Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai & Kia free map updates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 4:10 pm
May 27, 2007
131 posts
73 upvotes
British Columbia
Updated my 2016 Tucson - took about 30 minutes with car idling. I have both US and Canada maps and looks like the main software has been upgraded as well since i see reference to Android Auto which I didn't have before.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3885 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I updated my 2019 after arriving home from a drive, with the engine off and acc on.

I don't think a map system software update is going to work on a non-nav system. what is it going to update?
Oct 31, 2003
120 posts
9 upvotes
rilles wrote: I updated my 2019 after arriving home from a drive, with the engine off and acc on.

I don't think a map system software update is going to work on a non-nav system. what is it going to update?
The head unit software and firmware updates as well.
Sep 5, 2005
883 posts
1543 upvotes
Victoria
LunaticCalm wrote: Sonata 2017 2.0t here. Samsung Note 8. I'm having constant disconnects using AA. I just ordered a usb 3.1 high quality anker cable 0.9m from amazon that is "compatible" with my phone. Tried all the solutions I found online except the cable.
I had similar issues in my 2016 Kia Soul. It would often disconnect after about 20 minutes. The update fixed that for me.
Apr 6, 2012
194 posts
73 upvotes
I was able to update santa fe while driving to work. Took about 25 mins.
Sep 12, 2003
587 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a list of vehicle for KIA?
Heatware: TheOneBarton
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1399 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
Muns59 wrote: Hey guys . So I have a 2017 Tucson . Update worked great . I bought a 32gb SD card as the OEM card was 16GB.
However my original maps was for both USA and Canada.
Now it’s just for Canada .
I still have the original SD card and will save it in case .
Any body able to load both ?
hssironman wrote: That would suck if true. I'm going to be updating tonight and will report back.

... Then again, when's the next time we'll be driving over the boarder, amirite? Face Savouring Delicious Food
Did my updates (2016 Elantra GT and 2017 Santa Fe XL). Took about 25min. Lots of system restarts and sometimes the progress bar appears to stall for long periods of time. Left the engines running in idle. Otherwise, pretty painless process. I was able to enter US addresses and start navigation, so it seems I still have US and Canada maps. Thanks Hyundai!
Feb 2, 2007
198 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: 64GB isn't supported neither because they use FAT32 which is 32GB max.
Incorrect. I have a 128 gig fat32 sd card. windows cant format it but there are free alternatives
Nov 20, 2016
119 posts
17 upvotes
hssironman wrote: Did my updates (2016 Elantra GT and 2017 Santa Fe XL). Took about 25min. Lots of system restarts and sometimes the progress bar appears to stall for long periods of time. Left the engines running in idle. Otherwise, pretty painless process. I was able to enter US addresses and start navigation, so it seems I still have US and Canada maps. Thanks Hyundai!
Yes you are correct . I got it to work . Has an option to change the province to a USA state .
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1906 posts
1227 upvotes
Ottawa
akmeikle wrote: Incorrect. I have a 128 gig fat32 sd card. windows cant format it but there are free alternatives
What did you use? Rufus?
Feb 11, 2019
43 posts
14 upvotes
davvos wrote: Updated my 2016 Tucson - took about 30 minutes with car idling. I have both US and Canada maps and looks like the main software has been upgraded as well since i see reference to Android Auto which I didn't have before.
Can you use android auto in your Tucson now?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)