Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 4:35 pm
Jan 30, 2017
29 posts
20 upvotes
@funnypanks If you have a trim or color preference, you should consider calling a few dealers to ask if it is available first. From personal experience, Sonata and Palisade are pretty much sold out, with only limited vehicles remaining in Ontario. Call around, and see what pricing you get. You might end up deciding based on discounts and availability.
Oct 11, 2018
128 posts
108 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was looking mostly at used cars and then thought that I should see if dealerships might have sales going on due to sale slowdowns due to covid. I said SUV, but I'm really looking for a small SUV/Crossover, anything with AWD really. I've heard good things about Hyndai and the Tucson. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

I was also looking at the CX5, but doesn't seem to be much going on from Mazda on the sale front.

To clarify, I did think this is a hot deal, so I posted in hot deals, just guess I was dead wrong.
I’m currently still in my 4 year lease with my 2017 CX-5 GT which ends in dec 2021. Decided to end my lease and renew with the 2020 Cx-5 gt for $500 monthly with 4 years free oil changes. My original lease payment was $520 monthly as I had an equity balance from another prior lease. Love the cx-5 so I figure why not trade in for a newer model and pay less. Also wanted the signature trim but the 2020 versions are sold out now.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1463 posts
721 upvotes
lovingthosedeals wrote: I’m currently still in my 4 year lease with my 2017 CX-5 GT which ends in dec 2021. Decided to end my lease and renew with the 2020 Cx-5 gt for $500 monthly with 4 years free oil changes. My original lease payment was $520 monthly as I had an equity balance from another prior lease. Love the cx-5 so I figure why not trade in for a newer model and pay less. Also wanted the signature trim but the 2020 versions are sold out now.
Mazda interiors are top in their class. Some may say even above their class. Is your new 2020 the turbo motor as well?
Last edited by bizzyseller on Aug 25th, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2115 posts
811 upvotes
would Nav Bhatia helps you get a better deal?
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Aug 24, 2010
716 posts
159 upvotes
My suggestion to get even a better deal is to look around for the “demo” version of the brand new car you’re buying. These cars are usually just the display cars that they use to test drive with under 10K mileage. They sell cheaper and the new car rebates still apply
Jan 27, 2007
799 posts
706 upvotes
I have the 2020 Tucson Ultimate that I got after returning a defective 2019 one. I lost some money there but yes I originally got 4000 on the 2019 plus about 2500 off.

I like everything about the car (fully loaded safety features, 360 cam, heated and cooled seats, android auto, panoramic roof, space in front and cargo).

The only thing I don't like is the engine when driving on the highway. You have to think twice before passing a car. I use sport mode all the time on the highway, it helps a bit.
Last edited by Zaptor99 on Aug 25th, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
761 upvotes
Edmonton
Guaranteed incoming comment:

"do yourself a favor and get a honda instead of this korean garbage that will fall apart in two weeks lol stupid op"
Mar 15, 2010
958 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
mikered14 wrote: Guaranteed incoming comment:

"do yourself a favor and get a honda instead of this korean garbage that will fall apart in two weeks lol stupid op"
I bought a 2019 this year in January 2020 they had a few left that were heavily discounted. I can say that I am really pleased with this car, my only minor is the power is a bit lacking but i bought the low/mid trim that has the smaller engine. But this car is for driving the wife and new baby and has excellent safety features and the front dash looks nice with what feels like an ipad at the front. The ride is comfy, and with the free tinted windows they tossed in it looks stylish (for an suv). And when i want more thrill, i pull out my 2019 Mustang that i bought for me last year. Babies arent allowed on that one
Sep 10, 2012
672 posts
421 upvotes
Saskatoon
We just bought a 2020 Santa Fe luxury, financed at 0% over 84 months. Called multiple dealers and ended up getting approx $5k off the regular msrp after tax. He waived the $299 admin fee as well. Local dealer wouldn’t budge a nickel and was literally $5k higher after smoke settled.
Feb 8, 2006
412 posts
93 upvotes
will chime in here since i love mine. i own the 2016 hyundai tucson ultimate and its pretty fantastic. there were several issues but they were handled under recall. the 2016 was a remodel year so they definitely had bugs to work out but other than a couple of trips to the dealership, the car runs fantastic.

i agree with previous posts about power , or lack there of. if i go on the highway, i use sport mode. otherwise regular is fine with me
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4496 posts
3458 upvotes
Ottawa
alanbrenton wrote: Leasebuster here I come (soon).
Anyone who reads the automotive forums knows that when you say "here you come" you actually mean "I'll never end up going ahead with this idea"
Dec 16, 2017
90 posts
104 upvotes
To OP, two bits if advice:

- review this YouTube channel. Although the guy talks about the US market, the Canadian market is quite similar. He exposes all the dirty tricks dealers are known for. Learn it before you get burned
https://www.youtube.com/c/KevinHunter

- second, I HIGHLY recommend you and every single soul here to sign up for their city's public library. Our Ottawa public library (and probably other towns) provide access to the digital subscription based site ConsumerReports.org. You will only understand me once you actually log in to it for yourself. They have a huge library of the results of their own unbiased testing. I have used them when shopping for my cars (and they also have a massive library for other products). Those guys will test any given car to the ground and will give you full report on reliability issues, real gas mileage, and many other details. I extremely recommend you to view their site so that you know valuable information on any car. Man, I am not kidding when I say that I once bought a 2014 Mustang "against the site's recommendation" and oh boy did I regret it.

My two cents
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6704 posts
4711 upvotes
Kitchener
Messerschmitt wrote: Why would they. It's so popular you have to wait more than half a year to get one.

Great vehicle. 45k for a SUV BEV. Can't beat that
Calling a Kona EV an "SUV" is a joke (just like all subcompact "SUV"s). They may fool some people, but it's got a LOT less cargo room and passenger space than most other BEV sedans and hatchbacks - specifically a $53k Model 3, a $45k Bolt EV, a $44k LEAF. Hilariously, even Hyundai's own $41k Ioniq Electric liftback has more space than a Kona EV.

Basically the Tuscon has a lot more room than Hyundai's (or anyone else's) subcompact SUVs.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1435 posts
509 upvotes
Halton
Konowl wrote: Anyone who reads the automotive forums knows that when you say "here you come" you actually mean "I'll never end up going ahead with this idea"
i don't know this about alanbrenton but i laughed because that is my life story on RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)