Automotive

Hyundai Elantra GT - Buying used 1 year old, part of rental fleet

[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
195 posts
116 upvotes

Hyundai Elantra GT - Buying used 1 year old, part of rental fleet

Looking to potentially purchased a Hyundai Elantra GT.

Was looking to purchase new however it seems like Hyundai never has cash incentives for this model.

Tucson has $4000 off cash and the GT has 0$ incentive...

After browsing autotrader it seems that there is a few 2018 models that were previous daily rentals with around 30-50,000 KMS.

Has anyone had experience purchasing a vehicle used a daily rental?
Does Hyundai factory warranty still apply?
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11353 posts
5779 upvotes
Toronto
Mikenello wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:03 am
Looking to potentially purchased a Hyundai Elantra GT.

Was looking to purchase new however it seems like Hyundai never has cash incentives for this model.

Tucson has $4000 off cash and the GT has 0$ incentive...

After browsing autotrader it seems that there is a few 2018 models that were previous daily rentals with around 30-50,000 KMS.

Has anyone had experience purchasing a vehicle used a daily rental?
Does Hyundai factory warranty still apply?
Yes factory warranty still applies. Rental or not, the vehicle is used so do your own research before you buy.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2386 posts
349 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
koffey wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:52 am
Yes factory warranty still applies. Rental or not, the vehicle is used so do your own research before you buy.
Are you sure the warranty still applies? Usually when vehicles are commercially used,. The factory warranty is voided
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
4170 posts
1808 upvotes
Toronto
bargain man wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:35 am
Are you sure the warranty still applies? Usually when vehicles are commercially used,. The factory warranty is voided
Is your thought because everyone knows including the manufacturer that rental cars gets beat on because it's a rental.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
195 posts
116 upvotes
bargain man wrote:
That's what i'm thinking.

I really don't mind purchasing a previous daily rental aslong as it comes with a factory warranty.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11353 posts
5779 upvotes
Toronto
bargain man wrote:
I purchased a commercially used truck. Warranty was not void. How would this even be possible? There's plenty of shops out there that make a business out of selling rentals. Besides, you can easily call up any dealer with the VIN and determine it's warranty status as well. Which should always be done to anyways to validate the warranty start period.

Resale will be killed tho.
Mikenello wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:44 am
That's what i'm thinking.

I really don't mind purchasing a previous daily rental aslong as it comes with a factory warranty.
If that is your only concern, you could have easily got the vin and verified yourself instead of waiting for a response, getting it and than questioning it. Holy smokes. Is it so difficult these days to pick up the phone to ask a question to the source instead of creating a thread and getting mixed advice and having no clue still on what the right answer is....
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1087 posts
253 upvotes
Hyundai and Kia are one of the only brands I would consider buying an ex rental because the factory warranty applies upto 100k km.

Call Hyundai or Kia corporate yourself with the VIN to verify if you are unsure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)