Expired Hot Deals

Hydro-Quebec: Upgrade Fridge Offer (QC Only)...

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2015 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13275 posts
170156 upvotes
Montreal

Hydro-Quebec: Upgrade Fridge Offer (QC Only)...

Expiry:
December 31, 2015
Hi there,

For those who has a old fridge (14 years and over), in working order and within the low-income bracket, there is a program by Hydro-Quebec to upgrade to a new more efficient fridge for $75 to $120 (depending on size).

There are tons of conditions though...

http://www.hydroquebec.com/residential/ ... ouseholds/

Ju Leon...
16 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1554 posts
2161 upvotes
So if you live alone you need to make less than 19k a year?
What a joke. No one who makes 19k a year can afford a new $1000+ fridge, even with $120 off.
Apr 13, 2017
171 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
RaphaelG041 wrote: So if you live alone you need to make less than 19k a year?
What a joke. No one who makes 19k a year can afford a new $1000+ fridge, even with $120 off.
It's not 120$ off... it's FOR 120$
Sep 6, 2011
274 posts
298 upvotes
La Malbaie
It's a great program for those who can't afford a new energy efficient fridge, they end up saving money on their electricity bill. When you're eligible for such program, you need those dollars you can save. One of my older employee working part time benefited from the program two or three years ago, she was able to get a brand new fridge for 70$ or 75$ if I recall correctly.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1554 posts
2161 upvotes
RobertL059 wrote: It's not 120$ off... it's FOR 120$

Oh my bad. Pretty good deal then for those who qualify.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
It's for people on welfare or something 37000 for 4 persons in house.. you have to be unemployed to be under that. Both tenants working at minimum wage is over that..
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Aug 27, 2014
48 posts
28 upvotes
Westmount, QC
If I understand they look for the household income from the last year? Might work for me.
Sep 3, 2007
323 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
ricerockets wrote: If I understand they look for the household income from the last year? Might work for me.
...and living in Westmount? Something seems a little off here....
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
JEST3R wrote: ...and living in Westmount? Something seems a little off here....
The southern border of Westmount is the north side of St-Antoine street which is across from St-Henri. Plus the area south of Dorchester (Réne-Levesque in Montreal) is called Westmount Ghetto.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
JEST3R wrote: ...and living in Westmount? Something seems a little off here....
+1 was thinking the same lol
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Dec 10, 2013
96 posts
24 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
herrdude wrote: The southern border of Westmount is the north side of St-Antoine street which is across from St-Henri. Plus the area south of Dorchester (Réne-Levesque in Montreal) is called Westmount Ghetto.
"Ghetto"

Those areas are pretty gentrified
May 6, 2014
125 posts
91 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres, QC
looks like it should work for students
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
fromage1 wrote: "Ghetto"

It is considered the ghetto of Westmount (house prices across the board are lower than the rest of the Westmount). I never said it was an actual ghetto.

PS Just because someone lives in Westmount does not mean they are loaded, which seems to be what people are suggesting here.
Sep 3, 2007
323 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
herrdude wrote: It is considered the ghetto of Westmount (house prices across the board are lower than the rest of the Westmount). I never said it was an actual ghetto.

PS Just because someone lives in Westmount does not mean they are loaded, which seems to be what people are suggesting here.
I'm merely suggesting that the odds of the family income of anyone living in Westmount being less that $19k is highly unlikely. That's what I'm suggesting, we're a little way off from the implication of being "loaded".
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
I agree with you that it is unlikely, but not impossible.

Have you seen the places on St-Antoine street? Not to speak of all the bachelor's and studios for rent in Lower Westmount or the low rental units south of Ste-Catherine's (near Westmount High).
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
If it's anything like the econologis program, don't bother. The guys did a botched job and our front door couldn't close for months before they fixed it and we are still waiting for the new thermostats (had the visit in oct).
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Oct 29, 2007
271 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
fromage1 wrote: "Ghetto"

Have you seen the prices lately . A 3 unit building I looked at 10 years ago for 100k is now worth 500k. Mind you it`s still 1/4 the price of Toronto.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)