Hyundai

Hyundai & Kia free map updates

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2021 5:21 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3431 posts
886 upvotes
So, it looks like if your vehicle is not listed for free download... you can still purchase is for $30 + shipping.

see attached image.

YIKES!!!!! Shipping kils that $30...
CAD$37.34 Ground Fedex
CAD$61.11 International Economy Fedex
still, it's not like $200 before... now it makes me wonder why I can't download the older models...
Images
  • car1.JPG
  • car2.JPG
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Dec 2, 2019
298 posts
682 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote: I probably need to get a new microSD card to install this update as I have a 2015 Sonata.

Can someone confirm if I can use a 64GB one or does it need to be 32GB?
Just so you know that my car has SDHC card (and not microSD card). Even though you can use microSD with adapter, if you are going to buy a new card, I would suggest to buy the SDXC (the one with which you don't need to use an adapter for your car) even if it cost few $$ extra.

Btw, I got the error message for my 128GB card, let me know if you happen to use any card other than 32 GB one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9911 posts
2381 upvotes
Edmonton
CrazyJo82 wrote: So, it looks like if your vehicle is not listed for free download... you can still purchase is for $30 + shipping.

see attached image.

YIKES!!!!! Shipping kils that $30...

still, it's not like $200 before... now it makes me wonder why I can't download the older models...
Was just about to pay the $30 until I also ran into that shipping quote. Ridiculous it costs so much, Google maps still for me
Feb 8, 2012
183 posts
112 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks. updated my 2017 santa fe. Firmware seemed to have updated too.
Dec 11, 2017
145 posts
55 upvotes
GTA, ON
beaugeo wrote: Thanks. updated my 2017 santa fe. Firmware seemed to have updated too.
I have the same car..... Did you have to use a new 32 GB card and used that for the update ?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2150 posts
1546 upvotes
Ottawa
Ziggy007 wrote:
I probably need to get a new microSD card to install this update as I have a 2015 Sonata.

Can someone confirm if I can use a 64GB one or does it need to be 32GB?
SindbadRFD wrote: Just so you know that my car has SDHC card (and not microSD card). Even though you can use microSD with adapter, if you are going to buy a new card, I would suggest to buy the SDXC (the one with which you don't need to use an adapter for your car) even if it cost few $$ extra.

Btw, I got the error message for my 128GB card, let me know if you happen to use any card other than 32 GB one.

64GB isn't supported neither because they use FAT32 which is 32GB max.

For it to work, you have to reduce the card's size.

If you are using Windows,
Go to Disk Management
Select your SD card drive (be careful, make sure to select the right one)
Right click on the active volume (blue) and select Delete Volume > Then, select the empty volume and click on New Simple Volume > Next > Set the size to 32GB or less in MB (I entered 30,720MB for 30GB) > Next > Next > Select the FAT32 as file system (give the card a name if you want to) > Next > Done
I was wrong, see posts below

Make sure to back up your data or else you'll lose it
Last edited by NoCountry4RFDer on Sep 30th, 2020 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jul 10, 2019
159 posts
323 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't know anyone still used the default maps. Google's maps is miles ahead of the built in maps. Although the visuals for highway exits were pretty neat!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2150 posts
1546 upvotes
Ottawa
RSmith2 wrote: I didn't know anyone still used the default maps. Google's maps is miles ahead of the built in maps. Although the visuals for highway exits were pretty neat!
I use Google maps but when I forget the USB cable or don't feel taking the phone out of my pocket, I use the built in nav

Talking about Android Auto, does anyone have the issue where the phone disconnects and the radio keeps failing to reconnect? Any solution for the disconnect and failure to reconnect?
Apr 3, 2007
154 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
kennaley wrote: I doubt it. Even google map is still showing wrong speed limit for roads that changed speed limit in Scarborough.
I'm sure Waze was showing Max 50km/h up Vic Park and Steeles east of there, while Huyndai maps showed 60km/h, which is now good 18 months too old and illegal.
Jan 19, 2017
251 posts
86 upvotes
CrazyJo82 wrote: Oooo... so close... I have 2014 Kia Optima Turbo... but i can do the 2016 Sonata!

upvoted
So you updated your 2014 Optima Turbo with the 2016 Sonata firmware and map?
Oct 2, 2019
547 posts
422 upvotes
How much is an ioniq electric out the door in gta?
[OP]
Jun 9, 2008
113 posts
280 upvotes
ontario
k847848 wrote: How much is an ioniq electric out the door in gta?
When I bought mine in early 2017 it was $26,000. Too bad the $14,000 rebate is now canceled.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2486 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op updated
Took me around 2 hrs overall
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2937 posts
2228 upvotes
Smart move, I have to admit.

Nobody uses the onboard NAV anymore, so they are not making money on the updates. On the other side it positions them as a company that cares about its clients.

Smart marketing move...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jan 18, 2009
142 posts
78 upvotes
Leask
I don't know if any of you have HD radio but after doing the update I can no longer receive HD weather, HD traffic or HD radar I have a 2018 KIA Sportage. I have been in touch with MNsoft and they do not know what the problem is.