Price:
USD1.99
Savings:
USD4 off
Expiry:
December 1, 2020
Retailer:
Hulu
For the cordcutters amongst us who are familiar/subscribed to Hulu, the promo is back! :)

*** DNS PROXY/VPN REQUIRED***
If you're looking for a reliable DNSProxy/VPN service read the bottom of this OP.

For a limited time — between US Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday — new and eligible returning subscribers can sign up for the Hulu (ad-supported) plan and pay just $1.99/month for 12 months.

From the FAQs....

When is the Black Friday promo available?
The Black Friday promotion runs from November 26, 2020 at 12:00 am PT to November 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT.

Who is eligible for the Black Friday promo?
New and eligible returning subscribers are able to sign up for the Black Friday promotion. If you sign up for Hulu through a third party you will not be able to get the deal. Additionally, all current Hulu subscribers are not eligible for this particular promotion.

I signed up for the Black Friday promo last year. Can I get it again this year?
Existing Hulu subscribers — including those who signed up for the Black Friday promo last year — are not eligible this time around. If you’ve had Hulu previously but have not been a subscriber in the past 3 months, you are eligible for this offer.

Note from OP (Hint): Create a new account or use an older one that you perhaps abandoned due to last year's promo.

Is there a free trial?
There isn’t a free trial with this offer, so you’ll be charged your first monthly payment of $1.99 immediately upon sign up.

Source: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/black-f ... uage=en_US

Mark your calendars.

Link to last year's thread here :hulu-1-year-hulu-ad-supported-membershi ... h-2333753/

I've used SmartDNSProxy for the past 3-4 years and they reliably enable you to watch Hulu & Netflix US from your devices. If you haven't used a DNS provider before, I highly recommend them. They have a black Friday deal at the moment that gives you 3 years of service for USD 35.28 (Thanks @zerocool24), which means you'll be paying USD0.98 a month for it and you'll be grandfathered on this plan as long as you keep renewing it every three years.
Link: Just google "SmartDNSProxy Black Friday". I cannot link to SmartDNSProxy from RFD due to a redirect issue.
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Nov 26th, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
234 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1189 posts
2458 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
zebracobra007 wrote: Which VPN works best for Hulu? any free ones?

Not free, but I have used https://www.smartdnsproxy.com for the past 3 years and it has worked flawlessly for Netflix US, Hulu amongst others. They offer a 14-day trial if you want to give them a shot.

I signed up when they had a promo for $34.90 for 24 months and am grandfathered on that plan. You might want to ask or search the forum for deals on VPN/DNS service, you're guaranteed to get at least a few around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, so keep an eye out!
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Nov 25th, 2020 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1189 posts
2458 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TransporterSD wrote: Will adguard block stupid ads?
Nope, but they're not nearly as repetitive, frequent or long as the ones on live TV.

Use that time to take a piss, pop some corn, text an ex, check RFD or whatever.

Adguard don't work.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5509 posts
1820 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a group buy / family to share hulu?

Also, they only accept us credit cards no? How do you get around that even if u already have vpn?
Last edited by fightbriz on Nov 25th, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11453 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
Nice... I got this last year, and for $2USD/month it was well worth it. Sadly, my one year ends in a few days.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6107 posts
1877 upvotes
Calgary
wait, so i get to pay AND i get ads? omg what a deal, sign me up!!!

these guys sound like newspapers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1189 posts
2458 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
T3rry wrote: wait, so i get to pay AND i get ads? omg what a deal, sign me up!!!

these guys sound like newspapers.
Yup. Expected when it’s owned by NBC+Comcast+Disney.

I still prefer it over 500 channels of live garbage TV and torrenting. No effing way I’m paying our cablecos $40 for live TV and 10 times as many ads.

2 bucks a month is really mice nuts when you compare and realize the value - if you have a household that watches TV shows that is.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5509 posts
1820 upvotes
Toronto
How do you guys pay?? Since only US cc accepted
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1022 posts
743 upvotes
Victoria, BC
fudge_u wrote: Nice... I got this last year, and for $2USD/month it was well worth it. Sadly, my one year ends in a few days.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11453 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
1_blue_pixel wrote: Sign up with a different email.
Planning to... already had two Hulu accounts, just need to rebuild my watchlist.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Jan 20, 2007
618 posts
626 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: How do you guys pay?? Since only US cc accepted
Works with Stack Prepaid MC
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4740 posts
2811 upvotes
What special about Hulu? Does it have more networks on their streaming platform I.e. “all-in-one”?.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1411 posts
4325 upvotes
Does PIA work for Hulu? I did some digging and I keep find conflicting posts. Some say it works, some say it doesn't
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1189 posts
2458 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
phoreoneone wrote: Does PIA work for Hulu? I did some digging and I keep find conflicting posts. Some say it works, some say it doesn't
PIA was off and on for me. At one point they stopped supporting Netflix US, which is when I switched to SmartDNSProxy, but recently I’ve heard they’ve started supporting Hulu & Netflix again. They should have a free trial you can use to try them out.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3173 posts
2925 upvotes
Anyone using VPN Unlimited for Hulu? Thx
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5509 posts
1820 upvotes
Toronto
vancityguy0 wrote: Not free, but I have used https://www.smartdnsproxy.com for the past 3 years and it has worked flawlessly for Netflix US, Hulu amongst others. They offer a 14-day trial if you want to give them a shot.

I signed up when they had a promo for $34.90 for 24 months and am grandfathered on that plan. You might want to ask or search the forum for deals on VPN/DNS service, you're guaranteed to get at least a few around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, so keep an eye out!
Is there anything different between Smart DNS Proxy and all other VPN providers like Nordvpn or ExpressVPN or PIA? It's the same thing, no?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)