Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hyundai

Hyundai & Kia free map updates

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2021 12:44 pm
Sep 12, 2003
658 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a list of vehicle for KIA?
Heatware: TheOneBarton
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1656 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Muns59 wrote: Hey guys . So I have a 2017 Tucson . Update worked great . I bought a 32gb SD card as the OEM card was 16GB.
However my original maps was for both USA and Canada.
Now it’s just for Canada .
I still have the original SD card and will save it in case .
Any body able to load both ?
hssironman wrote: That would suck if true. I'm going to be updating tonight and will report back.

... Then again, when's the next time we'll be driving over the boarder, amirite? Face Savouring Delicious Food
Did my updates (2016 Elantra GT and 2017 Santa Fe XL). Took about 25min. Lots of system restarts and sometimes the progress bar appears to stall for long periods of time. Left the engines running in idle. Otherwise, pretty painless process. I was able to enter US addresses and start navigation, so it seems I still have US and Canada maps. Thanks Hyundai!
Feb 2, 2007
199 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: 64GB isn't supported neither because they use FAT32 which is 32GB max.
Incorrect. I have a 128 gig fat32 sd card. windows cant format it but there are free alternatives
Nov 20, 2016
210 posts
48 upvotes
hssironman wrote: Did my updates (2016 Elantra GT and 2017 Santa Fe XL). Took about 25min. Lots of system restarts and sometimes the progress bar appears to stall for long periods of time. Left the engines running in idle. Otherwise, pretty painless process. I was able to enter US addresses and start navigation, so it seems I still have US and Canada maps. Thanks Hyundai!
Yes you are correct . I got it to work . Has an option to change the province to a USA state .
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2383 posts
2033 upvotes
Ottawa
akmeikle wrote: Incorrect. I have a 128 gig fat32 sd card. windows cant format it but there are free alternatives
What did you use? Rufus?
Feb 11, 2019
121 posts
89 upvotes
davvos wrote: Updated my 2016 Tucson - took about 30 minutes with car idling. I have both US and Canada maps and looks like the main software has been upgraded as well since i see reference to Android Auto which I didn't have before.
Can you use android auto in your Tucson now?
May 27, 2007
281 posts
172 upvotes
AndrewL69899 wrote: Can you use android auto in your Tucson now?
yes, I have Android Auto now with the GPS map update so that's a bonus (once I figure out how to use it).
Mar 4, 2006
442 posts
498 upvotes
davvos wrote: yes, I have Android Auto now with the GPS map update so that's a bonus (once I figure out how to use it).
Getting android auto on cars that did not previously have android would be scorching hot!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1406 posts
1906 upvotes
Carp
dyalect wrote: Do you need a nav system? I don't see anything on my 2019 Tuscon. Any one have a how to guide on where to find sd slot.
rylake wrote: Haven't seen in this thread if anyone updated their non-nav system with this update. Has anyone does this? 2020 Tucson specifically.
I'd also like to know if it works with the non-nav system they call "UVO" on a 2016 Sorento. Getting Android Auto would be sweet!
Jun 6, 2013
84 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a 2015 Sonata, will not work as the unit firmware is not listed. Anyway to update the FW? currently it is ST.LF.CAN.E451.140905
Aug 21, 2013
281 posts
220 upvotes
I put this on my Optima. Apple Carplay was working fine the first time, but now whenever I connect the screen is frozen at the app selection screen, can't scroll or select anything (i.e. Maps, Phone).

Tried turning the car off and on and same deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3975 posts
1272 upvotes
Updates my 2016 Sonata... took about 25min or so.

All the history was kept... Map colour scheme changed, some new option in menu. I did noticed it was slow to load. Will test it out a few more times and see. So far so good.

Have not tested the android auto but might not use the feature...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40/6gb, unlimited NA plan (roaming included)
Nov 17, 2019
50 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal
i did the update on my tucson 2018, with usb card and the sdcard is already 32gb so everything went fine but lost navigation, i reboot the head unit, reinstall the update and still no maps it's says update nav system.
Nov 30, 2013
357 posts
351 upvotes
NB
djredhat wrote: As if Tesla build quality is better than the “shitty Korean car”...

And are you referring to the one with the crippled 100km range battery that you can even order lol?
The only thing I don't like about my $h!ty Korean car is that it wont die. I have had 5 Dodge Caravans from the 80's and bought a Soul in '11 when the kids started moving on. There is over 400,000KMS on it now and no hint of stopping. When it does I am getting another Soul but electric.
Last edited by daviddavieboy on Oct 4th, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
Howitzer1 wrote: I'd also like to know if it works with the non-nav system they call "UVO" on a 2016 Sorento. Getting Android Auto would be sweet!
You need a unit with an SD card to update. Nav only.