Expired Hot Deals

[Humble Bundle] Humble Choice - decent selection of games this month (Dirt Rally 2, Shadow of War, Street Fighter V, plus others)

[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15143 posts
6166 upvotes

Humble Choice - decent selection of games this month (Dirt Rally 2, Shadow of War, Street Fighter V, plus others)

Deal Link:
Price:
$20USD
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
The selection this month is pretty good and it looks well worth the $20USD if you don't own some of the more expensive games already. Here is the full list:

Middle Earth Shadow of War

Graveyard Keeper

Two Point Hospital

Dirt Rally 2.0

Street Fighter

Bad North Jotunn Edition

Trailmakers

Unrailed

Whispers of Machine

Them’s Fighting Herds

Mages of Mystralia

Grip Combat Racing

Enjoy!
Last edited by SickBeast on Jan 10th, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Zoomer customer.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2615 posts
1836 upvotes
Kitchener
I was happy about Dirt Rally 2.0 :)
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7798 posts
4380 upvotes
Toronto
maybe I'm underestimating the value and demand of these current games but this doesn't seem as hot a deal as the past $12 humble monthly deals. I guess on paper $20USD for Shadow Of War, SFV and Dirt Rally isn't bad and still certainly cheaper than buying these games individually on consoles but at the same time it's not really much better and doesn't stand out as a no brainier like the best $12 months from the past.
Oct 25, 2013
216 posts
873 upvotes
London, ON
ReeGee wrote: maybe I'm underestimating the value and demand of these current games but this doesn't seem as hot a deal as the past $12 humble monthly deals. I guess on paper $20USD for Shadow Of War, SFV and Dirt Rally isn't bad and still certainly cheaper than buying these games individually on consoles but at the same time it's not really much better than the best $12 months from the past.
First of all, old subscriber can still get 10/12 games by paying $12USD which is actually the best deal. Only new subscriber needs to pay $20USD for 9/12 games.
Also to be honest, the quality of the games for this month is much better than most previous monthly bundles. Previous bundle was like 2-3 cover games + 6-7 addons.
But this month there are about 5-6 games that could be placed as cover games in previous monthly bundles.
Sep 30, 2015
151 posts
28 upvotes
York, ON
NowJoJo wrote: I was happy about Dirt Rally 2.0 :)
Yes, I like Dirt Rally. I got it for free. I play it with my rumble pad which id not ideal. So, I'll not buy.
Feb 20, 2014
21 posts
7 upvotes
I guess I'm lucky...I'm on the humble classic plan...which basically means I get all (10/12) for 12$ USD...and I can pause a month if there are absolutely not games I want from the month.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7798 posts
4380 upvotes
Toronto
nanmo091032 wrote: First of all, old subscriber can still get 10/12 games by paying $12USD which is actually the best deal. Only new subscriber needs to pay $20USD for 9/12 games.
That only works for people who paid ahead for a full year which I doubt many people did and I believe the majority of people subscribed/cancelled on a month to month basis depending on if the early unlocks caught their attention.

I don't really want to get into too much of a debate about the games this month but to me, Shadow Of War is a mixed reception game that isn't really worth more than $5-10 if it's even worth playing at all, SFV is DLC filled garbage that requires an additional $50+ of character DLC to be enjoyable, which leaves Dirt Rally 2.0 as the only unanimously decent game in a niche genre that won't appeal to everyone. Honestly never even heard of the other games. Perhaps you disagree with my assessment on the value and quality of these games but imo you can do better with $20USD on PC and this is bundle is just quantity over quality.
Oct 25, 2013
216 posts
873 upvotes
London, ON
ReeGee wrote: That only works for people who paid ahead for a full year which I doubt many people did and I believe the majority of people subscribed/cancelled on a month to month basis depending on if the early unlocks caught their attention.

I don't really want to get into too much of a debate about the games this month but to me, Shadow Of War is a mixed reception game that isn't really worth more than $5-10 if it's even worth playing at all, SFV is DLC filled garbage that requires an additional $50+ of character DLC to be enjoyable, which leaves Dirt Rally 2.0 as the only unanimously decent game in a niche genre that won't appeal to everyone. Honestly never even heard of the other games. Perhaps you disagree with my assessment on the value and quality of these games but imo you can do better with $20USD on PC and this is bundle is just quantity over quality.
That works for any subscriber before Humble Monthly changed to choice plan last month, regardless you were in month-to-month, quarter year or full year plan. It is called Humble Choice Classic if you want to know the details.

And you are right about the quality of the games, it really depends on the feelings of different persons.