Husqvarna 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure washer at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2021 7:31 am
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
65 posts
35 upvotes

Husqvarna 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure washer at Costco

Anyone have any experience with this Husqvarna gas pressure washer? Detailed specs?

pressure washer

It's going to be $100 off according to the flyer I received last week.
6 replies
Feb 1, 2009
367 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
I saw it in store so might be even cheaper there.

In the market for one but this might be overkill. Also would like an electric one for convenience and maintenance and Greenworks seem to make some decent ones.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5823 posts
3391 upvotes
Ottawa
It's built by Briggs & Stratton. Not a knock (I have a B&S pw and it has served me very well for many years now) and this is at least a horizontal pump. The engine will last forever. What typically goes on these things are the pump (easy to replace and fairly cheap), and the hose. You'll have it for years - even if it isn't a "true" Husqvarna (outside of chainsaws, snowblowers, and lawncare products, it's hard to know what a "true" Husqvarna is)
Sep 14, 2010
13 posts
1 upvote
mississauga
$100 off from Apr 5 to May 2, it’s $369 in store.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1619 posts
1779 upvotes
West GTA
Asriel wrote: I saw it in store so might be even cheaper there.

In the market for one but this might be overkill. Also would like an electric one for convenience and maintenance and Greenworks seem to make some decent ones.
Problem with most electric ones is durability and power. They tend to have lower pressure and lower flow rate, so they can be weak for larger or tougher jobs. The typical cheap motors and construction are also pretty frustrating when your power washer might break every few years. They do make electric brushless induction motors that are much stronger but they do cost more (similar to a basic gas).
Oct 6, 2012
267 posts
96 upvotes
alberta
I am on edge, last year bought karcher but returned due to bad reviews, Please share your experience with this.
Sep 12, 2017
137 posts
78 upvotes
I just ordered that one to replace an old pressure washer.

I looked a bunch of them and figured it was the best of the low cost (<$500) units. Good engine and a horizontal pump were too things I was looking for. I suspect its kind of a 3rd party build licenced by Husquvarna but the parts going into it looked solid.

Some of the reviews were bad. However I discounted most of them as almost all were complaining about the engine not working. There's a lot of people out there that don't understand how gas engines work and they don't just start at the touch of a button. Add a choke into the mix and people get even more confused. Plus Costco does have a good return policy if there are issues.

CHM.