Expired Hot Deals

[Hyperxgaming.ca] Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headset, $288 CDN all-in

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 8:10 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 13, 2013
171 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto

Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headset, $288 CDN all-in

Deal Link:
Price:
$299/15%
Retailer:
Hyperxgaming.ca
Hey all, hopefully not a repost, sry if posted previously... a lot of Hyperx gaming accessories on sale at the website... did a quick peek, thought there were some decent sales, cross-referenced a bit with other sites, found the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S to be interesting .. found a cheaper price at amazon.com at around $200 USD but it was a renewed model... being my 1st time at the Canadian site I signed up and got an additional 15% off > with taxes, etc it came out to $288 CDN all-in, nearly what the renewed model would have cost... saw another at amazon.ca but it was used model as well, classified as acceptable, but when putting it in the cart the model was the wired version as opposed to the wireless version... NE-way if it's your 1st visit there and can use the extra $44 off this seems a good value... decent reviews on the model helped as well...

> https://hyperxgaming.ca/collections/gam ... ng-headset
17 replies
Newbie
Apr 16, 2019
18 posts
10 upvotes
You can use LACHY for 20% off. During bf and boxing day it was the same price with a similar 20% code available, i bought it at 240 before tax and returned the order from Amazon.
Member
Jun 9, 2019
379 posts
461 upvotes
TongZ48662 wrote: You can use LACHY for 20% off. During bf and boxing day it was the same price with a similar 20% code available, i bought it at 240 before tax and returned the order from Amazon.
What's your take on the headphones? Do you like them for just gaming or do they hold up well in other uses? How about compared to others (eg. HD6xx or PC37x)?
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
122 posts
87 upvotes
Oomani wrote: What's your take on the headphones? Do you like them for just gaming or do they hold up well in other uses? How about compared to others (eg. HD6xx or PC37x)?
I would like to hear this as well, as the specs say this has a 10 hour battery life o.o
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2016 posts
706 upvotes
Montréal, QC
renovision wrote: Hey all, hopefully not a repost, sry if posted previously... a lot of Hyperx gaming accessories on sale at the website... did a quick peek, thought there were some decent sales, cross-referenced a bit with other sites, found the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S to be interesting .. found a cheaper price at amazon.com at around $200 USD but it was a renewed model... being my 1st time at the Canadian site I signed up and got an additional 15% off > with taxes, etc it came out to $288 CDN all-in, nearly what the renewed model would have cost... saw another at amazon.ca but it was used model as well, classified as acceptable, but when putting it in the cart the model was the wired version as opposed to the wireless version... NE-way if it's your 1st visit there and can use the extra $44 off this seems a good value... decent reviews on the model helped as well...

> https://hyperxgaming.ca/collections/gam ... ng-headset
Are you sure they make a wireless version?
There is no mention nowhere that it is wireless.
Member
Jun 9, 2019
379 posts
461 upvotes
Clee wrote: Are you sure they make a wireless version?
There is no mention nowhere that it is wireless.
Product specs says 10h battery life.
Newbie
Apr 16, 2019
18 posts
10 upvotes
According to a well-known headphone reviewer LifelongCaboose from reddit, Audeze Mobius is the best gaming headphone under $500USD hands down. Orbit S is a "poverty" version of Mobius, just without Bluetooth feature nor Mobius software updates. In my perspective of view, overall quality is on top of the roof, very detailed, clear microphone, other nice features include head tracking, 7.1 surround sound (not virtual), Hi-Fi mode, comfortable, not as cramped as my previous headphone Strix 7.1. The biggest pros is the sound quality, the biggest cons is lacking of wireless option. But I am happy with only paying 1/3 of the price to get a Mobius "wired version".
To your question, I am playing FPS games as well as listening to Hi-Fi music, so this headphone suits me perfectly. Your listed comparison are open-back headphones, which provide different kind of sound outputs. For more information you can just google open-back and closed-back, and also you can follow LifelongCaboose on reddit to learn more about headphones.
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
122 posts
87 upvotes
Oomani wrote: Product specs says 10h battery life.
It says: Battery life
Analog 3.5mm mode: 10 hours**

So I am now wondering if that's for 7.1 sound or something when using analog input...
Newbie
Jul 3, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
The wireless version is the original Audeze. These are wired.

The weird thing is that they have a battery inside despite being only wired. The battery also depletes when it's being used (even if it's plugged in).
Newbie
Apr 16, 2019
18 posts
10 upvotes
It is not a wireless headphone. The battery is only for supporting the Planar magnetic drivers.
Newbie
Apr 16, 2019
18 posts
10 upvotes
Dannyboy3210 wrote: It says: Battery life
Analog 3.5mm mode: 10 hours**

So I am now wondering if that's for 7.1 sound or something when using analog input...
One more thing I forget to mention, in my opinion it is not very convenient to use the headphone to listen to music/watch video from your phone. By using 3.5mm analog input, it won't support 7.1 surrounding sound nor Hi-Fi mode, only 2 channel mode available. You will have to use usb-type C to connect to your phone if you want those features on, then that takes away the charging spot :(.
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
122 posts
87 upvotes
TongZ48662 wrote: One more thing I forget to mention, in my opinion it is not very convenient to use the headphone to listen to music/watch video from your phone. By using 3.5mm analog input, it won't support 7.1 surrounding sound nor Hi-Fi mode, only 2 channel mode available. You will have to use usb-type C to connect to your phone if you want those features on, then that takes away the charging spot :(.
Bleh, I will keep my eyes on the Cloud 2 Wireless then, sadly both my phone and tablet don't have AUX connections =[
(Edit: Cloud 2 Wireless specifically for comfort, as I own a wired pair and they are decent on my ears/head after a few hours in terms of comfort)
Newbie
Apr 16, 2019
18 posts
10 upvotes
Dannyboy3210 wrote: Bleh, I will keep my eyes on the Cloud 2 Wireless then, sadly both my phone and tablet don't have AUX connections =[
(Edit: Cloud 2 Wireless specifically for comfort, as I own a wired pair and they are decent on my ears/head after a few hours in terms of comfort)
Not a bad idea. To be frank Orbit is for a more hard-core player/audiophile, you have to endure a lot of inconvenience to enjoy all the other features from it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2016 posts
706 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Oomani wrote: Product specs says 10h battery life.
Does battery means wireless?
I have a pair of Bose QC15, it requires batteries, but it's not wireless.
Member
Oct 1, 2017
278 posts
404 upvotes
Clee wrote: Does battery means wireless?
I have a pair of Bose QC15, it requires batteries, but it's not wireless.
No. The battery is to power the internal DAC/Amp when in 3.5mm mode.

These sound great (I had them for a while), but overall I’d probably rather buy the Audeze Mobius on sale, they are essentially the same headphones but wireless and have better support.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton, AB
I switched to this headset a few months ago from 5 or 6 year old Sennheiser Game Ones. The thing I noticed at first was greater clarity in whatever I was listening to, especially voices. I'm hearing things I didn't before in games and music. I don't use the 3D software but it was interesting to play around with. I do not use 7.1 with these.

As others have stated, they list a battery life but these should basically be treated as wired headphones. You can use them with an aux cord which does draw on the battery but they lose audio modes when doing so.

The microphone took some getting used to in the beginning as it has some degree of feedback turned on permanently. I googled for a few hours trying to find solutions but it is something that you just get used to over time. For a headset mic, I'd say the voice quality is good.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2016 posts
706 upvotes
Montréal, QC
zobblplatz wrote: No. The battery is to power the internal DAC/Amp when in 3.5mm mode.

These sound great (I had them for a while), but overall I’d probably rather buy the Audeze Mobius on sale, they are essentially the same headphones but wireless and have better support.
Interesting. But it looks like the Mobius is only wireless to your phone Bluetooth, it's still wired to the PC.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 13, 2013
171 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
well, great info everyone... I guess value is important, I agree that the Audeze Mobius is better but considering the pricing options are few and far between, I couldn't find many deals, a couple just under $400, with taxes, well over $400 making it app $150-ish more expensive... it also has some issues, re: no built-in bluetooth for example, to get that you need to buy an expensive dongle... another 'riskier potential option' is the SteelSeries Artis Pro Wireless > usually around $400 cdn but via amazon warehouse deals they have several at $240 cdn to $260-ish then higher > check the used link > https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079YBKT3H?tag ... uage=en_CA

sitting on the fence with these...

also like the Logitech Pro X Wireless, good reviews, much lower price >> https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/product ... 00906.html

Top