Husqvarna 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure washer at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2022 8:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
67 posts
36 upvotes

Husqvarna 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure washer at Costco

Anyone have any experience with this Husqvarna gas pressure washer? Detailed specs?

pressure washer

It's going to be $100 off according to the flyer I received last week.
14 replies
Feb 1, 2009
480 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
I saw it in store so might be even cheaper there.

In the market for one but this might be overkill. Also would like an electric one for convenience and maintenance and Greenworks seem to make some decent ones.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7404 posts
5221 upvotes
Ottawa
It's built by Briggs & Stratton. Not a knock (I have a B&S pw and it has served me very well for many years now) and this is at least a horizontal pump. The engine will last forever. What typically goes on these things are the pump (easy to replace and fairly cheap), and the hose. You'll have it for years - even if it isn't a "true" Husqvarna (outside of chainsaws, snowblowers, and lawncare products, it's hard to know what a "true" Husqvarna is)
Sep 14, 2010
13 posts
2 upvotes
mississauga
$100 off from Apr 5 to May 2, it’s $369 in store.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2279 posts
2896 upvotes
West GTA
Asriel wrote: I saw it in store so might be even cheaper there.

In the market for one but this might be overkill. Also would like an electric one for convenience and maintenance and Greenworks seem to make some decent ones.
Problem with most electric ones is durability and power. They tend to have lower pressure and lower flow rate, so they can be weak for larger or tougher jobs. The typical cheap motors and construction are also pretty frustrating when your power washer might break every few years. They do make electric brushless induction motors that are much stronger but they do cost more (similar to a basic gas).
Oct 6, 2012
321 posts
106 upvotes
alberta
I am on edge, last year bought karcher but returned due to bad reviews, Please share your experience with this.
Sep 12, 2017
191 posts
133 upvotes
I just ordered that one to replace an old pressure washer.

I looked a bunch of them and figured it was the best of the low cost (<$500) units. Good engine and a horizontal pump were too things I was looking for. I suspect its kind of a 3rd party build licenced by Husquvarna but the parts going into it looked solid.

Some of the reviews were bad. However I discounted most of them as almost all were complaining about the engine not working. There's a lot of people out there that don't understand how gas engines work and they don't just start at the touch of a button. Add a choke into the mix and people get even more confused. Plus Costco does have a good return policy if there are issues.

CHM.
Jul 26, 2008
839 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal
Regarding this machine, it's on sale again this year at Costco.

And this thing is pure 100% B&S product, the sticker on it even says so :

The part number on the engine says 13U2-80098013.
Closes service manual I found is for 13U200 engines here : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16021 ... 30g00.html

I saw the same unit a Princess auto under the Murray brand name :

btw the gun and hose on this machine are pure junk.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7404 posts
5221 upvotes
Ottawa
naimc wrote: Regarding this machine, it's on sale again this year at Costco.

And this thing is pure 100% B&S product, the sticker on it even says so :

The part number on the engine says 13U2-80098013.
Closes service manual I found is for 13U200 engines here : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16021 ... 30g00.html

I saw the same unit a Princess auto under the Murray brand name :

btw the gun and hose on this machine are pure junk.
As they were on my B&S (which I bought 10 years ago and is still going strong). Over the years, I've replaced the pump (my fault) and the hose and gun (B&S's fault).
Jul 26, 2008
839 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal
CaptSmethwick wrote: As they were on my B&S (which I bought 10 years ago and is still going strong). Over the years, I've replaced the pump (my fault) and the hose and gun (B&S's fault).
Can we learn from your mistakes, How does one kill the pump ?

- Leave it out in freezing temperatures
- Leaving the motor running for more than few min without water circulation
- Other ?

And have you ever replaced the gear oil on your unit ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7404 posts
5221 upvotes
Ottawa
naimc wrote: Can we learn from your mistakes, How does one kill the pump ?

- Other ?

Winter snuck up on me one year - it rarely consults my calendar to confirm my availability to winterize those things that require it but one year, its unheralded arrival was both brutal and rude.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2811 upvotes
Toronto
naimc wrote: Can we learn from your mistakes, How does one kill the pump ?

- Other ?

Takes a lot less than a few minutes of running without water, that can kill it super quick. I accidentally did this one time and smoked the thing in less than a minute. Needs that water cooling....
------------------------------------
Jul 26, 2008
839 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal
Regarding this PW 3000, In the limited time I have had it I have always found it a pain to start. My other engines, gas mower snow blower almost always start on the 1st pull.

The B&S on this units requires a few pull.

I removed the spark plug and it's TORCH F6TC, it was gapped at .025 inches rather than the .030 inches found in the manual.

Next about the hard pull I checked the vales, both intact and exhaust were at .10 mm and a service manual I found listed both at .15 MM so I adjusted the valves.

the instructions for valve adjustment. I engine marking are , 13U2-80098013 which is chinese made engine. the B&S web site does not list this engine but I found a service manual for a 13U200 which look like our engine.

After doing both these steps I now have a one pull start.

The last problem I have to fix, the engine does run at a constant RPM with no load every few seconds is surges a bit, before the governor brings it back down. I am running with pump un-bolted for these adjustments so maybe it run properly with the pump. If it still surges I will take the carburetor apart.

Seems kind of silly that a new machine needs this level of adjustment. I guess they don't build em like they used to.
Jul 26, 2008
839 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal
The "pull" to start the machine is definitely easier with the diverter valve installed and opened.

The amount of force required by the engine, is such that if I shut off the cut off valve to fast, the engine stalls !

It has to be done slowly so the RPM ramp up to follow the pumps resistance as the valve closes.
May 30, 2017
2 posts
Just purchased at Richmond Hill Costco for $399.99($100 off warehouse price/$140 off online price). There was 4 left. Saw a whole skid or two earlier this summer for $499.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)