None
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
302 posts
234 upvotes
Edmonton

[Humble Bundle] E3 Ticket!!!! Hot!

https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket

Amazing stuff too much to list on my small phone. But at the $4 USD mark I would give EvE a 30 day trial. Well worth it!!!!

Looks like a lot of great stuff this year!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2790 posts
995 upvotes
Mostly F2P game microtransaction coupons, looks like heavily padded with trash.
Banned
Jul 13, 2014
4 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think the only thing that's worth anything is the Turbo Subscription for Twitch, but if you use an ad-blocker there's really no point.
Mar 17, 2015
272 posts
183 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you happen to play some of these F2P games then the bonus junk might be worthwhile but it's not really that great of an incentive otherwise.

I have played lots of these games, but I'm not going to start playing them again for some free costumes.

$1 for the base level seems good though. Pscyhonauts is a great game and 500 amazon coins is $5 to be spent on mobile games of your choice.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1670 posts
1337 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Grey Goo is worth $4
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1354 posts
219 upvotes
EDM Area
It tells me the amazon coins are not available in my region. I am guessing you need use a VPN when you buy to get that perk?
Mar 17, 2015
272 posts
183 upvotes
Winnipeg
4got10 wrote: It tells me the amazon coins are not available in my region. I am guessing you need use a VPN when you buy to get that perk?
That sucks, I hadn't tried yet but was wondering. It should be clearly marked on the Humble Store if part of the bundle are US only.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1562 posts
760 upvotes
psychonauts is worth $1... Super-sense looks cool, but then i realized it was F2P anyway, and its just beta access(oh boy, early access to a FREE pay to win game!!!)

This might be one of their weakest bundles yet. If psychonauts was not already in 3 or 4 of there previous ones it might have had something... but as far as this board would care(since i'm sure most everyone looking at this thread has bought one of the bundles that included it before), its a pretty weak offering.

edit-I just looked at Mountain... Holy **** is that an annoying piece of software. If you keep up with all the social gaming news('gamers are dead', ''check out these amazing walking simulators', 'gamers are all violence misogynists', etc...) you'll probably get angry just reading about it, and seeing who's pimping it and providing media coverage for it. Really a perfect example of how lazy developers can shovel garbage into the app/play store and try to pass if off as art or some BS. Its also a free game on the playstore, so i dunno WTF its doing in this bundle(trying to flesh out this disaster with free-ware to make it seem like a better deal?).
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1690 posts
1044 upvotes
Toronto
Scott86 wrote: ...I just looked at Mountain... Holy **** is that an annoying piece of software. If you keep up with all the social gaming news('gamers are dead', ''check out these amazing walking simulators', 'gamers are all violence misogynists', etc...) you'll probably get angry just reading about it, and seeing who's pimping it and providing media coverage for it. Really a perfect example of how lazy developers can shovel garbage into the app/play store and try to pass if off as art or some BS. Its also a free game on the playstore, so i dunno WTF its doing in this bundle(trying to flesh out this disaster with free-ware to make it seem like a better deal?).
Wow, based on that response, I can see why people see video gaming in stereotypical terms. You know, its ok if something doesn't appeal to you. It happens to all of us. Takes all kinds of different strokes, etc.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
I've been wanting Grey Goo, but even at $4 I'm going to have to pass.

Too many games in the log, just doesn't make sense yet.
Oct 3, 2015
737 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto
This is not very hot. Please edit that out of the title.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1562 posts
760 upvotes
Alexandero2 wrote: Wow, based on that response, I can see why people see video gaming in stereotypical terms. You know, its ok if something doesn't appeal to you. It happens to all of us. Takes all kinds of different strokes, etc.
Like i said, "IF YOU KEEP UP WITH THIS"... because then you would be aware of how certain websites that cover games have gone out of their way to insult, belittle, and outright condemn gamers for any public issue(like say, the murder of 50 people yesterday) for playing violent games, all while pushing these non-games.

Read up on tale of tales. Read up on how their "game" sunset was objectively horrible. How the gaming press that is mentioned in Mountains humble page, went on to explain that failure not on the fact that the game was a buggy, uninspired, boring POS(that looked like a PS2 game, but ran horribly on high end PC's)... but rather because gamers were too racist and misogynistic to play as a strong, female POC... and how the developers of the game then went on twitter and were less than professional with their own potential fans.(NSFW).

I dont blame you for not following all this stuff, but please dont be ignorant enough to think there isnt a valid reason why a huge chunk of people(probably the majority of gamers who follow the news) are in a bad mood. Believe it or not, not everyone who dislikes the new ghostbuster trailer is a racist bigot, even if thats what all the click bait websites tell you. And not all the people who play CoD or GTA are school shooters waiting for their opportunity..
Aug 31, 2011
325 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Scott86 wrote: Like i said, "IF YOU KEEP UP WITH THIS"... because then you would be aware of how certain websites that cover games have gone out of their way to insult, belittle, and outright condemn gamers for any public issue(like say, the murder of 50 people yesterday) for playing violent games, all while pushing these non-games.

Read up on tale of tales. Read up on how their "game" sunset was objectively horrible. How the gaming press that is mentioned in Mountains humble page, went on to explain that failure not on the fact that the game was a buggy, uninspired, boring POS(that looked like a PS2 game, but ran horribly on high end PC's)... but rather because gamers were too racist and misogynistic to play as a strong, female POC... and how the developers of the game then went on twitter and were less than professional with their own potential fans.(NSFW).

I dont blame you for not following all this stuff, but please dont be ignorant enough to think there isnt a valid reason why a huge chunk of people(probably the majority of gamers who follow the news) are in a bad mood. Believe it or not, not everyone who dislikes the new ghostbuster trailer is a racist bigot, even if thats what all the click bait websites tell you. And not all the people who play CoD or GTA are school shooters waiting for their opportunity..
Too many F2P and Pay2Win items in this bundle, pass. And to add, the "game" mountain is not a game : no controls, automatic save, audio on/off switch, time moves forward, things grow and things die, nature expresses itself, ~50 hours of "gameplay" (quotes added by me for emphasis). It got high praise from sites that ***** on their consumer base, even HB was briefly involved in attacking gamers. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8433 posts
5249 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't already own or haven't played Psychonauts please get your life and priorities together
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9194 posts
5637 upvotes
Toronto
In for a buck. Psychonauts is really the only game you're getting though.

FYI, expiry dates for codes:
-Twitch Turbo: Sep. 1, 2016.
-WildStar E3 Pack: June 13, 2017
-Warframe PC Booster Pack: Febuary 1st, 2017
-Neverwinter Adventurer's Helper Pack: September 30, 2016
-Super Senso Beta Access + Starter Pack: July 18, 2016

The rest either expire > 1 year from now or have no expiry.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
302 posts
234 upvotes
Edmonton
Like I said I think EvE 30 day trial is totally worth the $4 tier.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1794 posts
602 upvotes
4got10 wrote: It tells me the amazon coins are not available in my region. I am guessing you need use a VPN when you buy to get that perk?
Used a VPN, but it didn't show up. I used PayPal and it mentioned something about using the address so perhaps it's checked there.