Expired Hot Deals

[Humble] ROCKSMITH® 2014 (Game to learn to play Guitar) $11.99 (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 2:54 am
[OP]
Feb 26, 2017
143 posts
130 upvotes

ROCKSMITH® 2014 (Game to learn to play Guitar) $11.99 (70% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
70% off
Expiry:
May 15, 2019
Retailer:
Humble
This is a good deal for this game. It's probably the best way to learn how to play the guitar or the bass! Enjoy. Note that you can also play custom songs (CDLCs)... just google "customsforge".
76 replies
Mar 15, 2008
285 posts
75 upvotes
Any good deals on the cable and a guitar?
Mar 28, 2019
16 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks, op! I've had the cable and been meaning to buy this for a while. This is a great price for this.
Aug 19, 2004
744 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, I just went to EB games and bought a used rocksmith cable/game. The xbox and PS4 one work fine as long as they have a usb connector. Often cheaper than getting a new cable alone.

Bought this game a while ago. It's ok to try ; but not really going to make you a great guitarist. Sometimes frustrating and overly repetitive. I ended up losing interest pretty quickly.

I recommend guitartricks as they have good video lessons. Subscription service.

If you're looking for something free; try justin guitar... But you get what you pay for.... Guitar tricks is much better and offers a free trial.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4253 posts
959 upvotes
Kitchener
Tried on ps3 before but got bored. Will give it another try on PC!

Edit: Wait, I already own this! lol
Last edited by Thundercloud on May 11th, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1410 posts
171 upvotes
Whitby
There was an update so that you don’t need the cable anymore. A standard USB microphone will now work.
Aug 19, 2004
744 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Galad wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:16 am
There was an update so that you don’t need the cable anymore. A standard USB microphone will now work.
Yea. You'll want the cable. It's frustrating enough with the cable. The microphone is not the greatest in picking up frequencies. It's more useful if you have no choice because you are using an acoustic guitar.

If you're running an electric guitar. Get the cable, it will be well worth it if you REALLY want to try this.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1588 posts
465 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Just tried with my Xbox cable, works fine on PC
[OP]
Feb 26, 2017
143 posts
130 upvotes
kleung21 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 11:18 pm
Actually, I just went to EB games and bought a used rocksmith cable/game. The xbox and PS4 one work fine as long as they have a usb connector. Often cheaper than getting a new cable alone.

Bought this game a while ago. It's ok to try ; but not really going to make you a great guitarist. Sometimes frustrating and overly repetitive. I ended up losing interest pretty quickly.

I recommend guitartricks as they have good video lessons. Subscription service.

If you're looking for something free; try justin guitar... But you get what you pay for.... Guitar tricks is much better and offers a free trial.
There is a streamer who has learned to play guitar with this game and still plays it many hours a day. Recently he was invited to perform on stage with a band he loves (because they saw his stream). It's definitely possible.

Anyway, this game might get boring if you are stuck with the basic song selection, but if you use customsforge, you have access to thousands upon thousands of songs. For someone who is into metal like me, there is a lot of choice there that isn't in the original game and even the DLCs. There is no reason why this game has to be repetitive. It's literally just a platform to learn to play in a more convenient way. There is less interaction with keyboard/mouse as a result and more playing.
Oct 16, 2013
88 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Senescence wrote:
May 10th, 2019 12:09 pm
There is a streamer who has learned to play guitar with this game and still plays it many hours a day. Recently he was invited to perform on stage with a band he loves (because they saw his stream). It's definitely possible.
I agree, Rocksmith won't make you a great guitarist. It's fun to play with and can be great motivation for beginners, but ultimately you'll get the same results playing Rocksmith as you would just reading and playing with tablature. They real key is actually spending hours a day with a guitar in your hands.

If Rocksmith hooks you, then that's great—but the real success is just in playing regardless. I give less credit to Rocksmith for "teaching" this streamer to play and more credit to him being dedicated to playing. Cool that Rocksmith was his motivator, but honestly after a point he was doing it on his own. I don't think it takes very long before a halfway-competent player's ear is (or should be) more reliable than the true-tone cable and Rocksmith software.
Sep 12, 2006
216 posts
143 upvotes
London
This is pretty cool. Anyone have recommendations on a beginner guitar?
Jun 20, 2010
955 posts
605 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:23 pm
Just bought this game... Again. I now own 3 copies on 3 platforms. Now if only I had time to play :(
Story of my life for the past 5 years. Face With Tears Of Joy