Computers & Electronics

Hub6 Safe smart home security Red Light of Death !!! Dec 15 2021 Toronto, Canada Bankrupted ????

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2022 6:16 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver

Hub6 Safe smart home security Red Light of Death !!! Dec 15 2021 Toronto, Canada Bankrupted ????

My Hub6 final stopped sending notifications today.
Can no longer arm/disarm my DSC dumb Panel from my smart phone via
hub6.. Sad !!!! I assume all yours are down and finally noticed as they already showed signs
early this year. does anyone know of a good alternative to the hub6? Another great Canadian company
gone.

https://www.hub6.io/hub6-home
Images
  • 4EED10F9-F967-423B-9618-76B03DD3B27F.jpeg
86 replies
Jan 19, 2006
540 posts
378 upvotes
BC
EnvisaLink EyezOn

ENVISALINK

Been using this to interface with a DSC panel since 2018 and it has been rock solid, and has occasionally received firmware updates. No monthly fees required.

Search RFD forums for more info.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
cloudsuck wrote: EnvisaLink EyezOn

ENVISALINK

Been using this to interface with a DSC panel since 2018 and it has been rock solid, and has occasionally received firmware updates. No monthly fees required.

Search RFD forums for more info.
I might have challenges hooking up ethernet cable to where my alarm panel is located.
the hub6 was wifi connected and had lte backup built in.. but the eyezon is definetely something i will consider!!
thanks for the info!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6933 posts
4662 upvotes
SW ON
Never heard of it.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
cba123 wrote: Envisalink is made by a Canadian company based out of Aurora Ontario, and has been the solution of choice long before hub6 tried to enter the market.

Plenty of threads here on RFD discussing Envisalink going back to 2013.
I recalled seeing boards like Envisalink, before i went with the hub6, I chose hub6 because of the wifi and lte options built in.
ease of hookup to a control pad. it had a nice look to it. bad choice now!!!
I will look into the Envisalink as i need a replacement asap..
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7216 posts
2241 upvotes
0 downvotes
I saw ads for hub6, are you sure theyre bankrupt? theyir website still works
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4799 posts
4549 upvotes
Toronto
I recall seeing the Hub6 advertised in a Best Buy flyer earlier this year and warning people to avoid services where the service provider is unproven and doesn't have a long track record, as tempting as their offerings may be.

Envisalink is a solid alternative. It's pretty much one of the originals while others have come and gone...
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
GoodFellaz wrote: I saw ads for hub6, are you sure theyre bankrupt? theyir website still works
99 percent sure, no response from tech support since June,
Phones are out of service. Website purchase links are broken. 2 friends HUB6 went down same day. Unless they Miraculously get funding and survive another 6 months..
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
Does the envisalink have pop up notifications when a door opens or closes ? Can I bypass opened zones before arming ? These were the 2 things HUB6 promised to update years ago..
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15069 posts
6628 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MobilityMan wrote: I might have challenges hooking up ethernet cable to where my alarm panel is located.
the hub6 was wifi connected and had lte backup built in.. but the eyezon is definetely something i will consider!!
thanks for the info!
If you can't get an ethernet connection to where your alarm panel is, you can try a powerline adapter. I've never had any issues with using a powerline adapter as it doesn't really need to be a fast ethernet connection. And another +1 for Envisalink... I've had mine installed for about 2+ years and I haven't had any problems with it. You can even integrate into SmartThings and Homekit (via Homebridge).
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: If you can't get an ethernet connection to where your alarm panel is, you can try a powerline adapter. I've never had any issues with using a powerline adapter as it doesn't really need to be a fast ethernet connection. And another +1 for Envisalink... I've had mine installed for about 2+ years and I haven't had any problems with it. You can even integrate into SmartThings and Homekit (via Homebridge).
great idea to use powerline, I have to buy them back now, I think i sold them off on Craiglist for like $20. Does the Envisalink give you pop up notifications each time the doors are opened and closed? the hub6 never gave a pop ups, but it did record logs. I use geeni Door sensors just for the pop up notications.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15069 posts
6628 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MobilityMan wrote: great idea to use powerline, I have to buy them back now, I think i sold them off on Craiglist for like $20. Does the Envisalink give you pop up notifications each time the doors are opened and closed? the hub6 never gave a pop ups, but it did record logs. I use geeni Door sensors just for the pop up notications.
Yes, you can have notifications on your devices via the EyezOn app, and you can also have the notifications sent to emails and as SMS messages.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7216 posts
2241 upvotes
0 downvotes
MobilityMan wrote: 99 percent sure, no response from tech support since June,
Phones are out of service. Website purchase links are broken. 2 friends HUB6 went down same day. Unless they Miraculously get funding and survive another 6 months..
why not get a group of people to congretate and meet infront of their head office and demand they replace the faulty units?
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Nov 4, 2014
1 posts
2 upvotes
Chomedey, QC
Mine also stopped working yesterday, red light and app unble to connect. What's puzzling is that December 14th I suscribed to their 10$ monthly remote surveillance package, they took the payment but I had issues completing the registration form. Called them but their pphone seemed broken. Sent them an email to get support, no replies. It doen't look good but to still process payment in this situation is theft.
Dec 16, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
Same thing here the device displays a solid red light and impossible
access the device through the app. I have the impression that they have
unplugged the servers. Impossible to get support.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
singlespeed wrote: Mine also stopped working yesterday, red light and app unble to connect. What's puzzling is that December 14th I suscribed to their 10$ monthly remote surveillance package, they took the payment but I had issues completing the registration form. Called them but their pphone seemed broken. Sent them an email to get support, no replies. It doen't look good but to still process payment in this situation is theft.
did you use a credit card for payment? good chance you can get it reversed.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: Yes, you can have notifications on your devices via the EyezOn app, and you can also have the notifications sent to emails and as SMS messages.
thats great, $109.95 is a great price. any more pros and cons you all can suggest?
I am sure alot of hub6 users are starting to look for answers and alternatives !!
2 more came here today !!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2307 posts
1060 upvotes
Toronto
Mistral49 wrote: Same thing here the device displays a solid red light and impossible
access the device through the app. I have the impression that they have
unplugged the servers. Impossible to get support.
Same. No response from support. I think we’re out a couple hundred bucks.
Or maybe they just got hit with the log4j vulnerability and all will be fine eventually?
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
2026 posts
1089 upvotes
Oakville
joo wrote: Same. No response from support. I think we’re out a couple hundred bucks.
Or maybe they just got hit with the log4j vulnerability and all will be fine eventually?
if they were hit by the log4j vulnerability and brought their servers down as a precaution to fix, then they should have at least put a notice on their home page so that users knew the reason and expected time to restore service. It's been a week now without any public response from the company.

Based on comments here in other hub6 thread, they seemed to have been having difficulties for a few months now, so I suspect they are having cashflow issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)