Expired Hot Deals

[Humble Bundle] Humble Monthly (Yakuza 0, The Division + More, $12 USD, PC)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 9:19 pm
[OP]
Apr 12, 2005
821 posts
4714 upvotes

Humble Monthly (Yakuza 0, The Division + More, $12 USD, PC)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 31, 2019
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

2.png

Yakuza 0, The Division (Uplay) and more (releasing on February 1st) for $12 USD ($16 CAD). CAD->USD conversion is in the crapper right now, but a couple nice games this month on top of what they add February 1.

Yakuza 0 lowest (Steam CAD) $20.09.
The Division lowest (Steam CAD) $10.49.

Last Month: Humble Monthly - January
PSN: sixb0nes
24 replies
Dec 20, 2015
502 posts
290 upvotes
LONDON
Yakuza 0 is a great game. Although you might need to be part-weaboo to get the full experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3005 posts
320 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Ytterbium wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:12 pm
Yakuza 0 is a great game. Although you might need to be part-weaboo to get the full experience.
I got bored in Osaka. There just aren't as many things to do and places to look around there.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7005 posts
3259 upvotes
Toronto
Yakuza 0 PC is the best game I've played this year by far and I stand by that as I'm in the middle of playing GOW on PS4. It's such an addictive game packed with variety and fun stuff to do. Has a bit of a slow start but once it gets going it's amazing and hard to put down. Also looks and runs amazing maxed out on my GTX 970. Be sure to enable the option that makes all cutscenes 60fps as it's easy to miss
Last edited by ReeGee on Jan 4th, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1553 posts
444 upvotes
Montréal, QC
The Division is also a great game. Sadly, I have logged over 1400 hours of play and have barely touched any other games I bought for the last 2 years.
Feb 25, 2008
323 posts
27 upvotes
Great month by all accounts, between Yakuza and The Division there is a crazy amount of value ( > 100 hours of gameplay)
Dec 18, 2003
894 posts
225 upvotes
Is the Division similar to Wildlands or is it more tactical?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1553 posts
444 upvotes
Montréal, QC
escalade wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:41 pm
The Division is often compared to Destiny. It's a cover based shooter-looter game. Haven't played enough Wildlands (which I also own) to be able to make comparisons.
Nov 26, 2008
305 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
escalade wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:41 pm
No, Division is not tactical like Wildlands, Wildlands is great in many aspects of that subject.

Division is more third person MMO - You have skills, weapon/equipment levels. Also if you like bullet sponge games.

Still an excellent game if you have friends to enjoy it with.
Dec 18, 2003
894 posts
225 upvotes
BioRage wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:55 pm
No, Division is not tactical like Wildlands, Wildlands is great in many aspects of that subject.

Division is more third person MMO - You have skills, weapon/equipment levels. Also if you like bullet sponge games.

Still an excellent game if you have friends to enjoy it with.
There is no campaign to play as single player? I played wildlands single player campaign and loved it.
Nov 26, 2008
305 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
escalade wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 3:06 pm
There is no campaign to play as single player? I played wildlands single player campaign and loved it.
There is SP/Co-op "campaign" - it's mostly PvE based - (Not as well as Wildlands IMO, no vehicles, etc.), but you may have a time where you want a partner to assist.. problem with bullet sponge games - if you don't have enough DPS you will need to farm/source better gear.

There's also a PvP aspect of the game..

Picture it as a down-scaled free roam Wild-lands, with running only and spongey NPC mechanics.

For $10 you can't argue tbh.
Aug 20, 2009
253 posts
253 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:28 pm
Yakuza 0 PC is the best game I've played this year by far and I stand by that as I'm in the middle of playing GOW on PS4. It's such an addictive game packed with variety and fun stuff to do. Has a bit of a slow start but once it gets going it's amazing and hard to put down. Also looks and runs amazing maxed out on my GTX 970. Be sure to enable the option that makes all cutscenes 60fps as it's easy to miss
That's rad.

I platinumed God of War and played Yakuza 0 after. You can definitely argue it's the superior game. All the sidequests have hilarious self contained stories. Loved the disco, telephone club minigames. And holy crap running the hostess club is addicting
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2006 posts
353 upvotes
Scarborough
Wildlands isn't very tactical to be honest, but it is still a million times better than the division.

The division is a run and gun borefest where you duck, hide in cover then run and shoot constantly throughout the entirety of the game. The story line has nothing significant of value and the side missions are mostly fetch quests or go here and eliminate this group of people (which is the same as the main quests).

That being said, if you have 2-3 other friends to play division with it can be decent.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10348 posts
1164 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m very interested in this game. Recently bought a shield tv. Linked steam and humble to it. Again I’m new to all this but will yakuza work on my shield?

And can I buy this particular one Posted by OP?
May 5, 2009
605 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:28 pm

Best game so far this year.... only 4 days into the year haha. Looking forward to playing yakuza none the less.