507 upvotes

[Humble Bundle] EA Games Sale for PC - Redeemable on Steam / Origin

Deal Link:
Savings:
Up to 75%
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
More offers from Humble Bundle
Just got this alert in a newsletter and wanted to share, some very low discounts on Battlefield games while we all wait on the new Battlefield 6 or whatever it's going to be called

Side note: Wish there was a decent hockey game for PC gamers
[removed for signature violation, do not repost]
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2953 posts
5320 upvotes
London, Ontario
None of the games through that link are redeemable on Steam. They all say Origins and Windows.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
SoldierZeroB wrote: None of the games through that link are redeemable on Steam. They all say Origins and Windows.
Steam makes you activate with Origin anyways for pretty much any recent EA game.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1215 posts
918 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Steam makes you activate with Origin anyways for pretty much any recent EA game.
I think that is more Valve allowing it, I cant see why Valve would want you to install origin. This makes buying ea and ubisoft games on steam annoying though.
Sep 10, 2008
235 posts
179 upvotes
You should still shop around, for instance Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe is $9.99 on Steam, $2 cheaper than Humble (which doesn't seem to be the Deluxe edition, but IMO it's not worth extra money)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
Kevcorm wrote: I think that is more Valve allowing it, I cant see why Valve would want you to install origin. This makes buying ea and ubisoft games on steam annoying though.
EA uses Origin as a way of enforcing DRM and limiting piracy, it has nothing to do with Valve. It doesn't matter what storefront you buy EA games from, EA will make you use it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2382 posts
727 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
EA Games are not redeemable on Steam when purchased elsewhere. If you want Steam copies, you need to buy them through Steam.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1215 posts
918 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: EA uses Origin as a way of enforcing DRM and limiting piracy, it has nothing to do with Valve. It doesn't matter what storefront you buy EA games from, EA will make you use it.
Thats what they say its for, but its mostly so they can collect user info and control legit users.
Jan 26, 2011
368 posts
897 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: It doesn't matter what storefront you buy EA games from, EA will make you use it.
Some EA games on Steam do not install or use the Origin launcher, only need an account login, such as Apex Legends, Medal of Honor Above & Beyond, Star Wars Squadron, SWTOR, Command & Conquer Remastered, etc.