Automotive

Hyundai Elantra new car - 12 months Service#2 cost?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 1:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1850 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto

Hyundai Elantra new car - 12 months Service#2 cost?

Anyone who has done Service#2 (12 months) for Elantra new car at dealership or local mechanic?

How much should it cost or did it cost you? Main service besides oil change and air filter is inspection.

Thanks...
13 replies
Oct 4, 2010
847 posts
471 upvotes
Surrey
Can't you just go to different Hyundai dealership service websites and plug in service 2 for your car to see the pricing? i know not all dealerships will show the price, but some do....

you can join this guy to discuss if you are targeting to minimize the service.
car-service-dealer-auto-shop-2387764/
Oct 25, 2017
981 posts
1008 upvotes
matrixfwd wrote: Can't you just go to different Hyundai dealership service websites and plug in service 2 for your car to see the pricing? i know not all dealerships will show the price, but some do....

you can join this guy to discuss if you are targeting to minimize the service.
car-service-dealer-auto-shop-2387764/
To add to this, In my experience they all charge slightly different prices for the same thing.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
It is basically an oil change and filter change, just go to a local licensed mechanic.
Price varies from $50-$80.

Dealership will sure cost you over $100.

Just ask the mechanic to give you a receipt/invoice, showing the mileage, date and what was done, for future warranty purpose in case you need it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1850 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks all! I went to their websites and that helped!

I got quoted $350 and I believe it includes brake service from - it should just be air cabin filter plus service 2. Not sure why I was suggested with that especially still very low mileage driven so far (< 6K)
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
177 upvotes
Burlington
I would locate a mechanic.. you can ask them to check these things for you during oil and tire change.. they generally don't charge anything to do those extra things.
My best guess is $70 for oil change (full synthetic) and $20 for tires.. give or take .

Mind you, some dealership could charge slightly more than mechanics as their overhead is higher but want to stay competitive
Aug 3, 2017
981 posts
763 upvotes
I have a ‘17 Elantra and have been in a constant “battle” with the dealer when I go for service. Car will be 4 years old in September. There is no way I’m paying ~$300 for a brake inspection on a car that I could probably do a full brake job on for not much more. Rightly or wrongly I turn down most service aside from an oil change and periodic cabin filter replacement.

I’m know this doesn’t answer the original question, but so guess my answer is “too much” and I opted at that point for just an oil change.
Oct 4, 2010
847 posts
471 upvotes
Surrey
it's not a just a brake inspection where technician looks and measures your pads. it's a brake service, where they take it apart, clean, lube etc. However with just 6000 km and 12 months it's kind of early to do that. I think brake service was needed for Service 3, check again. or check your manual it will have the requirements.

OP you can skip the cabin air filter too, DIY it. I no longer have a Hyundai but what i hated most was their 6000 km interval service requirements...
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24384 posts
33393 upvotes
Toronto
engine and cabin air filters are super easy , DIY jobs. Look up tutorial on YouTube and save yourself some $
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2015
1791 posts
1359 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I don't think the car will even need an oil change at 6k. Stealership will do absolutely nothing. Will keep the car parked for 4 hours and charge you almost $400 including recycling fees...
Your car is practically brand new.
Jan 31, 2009
43 posts
51 upvotes
GTA
I've got a 20 GT, 7k on it, dealer quoted me $185 for the 6 month service. Popped over to Mr Lube and paid $59.00. Just keep your receipts.
Hiding in a corner waiting to see what's next..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1850 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks all! Quick update so ended up going to dealership and given super low mileage - only charges oil change. So that’s good.
Oct 4, 2010
847 posts
471 upvotes
Surrey
You could have just stuck with the dealership and did the oil change only. It would have been more or less the same rather than downgrading and risking the car with Mr Lube rookies.

Pray that they used the right oil. I heard hyundai has used the non OEM oil filter as excuse to deny warranty.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
azybcxrfd wrote: Thanks all! Quick update so ended up going to dealership and given super low mileage - only charges oil change. So that’s good.
How much was it?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015