Expired Hot Deals

[Humble Bundle] Humble Software Bundle: Be a Creative Superhero! With Painter, CorelCAD and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite $39.58

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 3:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
407 posts
253 upvotes

[Humble Bundle] Humble Software Bundle: Be a Creative Superhero! With Painter, CorelCAD and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite $39.58

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
More offers from Humble Bundle
PAY CA$1.31 TO UNLOCK!

AfterShot Standard
Raw Photo Editor, Comparable Adobe Lightroom
MSRP: $39.99

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF CA$34.28 TO ALSO UNLOCK!

PaintShop® Pro 2020
#1 Alternative to Adobe Photoshop MSRP: $79.99

Black & White High Key Script for PaintShop Pro
Compatible with PaintShop Pro
MSRP: $9.99

Color High Key Script for PaintShop Pro

Black & White Low Key Script for PaintShop Pro

Color Low Key Script for PaintShop Pro

ParticleShop + 11 Brush
MSRP: $49.99

Brush Pack 2 Smoke & Steam
MSRP: $29.99
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack Combustions
Comes with 15 brushes

PAY CA$39.58 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

CorelCAD
MSRP: $699

Corel Painter® 2020
PC Editors' Choice Award
Over 900 brushes and paper textures, integrates with Wacom and multi-touch
MSRP: $429

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2020
Vector illustration, page layout, typography, photo editing software
6-month Subscription
Credit card info required
MSRP: $209.70

Brush Pack - Mike Thompson
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Don Seegmiller
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Android Jones
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Creepers
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Inking
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Graphic Impact
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Sketch
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Starry Night
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Translucent
Comes with 15 brushes

Brush Pack - Fantasy
Comes with 15 brushes

Light Leak Scripts
Requires PaintShop® Pro 2020
MSRP: $49.99

UPDATE 1: It looks like there is a limited time weekly freebies page from corel https://learn.corel.com/freebies/
Last edited by shoppingsheep on Oct 7th, 2020 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
43 replies
Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
I'm on the fence here.... I've already got an earlier corel humble bundle with almost everything already listed, but the one thing I don't have is CorelCad and I keep threatening to try graduating up from tinkercad.

Not sure if I want to spend $40 just for that.... (upvoted anyways).
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Apr 29, 2007
562 posts
263 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Great bundle.
I got the similar one from last year. Worth it for just for Painter.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1744 posts
2969 upvotes
Thanks OP. CorelCAD is new this year, as is CorelDraw Suite... sucks the later is only 6 months subscription though. Compared to last year they removed the Suite version of PaintShop Pro 2020 (included AfterShot but that's now included in tier 1), upgraded Painter to 2020 (excellent upgrade) and completely removed Pinnacle Studio video editing (which was excellent), Photo Mirage (which was simply ok) and Gravit Designer Pro (it was a 1 year sub so meh). They also substituted some plugins and brushes, basically, but include more this year. So, in the end, CorelCAD ($899 CAD value) and the upgrade to Painter 2020 from 2019 (a $269 CAD value) are the largest upgrade differences but missing Pinnacle Studio is a loss for those new to the package. However, for those who are new and haven't bought in to Humble's yearly Corel package this is a great deal.

For comparison, here was last years Corel bundle:
humblebundle-com-corel-painter-paintsho ... re-2316940
Last edited by Elrondolio on Oct 1st, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
Elrondolio wrote: Thanks OP. CorelCAD is new this year, as is CorelDraw Suite... sucks the later is only 6 months subscription though. Compared to last year they removed the Pro version of PaintShop Pro, upgraded Painter to 2020 and completely removed Pinnacle Studio video editing. They also subbed some plugins, basically. So, in the end, CorelCAD and the upgrade to Painter 2020 from 2019 are the largest differences but missing Pinnacle Studio is a loss. For those who haven't bought in to Humble's yearly Corel package this is a great deal.

For comparison, here was last years Corel bundle:
humblebundle-com-corel-painter-paintsho ... re-2316940
Yeah, I just picked up on that as well. I don't do subs so that's a complete write-off for me. These are still amazing bundles for folks who don't already have them.

The only downsides to Corel software are how aggressive they are with their Nag/Upgrade notifications, and they all seem to have some kind of front-end launcher that adds an extra step into launching their programs from the desktop.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
PharaohsVizier wrote: Anyone know if they come with separate keys?
Separate keys is how the previous bundle came, I can't imagine it'd be any different for this one. I'm considering grabbing this for the Cad and then sharing the keys to stuff I've already got with friends/family who might be interested.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1744 posts
2969 upvotes
sswilson wrote: Yeah, I just picked up on that as well. I don't do subs so that's a complete write-off for me. These are still amazing bundles for folks who don't already have them.

The only downsides to Corel software are how aggressive they are with their Nag/Upgrade notifications, and they all seem to have some kind of front-end launcher that adds an extra step into launching their programs from the desktop.
I couldn't agree more. I don't know why they persist doing so in this day and age where web popups are basically verboten (in new windows, at least) and most people hate them. The software, however, is so good I take a bit of time to disable those popups completely whenever I reinstall an app or the entire suite I want (only do once after all Corel apps you want are installed). Here are "everyman" instructions to do so for those interested and it does, indeed, wipe those popups out. A pain, but it works:
Part 1:

Hold down the Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously
When the Run box appears, release both keys
Type: appdata in the Run text box
Click OK
Double click on the Roaming folder to open it
Double click on the Corel Folder
Find the Messages folder and delete it
Start a Corel app again, such as PaintShop Pro, etc
The Messages folder will get recreated in the above location
Enter the newly recreated Messages folder again
Find the Message.policy file and edit it
In Message.policy, change the value="opt-in" to instead read value="opt-out"
Save the file, then right click it and mark it Read Only

Part 2:

In Start Menu start typing Control Panel and run it
In Control Panel click Administrative Tools
In the right-hand pane double-click Task Scheduler (allow permission if asked)
In the left-hand pane select Task Scheduler Library
In the top middle pane you should see a list of scheduled events. Look for those related to Corel (in mine there are 'CorelUpdateHelperTask' and 'CorelUpdateHelperTaskCore') as well as Pinnacle (in mine there are 'PinnacleStudio23Notifier' and 'PinnacleStudio23Updater')
Right-click on each one and select 'Disable'
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1744 posts
2969 upvotes
PharaohsVizier wrote: Anyone know if they come with separate keys?
Yes they do for most apps - outside of the plugins and brushes which are directly downloaded. Each app and plugin / brush pack has it's own download and install.

Note: this year the keys are valid for 2 unique devices.

Also note on Mac: AfterShot, CorelCAD, Painter 2020 and the brush packs are available to install. PaintShop Pro 2020, Particle Shop and the CorelDraw 6 month subscription is unavailable as a download from Humble, although some people last year had success finding their own downloaders and using the bought humble keys to register them properly.

Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
Elrondolio wrote: Yes they do for most apps - outside of the plugins and brushes which are directly downloaded. Each app and plugin / brush pack has it's own download and install.

Note: this year the keys are valid for 2 unique devices.

Also note on Mac: AfterShot, CorelCAD, Painter 2020 and the brush packs are available to install. PaintShop Pro 2020, Particle Shop and the CorelDraw 6 month subscription is unavailable as a download from Humble, although some people last year had success finding their own downloaders and using the bought humble keys to register them properly.

Did you end up buying the new bundle on top of the old one?
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1744 posts
2969 upvotes
sswilson wrote: Did you end up buying the new bundle on top of the old one?
Yes. At these prices I upgrade my Corel suite every year through Humble when the upgrades are worth it. This year the Painter 2020 upgrade is well worth it and the new CorelCAD is as well. I'll sell, trade or give away to family or friends the Paint Shop Pro 2020, AfterShot and ParticleShop keys I already have licenses for that were not upgraded this year. Most of the brush packs are new this year so will keep them as well.

By the way: if anyone already owns a pen enabled convertible laptop (recommended), tablet or graphics tablet I'd very highly recommend Corel Painter... it is beyond excellent. One can currently pick up a very inexpensive but very good quality and featured graphics tablet from Huion, the 1060Plus, for $65.99 shipped after coupon clip (no taxes) from Amazon.ca:

Image(credit: parkablogs.com review)

https://www.amazon.ca/1060Plus-Graphics ... B01DZLKYEW
Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
Elrondolio wrote: Yes. At these prices I upgrade my Corel suite every year through Humble when the upgrades are worth it. This year the Painter 2020 upgrade is well worth it and the new CorelCAD is as well. I'll sell, trade or give away to family or friends the Paint Shop Pro 2020, AfterShot and ParticleShop keys I already have licenses for that were not upgraded this year. Most of the brush packs are new this year so will keep them as well.

By the way: if anyone already owns a pen enabled convertible laptop (recommended), tablet or graphics tablet I'd very highly recommend Corel Painter... it is beyond excellent. One can currently pick up a very inexpensive but very good quality and featured graphics tablet from Huion, the 1060Plus, for $65.99 shipped after coupon clip (no taxes) from Amazon.ca:

Image(credit: parkablogs.com review)

https://www.amazon.ca/1060Plus-Graphics ... B01DZLKYEW
Heh... that's literally the exact reason I bought the package last year. I'd picked up one of the Huions in a sale and wanted something other than Paint to use it with. :)

I'm probably going to grab this year's bundle as well. I've already got 2020 Painter (I suspect there was a reasonably inexpensive upgrade offer) but I've been in the market for something beefier than tinkercad, and not sure I want something as complex as blender or fusion 360 (plus they're nerfing the free home-use fusion 360). I'm starting with zero knowledge though so I grabbed a beginner's blender course on Udemy and will see if I can transfer what I learn from that over to the trial version of CorelCad.
Jun 4, 2017
53 posts
67 upvotes
Am completely new to these programs; I know nothing about them. Would y’all experts recommend picking it up for fun?
Sep 18, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
Hi, sorry newbie here trying to find a good software for my daughter who wants to learn - is this a monthly subscription fee or a one time payment for a perpetual license? TIA!