Expired Hot Deals

Humble Bundle

Best of BANDAI NAMCO Bundle (Code Vein, Project Cars 3, Tekken 7, Tales of Berseria, katamari reroll, etc.) $24.48

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4936 posts
1574 upvotes
Kitchener

[Humble Bundle] Best of BANDAI NAMCO Bundle (Code Vein, Project Cars 3, Tekken 7, Tales of Berseria, katamari reroll, etc.) $24.48

Deal Link:
Price:
$24.48
Expiry:
May 31, 2021
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
More offers from Humble Bundle
First good Humble Bundle in a while (imo)

$1.22 tier
Pac-Man 256

$14.69 tier
Tekken 7
Tales of Berseria
Katamari Damacy REROLL

BTA tier (currently $22.86)
Tales of Zestiria
RAD
Little Nightmares Complete Edition

$24.48 tier
Code Vein
Project Cars 3
Last edited by Thundercloud on May 19th, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2953 posts
5322 upvotes
London, Ontario
I don't know if you know, but if you highlight your game names and then click the link button you can paste your link in there and then you can turn your words into links like this: Pac-Man 256

I'm not trying to criticize you or anything. I just think it looks cleaner this way and makes it easier on the eyes.
Sep 26, 2016
153 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Buy if there's some other games you want and to support charity, but not Code Vein; it's garbage.
Wouldn't recommend it unless you specifically want edgy anime vampires...
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4936 posts
1574 upvotes
Kitchener
SoldierZeroB wrote: I don't know if you know, but if you highlight your game names and then click the link button you can paste your link in there and then you can turn your words into links like this: Pac-Man 256

I'm not trying to criticize you or anything. I just think it looks cleaner this way and makes it easier on the eyes.
Updated.
Apethos wrote: Buy if there's some other games you want and to support charity, but not Code Vein; it's garbage.
Wouldn't recommend it unless you specifically want edgy anime vampires...
I loved Code Vein and have beaten it almost twice. The aesthetics are edgy but the story is heart warming and wholesome.
This space is intentionally left blank.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4936 posts
1574 upvotes
Kitchener
Apethos wrote: YMMV I guess? I thought it was really cringey with uninspired combat. 🤷‍♂️
Different people like different things. I found the combat was fast paced and fun. There are lots of different viable builds and builds can be changed at will, unlike soul games where you're locked into certain builds with stat point placement.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1503 posts
1004 upvotes
Canada
I also enjoyed Code Vein, felt kind of like Dark Souls in an Anime setting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5761 posts
2726 upvotes
Ancaster
fujiapplelover wrote: I also enjoyed Code Vein, felt kind of like Dark Souls in an Anime setting.
It’s definitely an anime and chill souls game. Had the usual anime tropes and cringe, it it’s still fun. I love Souls games, ur once was enough for me and I didn’t bother with the DLC.
Nov 30, 2010
582 posts
428 upvotes
Burnaby
Having played and finished Code Vein and the Dark Souls games, I'd say most people should be fine to give Code Vein a try so long as they don't mind:

1) slightly more sluggish combat
2) anime vampires. The tropes in this game felt like the stuff used in Japanese anime, which isn't written for Western audiences.
3) broken boob physics above 30fps
Aug 11, 2014
593 posts
482 upvotes
Anyone know how decent Project Cars 3 plays on a gamepad?
Mar 2, 2016
36 posts
74 upvotes
For what it's worth, I just finished Code Vein a month ago and I liked it! The level design isn't as quite as good as the Soulsborne games, but the combat is pretty fun and the character creator is great if you're into that. If you don't like the anime aesthetic, then it's probably not for you though.

That being said, Katamari is a fantastic chill game, and Berseria is considered one of the better Tales games.
Aug 2, 2020
16 posts
7 upvotes
I got the Tales game and I’m actually digging it. Just crank up some MCR and linkin park in the background and you’re set. Kidding. But the fact that the game offers “fashion” choices to cover up the protagonist really helps keep the edgy (almost perverse eye candy) part of the character design at bay. You can actually play this in your living room due to this... it’s a small consideration but it goes a long way for some. Also, if you’re up to it, using the special k injector really helps clean the game performance and visuals up.
Apr 27, 2017
140 posts
162 upvotes
Well rounded bundle but most of these games have been humble monthly fodder and other deals. BTA tier isn't great. Rad was a really boring game. Code vein was definitely an eye rolling experience but i think most of the comments here reflected a divided feeling about it.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2405 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
Apethos wrote: Wouldn't recommend it unless you specifically want edgy anime vampires...
SOLD for edgy anime vampires.

Srsly never understood the weird snobbish hate anime gets. No different, imo, than generic grizzled dude shouting at dragons/killing zombies/shooting terrorists/fighting aliens that make up the rest of gaming.
Bored...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2405 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
Apethos wrote: I like anime though, just not when the story makes me wince.
Eh, how bad could it be? I got it installed but haven't really played it yet. At worst, it's going to be a hot springs boob physics stupid hair/fashion friendship conquers all kinda thing. If I can still enjoy military growling man with 5 o'clock shadow saves the world yet again, I can enjoy this.

Heck, I bought Horizon Zero Dawn after hearing such great things about its story/dialogue/characters only to find afterwards I was essentially playing through a 2nd rate YA novel, and winced my way through that just fine.
Bored...
Feb 29, 2016
403 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
Slashon wrote: Having played and finished Code Vein and the Dark Souls games, I'd say most people should be fine to give Code Vein a try so long as they don't mind:

1) slightly more sluggish combat
2) anime vampires. The tropes in this game felt like the stuff used in Japanese anime, which isn't written for Western audiences.
3) broken boob physics above 30fps
TIL there's a term for this....amazing!
Jan 19, 2008
939 posts
376 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Can any of these games be redeemed to play on series X, or is it PC specifically?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4936 posts
1574 upvotes
Kitchener
Dark_fantom wrote: Can any of these games be redeemed to play on series X, or is it PC specifically?
Steam only. Code Vein is on game pass though.