Hot Deals

[Humble] ROCKSMITH® 2014 (Game to learn to play Guitar) $11.99 (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 9:20 am
Apr 11, 2017
56 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks OP picked this up, and a guitar, and the tone cable...
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3078 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op - finally decided to pick it up!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1599 posts
140 upvotes
York Region
jayoldschool wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:56 am
Grab a PC to use it on. There are not many CForge files for Mac (compared to PC). Join the website first to check the files, you can sort by platform.
Thanks! Will check it out...
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Dec 28, 2006
747 posts
233 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:36 pm
will this get me groupies? In for 10 if yes. Lol thnx OP

Also, its available on xbox one at ebgames for 49.99 but it comes with the plug which has a 39.99 value. I cant seem to find any on the map in stock, and no store pick ups available, but i am very certain i have seen these in the stores a few days ago, just didnt pay attention to pricing.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Platform/Games/725488
So would everyone agree that getting this for PC (and then forking over an extra $40 for a tone cable on amazon) is better than buying this on a console (PS4 or Xbox One)?
From what I'm reading in this thread, it would be because of ability to free download thousands of more songs from customforge (whatever that is) onto PC version, whereas consoles you are stuck with the limited catalogue on the disc?

I'm about to pull the trigger, but I like the idea of playing this on my big tv with surround sound from a console vs PC with my dinky desk speakers
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1557 posts
1370 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
swaghunter wrote:
May 16th, 2019 12:54 pm
So would everyone agree that getting this for PC (and then forking over an extra $40 for a tone cable on amazon) is better than buying this on a console (PS4 or Xbox One)?
From what I'm reading in this thread, it would be because of ability to free download thousands of more songs from customforge (whatever that is) onto PC version, whereas consoles you are stuck with the limited catalogue on the disc?

I'm about to pull the trigger, but I like the idea of playing this on my big tv with surround sound from a console vs PC with my dinky desk speakers
Use a laptop and plug her into the tv. I play this way (not rocksmith but other games)
Jul 29, 2016
58 posts
31 upvotes
swaghunter wrote:
May 16th, 2019 12:54 pm
I bought PC version (not console) because of 2 reasons:
1. It runs smoothly on any decent pc or laptop so I don't stick with some outdated piece of hardware (like xbox 360 or ps3)
2. you can add new songs for free. But initial list of song in the game so great for me so I never did it.
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
It runs smoother on both my PS3 and PS4 than my laptop. My laptop is at the low end of the hardware specs for the game.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3078 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
anyone having issues using the rocksmith cable on your pc ?

I had a cable from my ps3 copy of the original rocksmith and just cant seem to get it to work
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2327 posts
303 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
May 18th, 2019 3:52 pm
anyone having issues using the rocksmith cable on your pc ?

I had a cable from my ps3 copy of the original rocksmith and just cant seem to get it to work
I've used my PS3 cable on multiple PCs here (all have been Windows 10)
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
There are a couple of settings to change to get the cable to work on a PC if it doesn't work out of the box. Mine worked on one, had to tweak on the other. Just google "rocksmith cable not working PC" and you'll find what to do.
Dec 28, 2006
747 posts
233 upvotes
So in order to download all the dlc songs from customforge, their website says you need to purchase one song Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins.
Can everyone confirm thats what they did as well? Just want to be sure, even though I'm reading the directions on website.
Mar 7, 2011
67 posts
47 upvotes
swaghunter wrote:
May 18th, 2019 7:02 pm
So in order to download all the dlc songs from customforge, their website says you need to purchase one song Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins.
Can everyone confirm thats what they did as well? Just want to be sure, even though I'm reading the directions on website.
Correct. You have to buy Cherub Rock before you can play CDLC. This is what I did and it worked for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2327 posts
303 upvotes
swaghunter wrote:
May 18th, 2019 7:02 pm
Short answer: yes, you have to buy Cherub Rock

Long answer: you have to buy at least one DLC, and to make your life easy it should be Cherub Rock, but if you already own another DLC and don't want to spend another $3 on Cherub Rock, then there are tools out there that will allow you to change the AppID on the CDLC you download to match the AppID of the DLC you purchased. If you're not sure what any of that meant, then try googling "CDLC Cherub Rock" for more info, or even better, just see the Short answer!
Jun 14, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Senescence wrote:
May 10th, 2019 12:09 pm
There is a streamer who has learned to play guitar with this game and still plays it many hours a day. Recently he was invited to perform on stage with a band he loves (because they saw his stream).
Think I know of the streamer you speak of, he also plays in a real band, so he might be an exception...he is a really good guitar player though... baguette Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes