• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 5:53 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6967 posts
6099 upvotes
Ducky wrote:

and that's why you can't compare them to koodo/Telus/rogers, etc...
Koodo/Telus is full LTE

Public is owned by Telus but restricted to 3Mbps
Tichi wrote: No offence, but it must be something wrong with the perception of your parents. I'd rather believe in dry math...
Dry math is 180Mbps is 60x faster than 3Mbps . Is it not? And 180Mbps can load pages and videos much faster than 3Mbps right?

How is that not simply dry math? How does your math work? It isn't that hard right?

Not to mention she's only paying$35 a mth for 4gb Koodo plan for full speed LTE which is cheaper than slow speed public mobile. Dry math again . Much faster speed (20x-60x) and cheaper price.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Koodo/Telus is full LTE

Dry math is 180Mbps is 60x faster than 3Mbps . Is it not? And 180Mbps can load pages and videos much faster than 3Mbps right?

How is that not simply dry math? How does your math work? It isn't that hard right?

Not to mention she's only paying$35 a mth for 4gb Koodo plan for full speed LTE which is cheaper than slow speed public mobile. Dry math again . Much faster speed (20x-60x) and cheaper price.
3 mbps (LTE capped) is good enough for loading speed for everything but (HD) videos. But how many HD videos can u afford per few GB allotment per month?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6115 posts
1956 upvotes
Mississauga
Tichi wrote: Again, if you only have a few GB per month to play with, the speed difference (between LTE-capped/"3G" and full LTE) does not matter..
tell that to all the robellus users and see what they think...lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6115 posts
1956 upvotes
Mississauga
StatsGuy wrote: Koodo/Telus is full LTE

i know that koodo is on full lte...

that's why when ppl compare koodo to lucky, I'm saying it's not a fair comparison... apples to oranges...

you can compare koodo to fido or virgin... that would be fair
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6115 posts
1956 upvotes
Mississauga
Tichi wrote: 3 mbps (LTE capped) is good enough for loading speed for everything but (HD) videos. But how many HD videos can u afford per few GB allotment per month?
when my kid is youtubing in a restaurant, i don't want to see any sort of buffering...

i haven't tried throttled lte... but i don't know many ppl that would switch from full lte to throttled lte...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6967 posts
6099 upvotes
Tichi wrote: 3 mbps (LTE capped) is good enough for loading speed for everything but (HD) videos. But how many HD videos can u afford per few GB allotment per month?
Lots of clips actually. And pages load way faster

See that's the thing, if you don't watch it all the time , so imagine having to wait for the times you do? Absurd

Even on basic sites like espn there's a huge difference in how long it takes to load
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Lots of clips actually. And pages load way faster

See that's the thing, if you don't watch it all the time , so imagine having to wait for the times you do? Absurd

Even on basic sites like espn there's a huge difference in how long it takes to load
OK I must admit I did not test thorougly 3G (LTE capped) speed. I used it briefly and it looked ok for my basic low-speed demands..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)