Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HumbleBundle.com

Corel Painter, PaintShop Pro, Pinnacle Studio, more (C$1.33 to C$33.26) - 1 Week Encore

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 8:39 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
setlist wrote: Are these just software version updates or are they asking for money for a better version?
Money for a better (newer) version. You can turn the nagware off in settings, but it's defaulted to on and it's not a global setting you have to find it in each individual piece of software.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
setlist wrote: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/p ... nce-encore

They've re-release this bundle for 7 days! Since this thread is still in the "Hot Deals" section I figured it's better to make use of the OPs great write ups rather than have people re-tread already covered questions.
Thank you @setlist for the heads up! I have updated the OP with the new dates and a shoutout to you for finding this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
sswilson wrote: Heh... be prepared to go through all of the corel software settings to turn off their periodic "reminders" that a new version and/or upgrade is available... :) Glad I got the package when it was available last time, but can't say I'm a fan of the bloody built-in nagware.
Yes I agree, the upgrade pop ups that are enabled by default are very annoying. I believe its well worth the temporary annoyance at these rock bottom prices but if I paid many hundreds for these great media apps and had to individually disable the upgrade pop ups in each app I'd be turned off way more.

While one can disable these upgrade pop ups by starting each app and disabling messages, here is a slightly more complicated but relatively easy set of instructions to get the upgrade pop ups permanently disabled via one Corel app and some windows work:
Part 1:

- Hold down the Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously
- When the Run box appears, release both keys
- Type: appdata in the Run text box
- Click OK
- Double click on the Roaming folder to open it
- Double click on the Corel Folder
- Find the Messages folder and delete it
- Start a Corel app again, such as PaintShop Pro, etc
- The Messages folder will get recreated in the above location
- Enter the newly recreated Messages folder again
- Find the Message.policy file and edit it
- In Message.policy, change the value="opt-in" to instead read value="opt-out"
- Save the file, then right click it and mark it Read Only

Part 2:

- In Start Menu start typing Control Panel and run it
- In Control Panel click Administrative Tools
- In the right-hand pane double-click Task Scheduler (allow permission if asked)
- In the left-hand pane select Task Scheduler Library
- In the top middle pane you should see a list of scheduled events. Look for those related to Corel ('CorelUpdateHelperTask' and 'CorelUpdateHelperTaskCore', etc) as well as any Pinnacle ('PinnacleStudio23Notifier' and 'PinnacleStudio23Updater', etc)
- Right-click on each one and select 'Disable'
Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
HeinzKetchup wrote: Thanks! Although you could have created a new thread! I'm sick of Adobe bloatware and their monthly scam fees.
I agree. Adobe really needs to come out with a home suite that is perpetual or, at the very least, create a home subscription for no more than $60 a year ($5 a month) that includes Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere. That's what makes this Corel suite, with perpetual license, so attractive... at these prices, its an outright steal.
Aug 30, 2015
837 posts
1328 upvotes
BC
So for someone who has no experience with this kind of software (and honestly are not very artistic), are there tutorials or guides that can get you up to speed? What kind of time commitment would it be to learn enough for this to be useful?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
setlist wrote: So for someone who has no experience with this kind of software (and honestly are not very artistic), are there tutorials or guides that can get you up to speed? What kind of time commitment would it be to learn enough for this to be useful?
There are a *ton* of tutorials online direct from Corel, from tons of Youtube videos and some course work via Udemy, Lynda.com, etc. Directly from the applications there are built in guides that highlight the menus, toolbars, etc and show you directly how to use many of its features in a very interactive way.

Without knowing what you'd like to do with these media apps (retouch and enhance photos from your phone or camera, create new photo compositions, edit videos, create movies, paint on virtual canvas's with natural media like chalk, oils, pens, etc using an actual pen on touchscreen or graphics tablet plugged in to a computer, etc) I'm not sure how one could answer what kind of time commitment you'd invest to learn these apps. There is such a wide variety of tasks you could want to tackle but I can say this: its pretty easy to jump in and get started doing basic photo retouching, video editing and certainly painting using the tools in this bundle within minutes.

At these prices I'd just jump in and see if any of it is useful to you... you really can't go wrong at $35ish dollars for the massive amount of creative doors these apps open to you.

Here are a few useful links to evaluate:

https://learn.corel.com/painting-tutorials/
https://learn.corel.com/webinars/painter-webinars/
https://www.youtube.com/user/PainterTutorials
https://www.udemy.com/course/digital-portrait-painting/

https://learn.corel.com/photo-tutorials/
https://learn.corel.com/webinars/paints ... -webinars/
https://learn.corel.com/video-tutorials ... tutorials/

And so much more on youtube, etc.

Good luck!
Dec 6, 2016
63 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
I already have Corel Painter 2016 (have not really use much as I do not have the time I expected when I bought the software). Is it worth the upgrade to Painter 2019? It appears that 2019 also make use of GPU so it should be faster. The additional brushes are tempting too.

(I have a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium pad.)

NVM: I bite the bullet and bought the bundle. Thanks OP!
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FullMoonWolfie wrote: I already have Corel Painter 2016 (have not really use much as I do not have the time I expected when I bought the software). Is it worth the upgrade to Painter 2019? It appears that 2019 also make use of GPU so it should be faster. The additional brushes are tempting too.

(I have a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium pad.)

NVM: I bite the bullet and bought the bundle. Thanks OP!
I was going to say that for just $33 I would've upgraded and bought the bundle too! Even for just the bonus things like the brush packages
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
missed out last time, but glad i got this with the udemy corel program to go with it from the black friday sale too!
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bump for the last hour it's available. It's really an excellent deal
I've been using painter for the last week and its very good.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Can this program edit the new CR3 raw files from Canon? I want to try this program, because my good old DarkTable doesn't support CR3.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)