[Hyundai] Hyundai & Kia free map updates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 4:10 pm
Mar 4, 2006
195 posts
212 upvotes
Muns59 wrote: Nice !
Maybe it’s the software version ?
Mine is a 2017 Tuscon and was general type 4 .
They were higher ones like premium
Not sure by my map version went from:
NAM. 10.47.43.712.006.2
To
NAM. 13.47.44.680.001.3

SW version:
ST. NC2. CAN. E530. 170612
To
ST.NC2.CAN.E535.200318
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2033 posts
936 upvotes
Ontario
Totally off topic, I am considering buying a new SUV, debating between Highlander and Santa Fe, with many Hyundai owners posting here, anybody would care to comment or point me to an existing thread on this subject? PM will work too. TIA
Last edited by Headbeancounter on Sep 29th, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2066 posts
1894 upvotes
Whitby
Do you need a nav system? I don't see anything on my 2019 Tuscon. Any one have a how to guide on where to find sd slot.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2621 posts
1714 upvotes
wildlele wrote: $50k premium? A Tesla is $50k... pretty sure even shitty korean cars arent $0
As if Tesla build quality is better than the “shitty Korean car”...

And are you referring to the one with the crippled 100km range battery that you can even order lol?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Dec 21, 2017
117 posts
148 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: Totally off topic, I am considering buying a new SUV, debating between Highlander and Santa Fe, with many Hyundai owners posting here, anybody would care to comment or point me to an existing thread on this subject? PM will work too. TIA
The Santa Fe is bigger than a Rav4 and smaller than a Highlander. It really depends if you need the third row, captains chairs or the space and how much you value brand cache. The current version Santa Fe is my first Hyundai. It was purchased as a city run around vehicle and something for my teens to drive instead of the big SUV. We all like it so much, its the first car that is taken anywhere, even long trips. It has more features and content than Toyota dollar for dollar and a longer warranty. the controls are very logical with lots of physical buttons. The only things I don't like are the turbo lag and the relatively lower gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine.

I have owned Lexus and Toyota in the past and was set on the new Rav4 until I tried it and the Santa Fe. If I need captains chairs and third row and more cargo, personally I would look at the Pallisade or Kia Telluride first. I am impressed with my first experience with Hyundai, enough so that Genesis will be at the top of my list for the next vehicle.
Jan 27, 2007
799 posts
706 upvotes
Anyone who's done the update recently (especially 2019-2020), how long did you have to sit in your car waiting for the update to happen? Thx
Nov 20, 2016
119 posts
17 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Yes. If the Sante Fe is running the same Gen (4 or 5) as the Tucson you have in mind:

maps.PNG

You are correct .

My maps are both canada and us.
When typing address there is an option to change Postal Code to USA States

Notice the maps are also prefixed with "NAM" for North America. I don't think the update only has Canada, or only has US maps...but should have both.
Jan 20, 2007
469 posts
122 upvotes
Niagara
Just updated my Sonata & Tucson, no issues. Thanks!
God always forgives. Man often forgives. Nature never forgives.
Oct 31, 2003
120 posts
9 upvotes
Haven't seen in this thread if anyone updated their non-nav system with this update. Has anyone does this? 2020 Tucson specifically.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)