Hot Deals

[Humble] ROCKSMITH® 2014 (Game to learn to play Guitar) $11.99 (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 9:20 am
Oct 10, 2011
107 posts
17 upvotes
Niagara
I have the original Rocksmith, but am intrigued by customsforge. Is there any difference between Rocksmith 2014 and 2014 Remastered? Or is it one in the same (just remastered from the original)?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1045 posts
549 upvotes
Hongcouver
montyhall wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:33 pm
This is pretty cool. Anyone have recommendations on a beginner guitar?
I recommend the Squier Affinity Stratocaster. If you look into local store, you can probably find one around $199 to $299. It comes with guitar, cables, tuner and a small amp. Squier is made by Fender, so it is a good brand and you can see video reviews all over youtube.

Here is the one in Calgary where I purchased mine (I got it on sale for $229):
https://www.long-mcquade.com/119630/Gui ... -Black.htm
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
FreddyK13 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 3:33 pm
I have the original Rocksmith, but am intrigued by customsforge. Is there any difference between Rocksmith 2014 and 2014 Remastered? Or is it one in the same (just remastered from the original)?
Rocksmith 2014 was a new game, a sequel to the original. A BIG upgrade over the first one. Remastered is an update for the 2014.

Customsforge is great for the PC version. Simple to figure out, join the forum, and access the songs.
Oct 10, 2011
107 posts
17 upvotes
Niagara
jayoldschool wrote:
May 13th, 2019 6:16 pm
Rocksmith 2014 was a new game, a sequel to the original. A BIG upgrade over the first one. Remastered is an update for the 2014.

Customsforge is great for the PC version. Simple to figure out, join the forum, and access the songs.
And customsforge will work with either? Is remastered much of an improvement?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3078 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
FreddyK13 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 3:33 pm
i could be wrong but i think the remastered version is the version for the ps4 and xbone as the regular Rocksmith 2014 was for the ps3 and xbox 360
Jul 1, 2009
107 posts
160 upvotes
FreddyK13 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 6:41 pm
And customsforge will work with either? Is remastered much of an improvement?
On PC Steam, XBox One and PS4 there is only remastered 2014 now (boxed retail PC still comes in non- remastered versions but its a free upgrade to remastered). As @dchabby states above, the original 2014 was released on PS3, XBox 360 and boxed PC versions. CDLC currently works on PC, PS3 and XBox 360 but not XBox One or PS4 (yet... PS4 is in the works but only for still jailbroken systems on 5.05 firmware and lower and still very experimental). Remastered fixed a lot of bugs, added the ability to sort and filter songs (massive improvement for large libraries), big new abilities in riff repeater, etc. So yes, it was a large improvement.
Jul 1, 2009
107 posts
160 upvotes
Bruce.W wrote:
May 13th, 2019 10:43 pm
Anyone here got time to give this a try?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comm ... _v3_guide/
I tried it many years ago and had a decent experience, but the official tone cable has far less distortion issues and latency (thats very important). Using a 1/4in cable and the no cable patch can be fun and worth experimenting with for sure, but if you're trying to really learn the guitar you want to make it as stress and hassle free as possible. Considering tone cables are easily available for $40 and under along with $10 bucks for Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for a total outlay of $50 plus tax I'd very much recommend that route. There is official support for acoustic instruments via microphone mode as well.
Jul 1, 2009
107 posts
160 upvotes
The Epiphone Les Paul Special II Plus Top Cherry Burst Ltd Edition with dual humbuckers is currently on sale at Long & Mcquade for $229, $50 off its list of $279. My 10 year old daughter picked this one a while back and its an excellent guitar for its price (plus its very purdy). I play it as well along with my Standard and a few other nice guitars... it holds its own play-ability wise and has lower weight, etc. Regardless of guitar you buy or may have, I'd suggest taking it to somewhere like Long & Mcquade and having them set it up for you as it can make a huge difference in ease of use (low action, etc). You can do so for anywhere from $75 to $100 depending on guitar.
Aug 23, 2016
121 posts
282 upvotes
Has anyone tried the microphone input using an acoustic guitar? I've been on the fence about getting Rocksmith for a while because I only have an acoustic.
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
I haven't. I would really suggest picking up an inexpensive good electric. A used Squier Affinity will be very cheap. It will work well, and be easy to play!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1599 posts
140 upvotes
York Region
Elrondolio wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:32 pm
No problem, I hope it works out on your system. Don't forget you can disable Dolby Digital / DTS mode on your PS4 as well to remove even more latency on top of everywhere else. If you really want to get in to Rocksmith 2014 I highly recommend the PC version as it supports thousands of free custom songs through CustomsForge (you can take a look at whats available by doing a CDLC Search at the site). CustomsForge Song Manager is indispensable in organizing your massive library of songs on the PC if you go that route. Good luck!
Thanks for this, and you sold me on another copy of Rocksmith 2014 for PC, will be using it on my Mac.
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
knightwrangler wrote:
May 14th, 2019 12:53 pm
Thanks for this, and you sold me on another copy of Rocksmith 2014 for PC, will be using it on my Mac.
Grab a PC to use it on. There are not many CForge files for Mac (compared to PC). Join the website first to check the files, you can sort by platform.
Dec 9, 2014
227 posts
162 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:16 am
does anyone know if the game works with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Interface ?

https://focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfa ... arlett-2i2
While I don't own the 2i2, USB audio and audio APIs are standards and don't change from device to device, with some exceptions made for special and/or very old equipment. I can't find a reason why your interface would fail with Rocksmith. When I played, it was through an Alesis USB mixer and it was fine. You will need to use a third party loader, though.