• Jan 19th, 2023 6:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10150 posts
4424 upvotes
Vaughan

HVAC recommendation in GTA

Looking for furnace/AC recommendation products and installer in York region.

Want to maximize government rebate, is Enercare worth it?
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13227 posts
4835 upvotes
Ontario
Why not reach out to the RFD Resident HVAC @newlyborn his company is - Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning. You can find reviews here from other RFD users - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-fur ... 322131/25/

Enercare is never worth it, overpriced and if you rent they lock you in for many years so you pay double or triple.
teoconca wrote: Looking for furnace/AC recommendation products and installer in York region.

Want to maximize government rebate, is Enercare worth it?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10150 posts
4424 upvotes
Vaughan
sickcars wrote: Why not reach out to the RFD Resident HVAC @newlyborn his company is - Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning. You can find reviews here from other RFD users - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-fur ... 322131/25/

Enercare is never worth it, overpriced and if you rent they lock you in for many years so you pay double or triple.
Thanks for your recommendation.

How about hybrid? Is it worth it? Do we get any rebate now?

Messaged him!
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13227 posts
4835 upvotes
Ontario
No problem,

I'm not sure which rebates are available now but I think generally for reliability personally I would stick to a regular Furnace/AC they are tried tested and true. You can expect them to last many years. Where the newer hybrid options are newer and have no proven themselves IMO also parts may be an issue too. With a regular furnace if it breaks down there is a good chance the HVAC company can go to their supplier and get you up and running same day.

Either way best to talk to @newlyborn about it so he can provide you info based on his years of experience.
teoconca wrote: Thanks for your recommendation.

Messaged him!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10150 posts
4424 upvotes
Vaughan
sickcars wrote: No problem,

I'm not sure which rebates are available now but I think generally for reliability personally I would stick to a regular Furnace/AC they are tried tested and true. You can expect them to last many years. Where the newer hybrid options are newer and have no proven themselves IMO also parts may be an issue too. With a regular furnace if it breaks down there is a good chance the HVAC company can go to their supplier and get you up and running same day.

Either way best to talk to @newlyborn about it so he can provide you info based on his years of experience.
Agree.

Ash already replied.
Last edited by teoconca on Jan 20th, 2023 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 14, 2009
426 posts
497 upvotes
Vaughan
reach out to @newlyborn
Myself and numerous friends have used him with great results.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10150 posts
4424 upvotes
Vaughan
coffeeguy wrote: reach out to @newlyborn
Myself and numerous friends have used him with great results.
Thanks for your recommendation!

Contacted Ash, we will schedule for his visit.

Thanks everyone!
Feb 25, 2015
750 posts
267 upvotes
KW
teoconca wrote: Thanks for your recommendation.

Messaged him!
Depending on your hvac size/setup and location a hybrid system might be much better value.

For example, I'm putting in a standard gas furnace and heat pump. The heat pump will provide the cooling for my house and heat down to a set temperature. Below the set temperature the gas furnace will supply heat. My setup also qualifies for Enbridge rebate of $6500. So in the end I'm paying close to half the cost of a traditional furnace and AC. I will also have a more efficient (higher seer) hp and burn less fossil fuels and the HP will be much more quiet in my backyard.

Lots of post on RFD regarding this type of rebate setup.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10424 posts
11100 upvotes
Toronto
I help organize a very successful central AC group buy here every year, if you want to take a look. Good luck brother.

Central AC Group Buys