS as the default one isn’t great. To do so on this tablet it requires opening the tablet. I did this, and I thought it went fine. I didn’t see any damage other than some scratches but when I turned the tablet on (never made it to the unlock attempt) the screen lit up, tablet vibrated like normal but the screen is blank and will not display anything at all. It’s definitely on but no display. What is the likely required replacement?

Does anyone have advice on how to pick a replacement? I was looking on AliExpress but every unit seems to have at least 1 review saying they got a dud and no help from seller.

EDIT: I forgot that my wife had the identical tablet at work and brought it home today. I swapped the displays and confirmed that the tablet itself still works fine and that the display is the problem. So now I’m at a point to purchase a replacement but could use some advice as to where I should get it.