Home & Garden

Hunting for a deal on water heaters - Montreal!

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 9:42 pm
[OP]
Jun 6, 2019
4 posts

Hunting for a deal on water heaters - Montreal!

Looking for the cheapest option for hot water heater, short term if possible or no penalty for switching between owners. Looking to rent for a few months before selling my property.

Condo, 3rd story of a low-rise, electric, 40-60gallon, 1-2 people, low-moderate hot water usage.

Best I could find was 15-17$ + (instalation is charged if not on long term contract).

Anyone know any good deals?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6090 posts
4391 upvotes
Altheas wrote: Looking for the cheapest option for hot water heater, short term if possible or no penalty for switching between owners. Looking to rent for a few months before selling my property.

Condo, 3rd story of a low-rise, electric, 40-60gallon, 1-2 people, low-moderate hot water usage.

Best I could find was 15-17$ + (instalation is charged if not on long term contract).

Anyone know any good deals?
As far as I know there is not many options to rent a water heather... I know Hydro Solution, but tgat's about it... What is the reasons you want to rent? Personally I would never go that route.

Is your actual tank leaking? If not, leave it as is, and other owner will take care of it when needed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6486 posts
1150 upvotes
Appliance rentals are simply a really, really bad idea and I would never want to stick any new owners with a rental contract for anything.
[OP]
Jun 6, 2019
4 posts
Yes, I know rentals are less cost effective in the long run. I'm not concerned with that since I'll be selling and the new owner will take over, ours is due for an update/change (condo board req.) so should the new owner choose to keep renting or buy is up to them, but it's not a cost I'm willing to cover.
Sep 26, 2016
130 posts
118 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Install the new one, then pump the sell price by that amount. If your condo is hot, that amount is negligible. If its not, the buyer probably will try to lower the price to cover the incoming expense, like new water heater here anyway
[OP]
Jun 6, 2019
4 posts
@DoorCrasher, thanks I'll be comparing them to the other one's I've found, they seem to be one of the cheaper ones.

And a thanks-no-thanks to all the unsolicited advice on how to manage my property, sale or anything outside of my original request.

Does anyone have any actual answers/suggestions for deals on montreal water heater rentals?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1094 posts
542 upvotes
Longueuil
Deals and water heater rentals are mutually exclusive
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...