Expired Hot Deals

[Humble Bundle] Australia Fire Relief Bundle : $33 for Hollow Knight, Armello, Duck Game, Hand of Fate 2, Void Bastards & 24 more games

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 1:13 pm
Aug 23, 2019
439 posts
322 upvotes
Wow i think it's time to use my gamer money to save all the koalas, done. That was so easy right?
Last edited by Zarkey on Jan 16th, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4473 posts
2459 upvotes
Batmon wrote: Thanks op I’m in support of this relief.

before someone mentions that this deal is fiery hot
Oh god....lol.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1471 posts
2407 upvotes
Thanks OP. Don't care for any of these games but in for $50 for the cause. Hard to believe some here are complaining they can't spend *less* to get the games, want games free, want better games, etc. This is for a very good cause people and 100% of proceeds can be directed to it.
Jun 19, 2017
505 posts
969 upvotes
Canada
Would donate triple if this were for switch downloads Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1117 posts
686 upvotes
London, ON
T_Ruff wrote: You don't really have any grounds to be annoyed (unless it's at your own reading comprehension) and you were not lied to. The top of the page says "Pay $25 (about CA$32.58) or more to unlock! " and when you enter an amount less than $25 you receive two different warnings highlighted in orange:
- "You must pay at least $25 to get Steam keys"
- "Warning: You will not receive content! Add just $x more to unlock!"
I checked the warnings in the payment section after I read his post. I don't remember exactly what it said, but I don't think it was "Warning: You will not receive content!" earlier.

Humble's page formatting is not always 100% on the ball right when bundles launch. Even now, the Steam key warning probably shouldn't be there; that one part is slightly confusing, compared to how their typical multi-tier bundles work with DRM-free versions.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34217 posts
3919 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is strange, that list of game is probably the biggest I have seen so far from their usual bundle, but none of it appeals to me. Normally there would be at least 1 game from a bundle that would be interesting.
Oct 25, 2013
234 posts
878 upvotes
London, ON
divx wrote: This is strange, that list of game is probably the biggest I have seen so far from their usual bundle, but none of it appeals to me. Normally there would be at least 1 game from a bundle that would be interesting.
It’s for the Australia fires relief fund and most games in this bundle are made by Australian studio or released by Australian publisher.
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes
Batmon wrote:Thanks op I’m in support of this relief.

Nope, I would argue that it isn't fiery hot. I think it's...

SMOKING HOT.

No but really, someone should really donate some face masks/gas masks too.

(Not getting the bundle btw, not because of not wanting to, it's just that I don't use credit cards online or anything. If Steam or Sony or Xbox or Nintendo would have a deal like this though, I'd support it. Humble is just a "eh, CAD to US conversion + fees + prepaid card" headache to me.)
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4473 posts
2459 upvotes
BanditKeith wrote: Nope, I would argue that it isn't fiery hot. I think it's...

SMOKING HOT.

No but really, someone should really donate some face masks/gas masks too.

(Not getting the bundle btw, not because of not wanting to, it's just that I don't use credit cards online or anything. If Steam or Sony or Xbox or Nintendo would have a deal like this though, I'd support it. Humble is just a "eh, CAD to US conversion + fees + prepaid card" headache to me.)
They accept PayPal which can have a debit card associated with it. I get we pay more, but that is the nature of the beast my friend.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes
Sejad wrote:They accept PayPal which can have a debit card associated with it. I get we pay more, but that is the nature of the beast my friend.
Yes but if I'm unwilling to put credit card information online, then there's also little chance i'm going to do that with my debit card either. It's better that way anyway, if I went into online shopping I'd probably just be broke in no time. I'm mostly just talking about convenience though, Steam cards etc. don't have any fees associated with them (the fees for this one purchase alone would be somewhere in the $6-7 or more range for a one use prepaid) and don't need a bunch of personal info. Plus by the end of the year these will likely all be free through Epic lol.

If I happen to find a way to help the relief though I will though, regardless of reimbursement or offers. I likely won't find one though since the world operates on apps and credit cards for that kind of thing though. Oh well, there's plenty of things at home to donate to if you can find a job or rub two nickels together. I swear this country is half non-profits just by the sheer amount you get pestered by them :/

Sorry for derailing the thread though, go on with your charity work fellow gamers.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Batmon wrote: Thanks op I’m in support of this relief.

FLAMING HOT!

Games don't interest me much, but I'm in regardless because of the cause.
XBox Series X available. PM for details.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1093 posts
356 upvotes
Montreal
TheImp wrote: FLAMING HOT!

Games don't interest me much, but I'm in regardless because of the cause.
I heard the cause was global warming and man-made.

"UN climate talks: Australia accused of 'cheating' and thwarting global deal"
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... lobal-deal

"The US, Japan, and Australia let the whole world down at the UN climate talks"
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... alia-japan

Australia's climate stance sparks anger at U.N. summit
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-clim ... SKBN1YH1QC

"Australia’s reliance on coal-fired power makes it one of the world’s largest carbon emitters per capita and in June it approved a huge new coal mine by India’s Adani Enterprises"

Maybe they need to learn the hard way...
May 17, 2013
271 posts
175 upvotes
GWN
dysonlu wrote: I heard the cause was global warming and man-made.

I didn't know climate change went by the names Fadi Zreika and Abraham Zreika.
Yes, let them learn the hard way....people dying and billions of dollars in losses. People are so filled with hatred today it makes me sick.

The sky is falling and every government around the world has a solution.....more taxes on the people and if you don't the planet will die. Really?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4473 posts
2459 upvotes
BanditKeith wrote: Yes but if I'm unwilling to put credit card information online, then there's also little chance i'm going to do that with my debit card either. It's better that way anyway, if I went into online shopping I'd probably just be broke in no time. I'm mostly just talking about convenience though, Steam cards etc. don't have any fees associated with them (the fees for this one purchase alone would be somewhere in the $6-7 or more range for a one use prepaid) and don't need a bunch of personal info. Plus by the end of the year these will likely all be free through Epic lol.

If I happen to find a way to help the relief though I will though, regardless of reimbursement or offers. I likely won't find one though since the world operates on apps and credit cards for that kind of thing though. Oh well, there's plenty of things at home to donate to if you can find a job or rub two nickels together. I swear this country is half non-profits just by the sheer amount you get pestered by them :/

Sorry for derailing the thread though, go on with your charity work fellow gamers.
Enjoy your life living in fear; not sure what you’re doing on RFD if you don’t shop online.
dysonlu wrote: I heard the cause was global warming and man-made.

"UN climate talks: Australia accused of 'cheating' and thwarting global deal"
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... lobal-deal

"The US, Japan, and Australia let the whole world down at the UN climate talks"
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... alia-japan

Australia's climate stance sparks anger at U.N. summit
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-clim ... SKBN1YH1QC

"Australia’s reliance on coal-fired power makes it one of the world’s largest carbon emitters per capita and in June it approved a huge new coal mine by India’s Adani Enterprises"

Listen, some people didn’t choose their government in Australia. Just like us Canadians, we didn’t choose that POS Ford. Do these people deserve to be threatened by wild fires? What about the Alberta wildfires, did those people deserve it?
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes
Sejad wrote:Enjoy your life living in fear; not sure what you’re doing on RFD if you don’t shop online.
Not living my life in fear, I just like to support my local economy and not Jeff Bezos, sorry. And generally speaking RFD is so focused on 50 million Amazon "deals" and phone offers and stuff for people in Toronto, there's not an awful lot of focus on normal stuff like clearances etc. Just because I don't use 90% of the offers on this site doesn't mean I don't use it. And not buying things online is not "living in fear of someone coming after me". Come back and see me when you've all made Jeff Bezos richer than any man in the world and there's no local retailers anymore and see how much fun you're having shopping when all you can do is go on your phone and order stuff to appease Lord Bezos and your town/city is now just a giant Amazon warehouse with nothing else in it. That's what I'm more scared of than some cyber-criminal getting into my stuff (they already are probably).

I don't like your tone though OP. Just say support the thing or don't support it, you don't have to get into arguments. People don't have to support the Australia wildfires. They don't have to go out and buy solar panels or wind turbines. Should they? Yes. Should the government push it? Yes. Will everyone like it? No. The bigger problem overall is that very few governments seem to be doing much of anything to give people incentives to change. Why should one buy an electric furnace and solar power when natural gas is so much cheaper? That won't change without either massive price cuts or subsidies. And no government seems to be willing to do much and when they do come up with a useful subsidy etc. they eliminate it because they realize they'll lose too much money. Capitalism states that things will only change when they become affordable or are of better utility, so either we wait until they day they do (might be dead by then) or we throw money against the wall until it's fixed (no government wants to do that unless they got some huge surplus). Or we go with the middle ground we have now that's pretty much "eh, do the same stuff, throw some money here and there to put out fires and stuff, stuff that gets big media stories etc., but nothing else really". And in that middle ground things will keep burning just like they have for the past 30+ years in California and Australia.

Now that our little argument nobody cares about is out of the way, I'll just bump this to get others to support the bundle. Save the koalas and kangaroos! They're so cute Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)