• Jul 24th, 2019 12:54 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
425 posts
64 upvotes
BC

Huwaei p30 v.s. iPhone XR

Pros & con's for Huwaei p30 v.s. iPhone XR? Huwaei seems to be substantially cheaper.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4407 posts
1315 upvotes
Kingston
This will be a hard one to get a useful answer. Just another iPhone vs android thread. Both sides with argue why theirs is the better choice.

I have a p30 pro and I absolutely love it. I have never had any problems with it. I have received tons of compliments on the pictures I've taken. There have been many people who have thought they were professional, when all I did was point and shoot. No special settings, no editing. Of course, It does take crappy pictures sometimes too but it most are amazing.

Battery life is AMAZING. I never have to worry about my phone dying on me. By the end of the day I always have lots of battery left. I don't charge my phone everynight anymore. When I'm running low it's charged full in like 40min. On power saving mode I have gone days without charge.

Both a pro and a big con is the whole Trump drama with Huawei. People are worried so prices are going way down. People think Huawei spy's so you need to decide if you believe it or not. No proof they do, but no proof they don't.
On the other hand Apple has had its own bad publicity too..like selling people's data, slowing phones so you need to upgrade etc, so either way there is something you may have to worry about with both companies if thats the kinda stuff that bothers you.

The iPhone is more expensive because its apple. People will pay it and they know it. That's why they are selling a $1000 monitor stand. Because they can.
Your paying for the brand and apple is known for good quality. Huawei is good quality too, but people don't know it. Even though Huawei sells more phones then apple before this year most people in North America have never heard of them before.

I can't say If this is true or not alot of reviews ive seen say that the video on iPhone is alot better. That could be a deciding factor you may need to do more research on of its important to you. Video seems good to me on the p30. I have never seen the xr video tho.

Myself I don't see any advantage to buying the iPhone unless your stuck in their ecosystem and iPhone is what you're used to. It's hard switching over to android from IPhone for some people because it is such a drastic change.

Hope that helps a bit.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
425 posts
64 upvotes
BC
Tha DraGun wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 6:07 pm
This will be a hard one to get a useful answer. Just another iPhone vs android thread. Both sides with argue why theirs is the better choice.

I have a p30 pro and I absolutely love it. I have never had any problems with it. I have received tons of compliments on the pictures I've taken. There have been many people who have thought they were professional, when all I did was point and shoot. No special settings, no editing. Of course, It does take crappy pictures sometimes too but it most are amazing.

Battery life is AMAZING. I never have to worry about my phone dying on me. By the end of the day I always have lots of battery left. I don't charge my phone everynight anymore. When I'm running low it's charged full in like 40min. On power saving mode I have gone days without charge.

Both a pro and a big con is the whole Trump drama with Huawei. People are worried so prices are going way down. People think Huawei spy's so you need to decide if you believe it or not. No proof they do, but no proof they don't.
On the other hand Apple has had its own bad publicity too..like selling people's data, slowing phones so you need to upgrade etc, so either way there is something you may have to worry about with both companies if thats the kinda stuff that bothers you.

The iPhone is more expensive because its apple. People will pay it and they know it. That's why they are selling a $1000 monitor stand. Because they can.
Your paying for the brand and apple is known for good quality. Huawei is good quality too, but people don't know it. Even though Huawei sells more phones then apple before this year most people in North America have never heard of them before.

I can't say If this is true or not alot of reviews ive seen say that the video on iPhone is alot better. That could be a deciding factor you may need to do more research on of its important to you. Video seems good to me on the p30. I have never seen the xr video tho.

Myself I don't see any advantage to buying the iPhone unless your stuck in their ecosystem and iPhone is what you're used to. It's hard switching over to android from IPhone for some people because it is such a drastic change.

Hope that helps a bit.
Hey, thanks for the response. I know there will be so many different opinions, but your post is what I was looking for. The wife and I will do some research on each phone. My iPhone SE is glitching out throughout the touch screen and will need to get something new soon. I've tried hard resetting, complete factory reset & nothing seems to change. So new phone it is. I'm not keen on the whole China/Canada/US dealio with the Huwaei phones but also not keen on the expensive overpriced iPhones.

Been iPhoning it for the past 10 or so years, so it will be a drastic change for the both of us.
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
270 upvotes
i have an XR and it's a great phone.
I dont think I would pay cash for it at MSRP..... I got a sick deal through work... phone was free for me... If you can pick up a used one here on RFD or facebook/craigslist, it might be worth it for around $700

Good size. Good battery life. Good camera... Apple never had the best specs in the market, but overall phone works great.

I was always an adroid guy until I got an Iphone6s.... I hate apple ecosystem... but at the end of the day, I trust Apple with my data.... The phone is basically impossible to hack.

Oh yeah.... best of all... iphone bluetooh head set.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4407 posts
1315 upvotes
Kingston
JimboD wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 8:32 pm
Hey, thanks for the response. I know there will be so many different opinions, but your post is what I was looking for. The wife and I will do some research on each phone. My iPhone SE is glitching out throughout the touch screen and will need to get something new soon. I've tried hard resetting, complete factory reset & nothing seems to change. So new phone it is. I'm not keen on the whole China/Canada/US dealio with the Huwaei phones but also not keen on the expensive overpriced iPhones.

Been iPhoning it for the past 10 or so years, so it will be a drastic change for the both of us.
The Huawei/Trump issues are easing up a bit but regardless it only affects new models that Huawei creates. Even their folding mate x phone is not affected because it was announced before the whole Trump thing. So with the p30 pro there is nothing to worry about.

It will be overwhelming at first because of all the different settings and customizing you can do with android if you want. iPhone is very restrictive.
You will figure it out quick tho and you will find alot of tasks are easier to do from what I've seen.

My biggest issue with iPhone is they may be great phones but you have to spend alot more money and you get less features and outdated specs. That's the only reason why I would never consider one.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4407 posts
1315 upvotes
Kingston
bezne1 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:22 pm
I was always an adroid guy until I got an Iphone6s.... I hate apple ecosystem... but at the end of the day, I trust Apple with my data.... The phone is basically impossible to hack.
Tell that to all the celebrities who have had their personal xxx photos hacked and leaked for all the world to see.

Or how about there have been numerous times where someone could text a certain character to an iPhone user and crash their phone and nothing the iPhone user could do about it. It could be just annoying or render the phone completely unusable.
Jul 16, 2013
444 posts
135 upvotes
I had iPhone's. I am using P20 now. I love it. Though I do agree that iPhone handles ur data more securely. It is not Huawei doesn't handle your data securely. It is android doesn't handle it as good as iPhone.
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
270 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:40 pm
Tell that to all the celebrities who have had their personal xxx photos hacked and leaked for all the world to see.

Or how about there have been numerous times where someone could text a certain character to an iPhone user and crash their phone and nothing the iPhone user could do about it. It could be just annoying or render the phone completely unusable.
Cool story.
How were their photos hacked? Not because of apple. Because of joining unsafe wifi or weak password.
Most simpleton criminals can't hack an iPhone
Sep 2, 2017
251 posts
246 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey OP!

I think what it's really going to come down to is personal preference. As they are both great phones.

If you don't want to spend too much money and also if you have a google home or 2 (or any other google/android products) I would go for the Huwaei P30. Sure, Huwaei's fate is a little up in the air right now with android. But damn they make some damn good phones (the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is one of my favorite android phones). Also for fate wise, it's only the yet to be released Huawei phones that you would have to be worried about. So you would be more than fine with the P30. Also are you pretty set on Huwaei? If not the Google Pixel phones could be another one to look at.

However if spending the extra money isn't a big deal for you and if you're looking for more security and longevity I would then go for the iPhone XR. Apple still has plans to support the iPhone 6S and iPhone SE on their next major iOS update so I can see the XR being supported for quite sometime. Also if you have anything Apple related your iPhone will work pretty good with it as well. Another thing to point out is Apple comes out with their new phones in September usually. So if you were to lean toward an iPhone more I would almost wait until then because the XR will then fall down in price (that's if you aren't looking for a phone asap of course).
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
425 posts
64 upvotes
BC
Jaylay14 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:46 am
Hey OP!

I think what it's really going to come down to is personal preference. As they are both great phones.

If you don't want to spend too much money and also if you have a google home or 2 (or any other google/android products) I would go for the Huwaei P30. Sure, Huwaei's fate is a little up in the air right now with android. But damn they make some damn good phones (the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is one of my favorite android phones). Also for fate wise, it's only the yet to be released Huawei phones that you would have to be worried about. So you would be more than fine with the P30. Also are you pretty set on Huwaei? If not the Google Pixel phones could be another one to look at.

However if spending the extra money isn't a big deal for you and if you're looking for more security and longevity I would then go for the iPhone XR. Apple still has plans to support the iPhone 6S and iPhone SE on their next major iOS update so I can see the XR being supported for quite sometime. Also if you have anything Apple related your iPhone will work pretty good with it as well. Another thing to point out is Apple comes out with their new phones in September usually. So if you were to lean toward an iPhone more I would almost wait until then because the XR will then fall down in price (that's if you aren't looking for a phone asap of course).
Thanks for the response! My iPhone SE currently has that "ghost" glitch and will open up any apps or its as if I am typing things when I am not. I have tried taking the screen protector off, the case off, a hard reset and then a full factory reset and it's still doing it. So I assume its something to do with the screen/edges of the phone. So I think I would need to get a new phone.

Also looking at the Samsun A70 for a cheaper phone but better specs. Thanks for all the input.
Aug 11, 2018
204 posts
205 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:40 pm

getting hacked and guessing someones password are 2 different things. dont be an idiot and your data is safe.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
425 posts
64 upvotes
BC
Say I go for the Huawei P30 phone. It's currently at: pay $270 and be on a tab small phone plan of $55 for 4GB of data/month + $10 for 24 months to pay off the remaining portion of the phone. So in total it would be $510; $270 upfront and $240 remaining on a tab. Can I pay off the remaining phone tab within the same month of activating the phone and then go back to the Public Mobile $38 5GB data plan?
Apr 17, 2014
876 posts
323 upvotes
Corunna, ON
You can cancel next day and they send you a bill for the tab and one day of service. Don't "go back" to public, just not leave. Don't port just cancel Kodoo
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16452 posts
6388 upvotes
Oakville
Yup. No need to even wait till the next day. Cancel on the drive home from the Koodo shop if ya want (or if you order online to save the activation fee, cancel the day the phone arrives).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient