Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hyundai

Hyundai Sante Fe and Tucson 0% financing for 72m and 6m payment deferral

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2020 9:09 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Shininggg wrote: No despite having somewhat similar story. Difference is I sued and they covered the replacement cost of the engine.
Did you go to small claims?
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
What are the actual savings? Anyone done the breakdown.

We all know nothing is ever 0%, so how much of that is added to the final price to make it up?
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Shininggg wrote: No despite having somewhat similar story. Difference is I sued and they covered the replacement cost of the engine.
Good on you for following through. What year and mileage was/is your Tucson?
Nov 26, 2013
41 posts
34 upvotes
Saint-Chrysostome
ZeroToHero wrote: Good on you for following through. What year and mileage was/is your Tucson?
I bought one of the last 2012 model in the province. Both engine started showing sign around 125k-135k
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1755 posts
1353 upvotes
Montreal
divx wrote: The hyundai dealer give you a NIssan for replacement?
I think you're missing the entire point of this thread...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
molybdenum wrote: I think you're missing the entire point of this thread...
Yes I get it, the 0% financing is a good deal.
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Shininggg wrote: I bought one of the last 2012 model in the province. Both engine started showing sign around 125k-135k
Disappointed But Relieved Face
sadness, mine too was 2012, 2.4L AWD, except my engine died when it was 187k, first a click, then a knock, then loss of power and your stuck on the highway
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: sorry which one is limited? there are essential preferred luxury ultimate for my province
I was checking santafe too but made my mind on palisade essential (but bit worried since its first year model)
Sorry I meant ultimate trim model
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
Samshares wrote: What are the actual savings? Anyone done the breakdown.

We all know nothing is ever 0%, so how much of that is added to the final price to make it up?
You have to do your math and it's dependent on vehicle. The one I was looking at is Sante Fe Ultimate
1) Get 0% financing for 84 month
2) Get a $2000 upfront rebate for cash payment (off a $50K-ish vehicle)

I google "cash rebate or financing" and a bunch of websites help you calculate it. But at today's interest rates, the financing option was actually CHEAPER by about $2000. So you can't say 0% is better, or get a cash rebate is better. Really situation dependent. You just need to be open minded (and have saved enough) for either option. I'm have enough in the bank for a cash payment, but lucky enough that I am in a position to choose either option 1 or 2.

I listen to Dave Ramsey and how he hates debt. I think that's true that people over-extend themselves and look at monthly payment only, but if you can comfortably afford cash, you need to do the calculation between cash and finance. Cash is NOT always king.

I'm ignoring your negotiation skills as you would get whatever savings you negotiate regardless of option 1 or 2 above.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Which is the exact same thing I'm going to do when my Civic's engine block will crack
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
Nemrod wrote: Math is hard.

The difference between financing and not is the cash discount times the tax. If you get a $2k discount for paying cash, you save $2260 ($2000 * 1.13).

A $2k cash discount is low. When I bought my car around 7 years ago the cash discount was around $3k on a ~$36k or so purchase (I don't remember the exact amount). That's better than the discount ($2k) you'd apparently get on a ~$50k purchase.
It's vehicle dependent. I actually bought my last car with this thread: 2013-hyundai-sonata-hybrid-24778-70-wth ... s-1384563/. You got $5000 off a $30000 car and 0% for 24 months (it's free money, why not) - but it was going through a refresh hence the big discounts. I also negotiated another $1200 or something off the price. Still driving it to this day, 120000 kms and counting.

Now in the market for Sante Fe or Palisade as second vehicle.
Apr 16, 2020
279 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
Reliability ratings for:
Santa Fe
Santa Fe.png
Sorento
Sorento.png
Rav4
Rav4.png
CR-V
CRV.png
Mar 24, 2018
120 posts
147 upvotes
onefgc wrote: Reliability ratings for:
Santa Fe
Santa Fe.png
Sorento
Sorento.png
Rav4
Rav4.png
CR-V
CRV.png
That's some good data. What I see is avoid the first year of a new generation (Santa Fe 2013), which would be also the case with the current model year (2020). The Tucson is at the end of its run, so should be relatively safe.
Apr 16, 2020
279 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
PokerM wrote: That's some good data. What I see is avoid the first year of a new generation (Santa Fe 2013), which would be also the case with the current model year (2020). The Tucson is at the end of its run, so should be relatively safe.
It is important to note how reliability of the Santa Fe fares when it ages, compared to Toyota/Honda.

The CR-V, 2017+, has been a bit troublesome due to the 1.5L turbo engine (gas/oil dilution).
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
onefgc wrote: Reliability ratings for:
Santa Fe
Santa Fe.png
Sorento
Sorento.png
Rav4
Rav4.png
CR-V
CRV.png
Cool thanks.
I like that in car electronics gets the only knock but the Santa Fe gets an overall yellow rating (2 notches down).
Its got identical ratings as the CR-V but overall it's worse. Super weird.
Last edited by lleb13 on May 27th, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 27, 2020
9 posts
7 upvotes
Finalized a deal today for the Tucson!

Will be interesting to see what the next gen of Tucson brings.
Apr 30, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
His point *is* that a longer financial term *will* promote an unhealthy financial decision for most people. Hence saying it’s a *horrible* financial decision is absolutely justified and more an exercise in semantics. Others, who understand time value of money, can do compound interest formulas - will always know what you know. They’re not likely to say oh! So horrible - I’m underwater on my car, mortgage or whatever. They know what they enjoyed with those low payments. For a huge majority of the populace however buying a car is done with the “most payment per month” you can afford without blowing up a monthly budget. It makes you buy more car than you need and certainly more car than what you can afford. Furthermore - confusing as it may be - a cars depreciation and financing should be made transparent at the time of purchase so people know what they’re getting into beforehand. Knowing ahead of time when you’re going to go underwater on your asset purchase will prevent the said *horrible* financial decision.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2002
2080 posts
433 upvotes
Montreal
So what type of pricing are people actually getting? I'm on my second Santa Fe (2016 2.0T) and would consider upgrading to a newer model if the price is right.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
Amensalism wrote: Finalized a deal today for the Tucson!

Will be interesting to see what the next gen of Tucson brings.
what was ur price? trim?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)