Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 4:35 pm
Aug 26, 2008
149 posts
46 upvotes
Barrie
funnypanks wrote: Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was looking mostly at used cars and then thought that I should see if dealerships might have sales going on due to sale slowdowns due to covid. I said SUV, but I'm really looking for a small SUV/Crossover, anything with AWD really. I've heard good things about Hyndai and the Tucson. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

I was also looking at the CX5, but doesn't seem to be much going on from Mazda on the sale front.

To clarify, I did think this is a hot deal, so I posted in hot deals, just guess I was dead wrong.
The covid sales halt is gone, as far as I'm aware. If anything it's been a shortage in supply because the factories shut down. Demand is still pretty high.

As far as Mazda, they've got incentives in their finance rates right now, if you want a deal on the car you need to either negotiate with a dealer or know who to call. If you check the Mazda Question's and Answers thread in the automotive forum here you'll find there's an RFDer who works at Toronto Mazda who you can typically get a really good deal on a car from. We just got a CX-30 from him last week. Didn't need to negotiate because he gave me a price basically where I wanted it, whereas my local dealer wouldn't even talk numbers aside from discounting the paint charge (because they only had inventory with colors that have a paint charge and we didn't care for it) and cost on accessories.
Dec 22, 2010
330 posts
99 upvotes
squint72 wrote: We just bought a 2020 Santa Fe luxury, financed at 0% over 84 months. Called multiple dealers and ended up getting approx $5k off the regular msrp after tax. He waived the $299 admin fee as well. Local dealer wouldn’t budge a nickel and was literally $5k higher after smoke settled.
You made a good deal especially with admin fee scam. They don't even know what it is for, but then they insist getting it. When will they stop.
Sep 21, 2003
292 posts
22 upvotes
Stittsville
Not a good reputation, my sisters neighbors Tucson, self ignited in their driveway....Do some research on this
Sanity is the Playground for the Un-imaginitive
Dec 22, 2010
330 posts
99 upvotes
pagal wrote: self ignited in their driveway
Here they come. LOL
Last edited by testmann on Aug 25th, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1177 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
pagal wrote: Not a good reputation, my sisters neighbors Tucson, self ignited in their driveway....Do some research on this
I hear Teslas and BMWs do that too don't buy Tesla and BMW.
Aug 9, 2008
458 posts
234 upvotes
Konowl wrote: Anyone who reads the automotive forums knows that when you say "here you come" you actually mean "I'll never end up going ahead with this idea"
Did that guy ever end up getting a Tesla?
Nov 23, 2004
593 posts
916 upvotes
Ontario
pagal wrote: Not a good reputation, my sisters neighbors Tucson, self ignited in their driveway....Do some research on this
Yep. A simple Google search shows the ~6+ years of engine problems Hyundai has been having. 2.3 million (or more) estimated engines out there that have the issue, and over 5000 reports of the cars self combusting in USA alone, and it's still relatively unknown if newer iterations of their engines will suffer from the same problem or not as they seemingly have little idea what the defect is that causes it other than the fact it needs about ~80k km on the engine before it starts rattling like a can and maybe combusts (unless you believe some of the supposed whistleblower stuff floating around the net, then there is some speculation as to different flaws that may cause it).

I had one of these engines and had to walk from a 5 year old Kia. They "fixed" it out of warranty by giving me a rebuilt engine that developed the same problems again less than a month after being installed.

But anyway.. I'm usually just a "korean car hater" when I share the nightmare that is owning a car from either of these brands. Google is your friend on this one. Don't let the allure of an inexpensive and feature packed car draw you in too much.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1079 posts
844 upvotes
Everywhere
had a tucson for about 2 years now. runs great, looks great, lots of room.

also looked at the kona when we bought and it was in short supply due to the demand. looking at it now, we're glad we went with the bigger tucson.
Feb 18, 2015
245 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Apart from 5 or 6 posts, this is all you gonna get:

a) I love this brand and you should love it too.
b) I hate this brand and you should hate it too.

I was between Kona and Tucson, but in my case, a smaller crossover made sense and we bought a 2019 Kona.
Drive it, see what you think about it.... But drive the competitors too, maybe you will love one that you are not even thinking about
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
760 upvotes
Edmonton
mikered14 wrote: Guaranteed incoming comment:

"do yourself a favor and get a honda instead of this korean garbage that will fall apart in two weeks lol stupid op"
ssj4_ootaku1 wrote: It's a Hyundai....overly priced horse carriage!
Close enough
Apr 18, 2007
466 posts
300 upvotes
I drove a rental very recently. My opinion on the Tucson (probably a very base model, lacked a lot of the premium features):

Pros:

- Great interior space. The shift stick takes up very little room at the front, which allows a really nice front space setup that maximizes the space well. Easily the best use of space I've seen yet. I also was able to fit an entire full size fridge with seats dropped. Pretty impressive.
- Looks pretty nice, definitely not the ugliest compact SUV around

Cons:

- The drive is just awful. On the Hwy, the car rattles and feels really underpowered and squirrel-ly. I honestly don't feel very safe in it at all.
- (Wife's opinion) Car beeps at you when changing lanes without signalling. I personally never noticed it, but she hated this (I'm sure you can turn it off, but I found this hilarious)

Only had it for a few days, so those are the only points I can think of at the moment. The drive is a really important part I think, I strongly suggest you go test drive one to see if it feels right for you.
Jun 3, 2019
58 posts
196 upvotes
Arcticsilverfox wrote: - (Wife's opinion) Car beeps at you when changing lanes without signalling. I personally never noticed it, but she hated this (I'm sure you can turn it off, but I found this hilarious)
Does she drive a BMW normally?
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10997 posts
7352 upvotes
GTA, ON
If that's a manufacturers rebate, then yes, you can always negotiate more. Manufacturers rebate only affects head office (as the rebate comes directly from them), it has nothing to do with the salesperson's commission or stealership. Try to figure out what the car costs (to that nobody really knows) the stealership, add in the profit for them, then minus off that rebate number. That's how much you will want to pay.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10997 posts
7352 upvotes
GTA, ON
Sounds like that faulty Theta II engine.

Thankfully mine has gone up in smoke (yet...). I still don't understand Hyundai. They recalled every other Theta II engine except the ones in the Tucson model. Even KIA recalled the Sportage Theta II and the Sportage is built on the same platform as the Tucson.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!