Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 6:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1511 posts
478 upvotes

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

I'm look into getting a new SUV, this seemed like a pretty good deal compared to discounts I've seen in the past. I looked at the preferred AWD and the discount for cash was $3500. I think you have to go with the highest trim to get the $4000 discount.

Anyone have any inside knowledge on this? Is there much wiggle room left when there's already a $3500 cash discount?
142 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 25, 2009
1854 posts
1093 upvotes
Wrong forum but before you get flamed into oblivion...the amount of wiggle room depends on the exact car, trade in, dealer quota, and a ton of other factors.

Long story short there is still room. How much room depends on those factors.

Good luck to you but if your current criteria is “a new SUV” then I suggest you do a lot more homework.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 14, 2004
1168 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, you can get probably another 2.5-3.5k off.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1427 posts
4872 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Save triple that by getting a year or two older model.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3108 posts
1811 upvotes
What is up with all these 3k to 5k rebates for new vehicles? :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9814 posts
5848 upvotes
Wonder what clearance prices will be like this year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1511 posts
478 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Wrong forum but before you get flamed into oblivion...the amount of wiggle room depends on the exact car, trade in, dealer quota, and a ton of other factors.

Long story short there is still room. How much room depends on those factors.

Good luck to you but if your current criteria is “a new SUV” then I suggest you do a lot more homework.
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was looking mostly at used cars and then thought that I should see if dealerships might have sales going on due to sale slowdowns due to covid. I said SUV, but I'm really looking for a small SUV/Crossover, anything with AWD really. I've heard good things about Hyndai and the Tucson. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

I was also looking at the CX5, but doesn't seem to be much going on from Mazda on the sale front.

To clarify, I did think this is a hot deal, so I posted in hot deals, just guess I was dead wrong.
Jr. Member
Dec 2, 2014
111 posts
224 upvotes
Should always check unhaggle as well to see the dealer price to know how low it can go.
Member
Oct 22, 2007
268 posts
257 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was looking mostly at used cars and then thought that I should see if dealerships might have sales going on due to sale slowdowns due to covid. I said SUV, but I'm really looking for a small SUV/Crossover, anything with AWD really. I've heard good things about Hyndai and the Tucson. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

I was also looking at the CX5, but doesn't seem to be much going on from Mazda on the sale front.

To clarify, I did think this is a hot deal, so I posted in hot deals, just guess I was dead wrong.
I bought a CX5 in march.
Newbie
Sep 4, 2014
29 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I don't know if this will contribute, but I bought a 2019 Tiguan, comfortline that was used as a dealership shuttle earlier this year. I was able to negotiate it for a pretty happy price.

And then they offered $3.5k off if I bought it cash indicating that this was an offer from VW Canada for not having them finance me.

Given this, you may be able to get the discount AFTER you've negotiated your on-the-road price of the vehicle.
Sr. Member
Mar 1, 2012
918 posts
650 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: I was also looking at the CX5, but doesn't seem to be much going on from Mazda on the sale front.
Driving a 2017 Hyundai Tucson for three years now. Still runs very well. No issues so far. Had the Mazda CX-5 previously and I wouldn't buy it again.

Tucson pros:
- more interior room
- rear seat vents
- rear seats recline back
- more trunk space
- cheaper

Mazda pros:
- better engine and drive
- attractive and intuitive dash

Fuel efficiency is negligible but I'd give the edge to the Tucson.
Sr. Member
Nov 16, 2016
933 posts
849 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Car threads get so heated. People shit on GM. Toyota is plain and bland. Hondas have gone to crap. Ford is unreliable. Koreans are crappy quality cars.

It's all gonna get so heated. Lol

Edit: added more
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Aug 25th, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2017
378 posts
254 upvotes
Canada
Bigboy16 wrote: Car threads get so heated. People shit on GM. People call Toyota plain. Ford is unreliable. Koreans are crappy cars.

It's all gonna get so heated. Lol
Toyota squad will be here soon
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2010
131 posts
39 upvotes
Simcoe County, Ontar…
Too bad they don't throw a $4,000 rebate at the Kona EV.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
Kreuger wrote: Too bad they don't throw a $4,000 rebate at the Kona EV.
Why would they. It's so popular you have to wait more than half a year to get one.

Great vehicle. 45k for a SUV BEV. Can't beat that

Top