Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 4:35 pm
Feb 27, 2011
114 posts
83 upvotes
The Tucson is getting a full re-design for 2022, so (if you can) there might be some even better offers if you can wait until next year.

Also, I know leasing doesn't let a lot of love on RFD, but Hyundai has decent lease deals for the Tucson (for the 2020 models). Considering a Hyundai lease includes roadside assistance, and you can often also negotiate free maintenance with your local dealer, it's not a terrible option to consider (and removes any concerns about the long term quality or residual value of the car).
Sep 21, 2003
292 posts
21 upvotes
Stittsville
chimaican wrote: Sounds like that faulty Theta II engine.

Thankfully mine has gone up in smoke (yet...). I still don't understand Hyundai. They recalled every other Theta II engine except the ones in the Tucson model. Even KIA recalled the Sportage Theta II and the Sportage is built on the same platform as the Tucson.
Almost burnt the house down...lucky only his tree caught on fire and if no COVID no neighbors would have spotted this. US have recalled but Hyundai brutal in Canada took along time to recall and left many a customer stranded. This is a fundamental safety issue and like the Takata Airbag and Toyota accelerator pedal issue companies need to jump on this.
Sanity is the Playground for the Un-imaginitive
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2327 posts
1503 upvotes
Toronto
biggestbarnacle wrote: Does she drive a BMW normally?
Lol no courtesy for other drivers, just rolls into your lane unannounced.
Dec 8, 2018
33 posts
53 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: Lol no courtesy for other drivers, just rolls into your lane unannounced.
Honest and serious question. Why are BMW drivers such *******? (Of course there is a ton of talk about this when you google, but what is RFD's take on it?)
Or is everyone making this observation just biased :)
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2327 posts
1503 upvotes
Toronto
hariesh wrote: Honest and serious question. Why are BMW drivers such *******? (Of course there is a ton of talk about this when you google, but what is RFD's take on it?)
Or is everyone making this observation just biased :)
It's fact
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/931365 ... t-drivers/

Even though Audi has taken away your title BMW drivers, don’t worry, you are still up there.

The main reason for your decline to 2nd place is the fact that the very worst BMW drivers all bought Audis last year.

Please don’t for a minute think that it was because your driving skills dramatically improved.

Also, a quick note for any BMW drivers. Please don’t believe the rumour that your car doesn’t have any indicators.

You can find them in the usual place and I suggest you start using them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6059 posts
2528 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Look at pricing for Sportage as well... has bigger engine standard. It's the same engine in base Sante Fe and Sorento I believe, which are several hundred pounds heavier then Tucson/Sportage.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1696 posts
1417 upvotes
Montréal
Just remember the true cost of a car isn’t the up front price. It’s the cost of driving it every year which is

(Purchase price + interest + taxes ) - sale price (impacted by depreciation) - maintenance - consumables (gas, tires etc...). Out of all these things it’s normally depreciation which is the biggest cost.

It might be that a more expensive car costs less over 5 years. From experience for a good car to be a hot deal, I want to see at least 25% off.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1017 posts
225 upvotes
Vaughan
not sure if this will change minds but someone on my street had the hyundai tuscon. looked beautiful. I noticed that he replaced it after some time and I asked him what happened. he told me the sunroof exploded while he was driving on the highway. I believe he got little to no compensation for it. apparently it's a common issue.

here's the article:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6165364/hyun ... s-sudbury/
Dec 9, 2017
171 posts
372 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Save triple that by getting a year or two older model.
Just because you don't see value in a brand new vehicle doesn't mean other folks do not as well. Life is not just about monetary value. For some it's the pleasure of a brand new car, owning and maintaining since new; for others it can be a huge financial statement and achievement. Do you buy your underwear second hand as well? On the same account, some other folks can only afford second hand clothing. To each their own. I am sure the OP already looked at the market and obviously is interested in a brand new one.
By your logic, we all can save 99% off of that by taking the bus.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1696 posts
1417 upvotes
Montréal
Canadianbac0n wrote: Just because you don't see value in a brand new vehicle doesn't mean other folks do not as well. Life is not just about monetary value. For some it's the pleasure of a brand new car, owning and maintaining since new; for others it can be a huge financial statement and achievement. Do you buy your underwear second hand as well? On the same account, some other folks can only afford second hand clothing. To each their own. I am sure the OP already looked at the market and obviously is interested in a brand new one.
By your logic, we all can save 99% off of that by taking the bus.
It’s worth repeating, people don’t realize the cost of new vehicles. And there is a tremendous about FUD about buying used vehicles
Dec 9, 2017
171 posts
372 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: I'm look into getting a new SUV, this seemed like a pretty good deal compared to discounts I've seen in the past. I looked at the preferred AWD and the discount for cash was $3500. I think you have to go with the highest trim to get the $4000 discount.

Anyone have any inside knowledge on this? Is there much wiggle room left when there's already a $3500 cash discount?
OP, I purchase my vehicles brand new. What I learned in the past 20 years regarding the dealerships:
- there is always room for more. Always !!!
- don’t be afraid to be an ******* while negotiating. Don’t be afraid to walk out and leave. Your money ! Don’t be a fool.
- never look at the monthly payment. Always look at the grand total, no matter what they try to shove under your face
- never mention your trade in, if any
- they only want your signature on the dotted line and after that you become a nuisance
- always do your research beforehand. Talk to multiple dealers. Email is fine, no need to go in (bait and switch very common)
- don’t get too excited, it clouds your judgement
- always be aware that the car salesmen are among the lowest POS on the planet. The only one lower than that is a used car salesman.

I upvoted the post. Seems to be a good find and the Koreans are creeping up there with the big boys. Slowly, but happening.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10921 posts
7244 upvotes
GTA, ON
pagal wrote: Almost burnt the house down...lucky only his tree caught on fire and if no COVID no neighbors would have spotted this. US have recalled but Hyundai brutal in Canada took along time to recall and left many a customer stranded. This is a fundamental safety issue and like the Takata Airbag and Toyota accelerator pedal issue companies need to jump on this.
I'm wondering if it's because of Hyundai's negligence because if it is, screw them. But I also know that my Tucson was built in Korea (based on VIN) so I'm wondering if the reluctance could be because those affected are the ones out of the US plant.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 12, 2017
62 posts
49 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: It’s worth repeating, people don’t realize the cost of new vehicles. And there is a tremendous about FUD about buying used vehicles
The original quote that said "you save triple that" was an exaggeration. I often look for used car and you generally going to pay around 7-8k less on a 2yo Tucson with average mileage (40k) when you go to a dealership. It seems like a good deal, but then most people don't have 20k+ to pay cash, and the interest rate is generally 7%. So that will cost you about 1-2k more in interest than a new car depending on the interest rate of the new car (could be 0%) and how fast you can pay the used car. The value of getting a 2yo car that you don't know at a 7% rate isn't as big as some people make it out to be. If I get a 3 500k deal on a new car, to me it could be worth more than a 7-8k deal on a 2yo car, because you also have to calculate that you'll keep the 2yo car 2 years less.

It can be a good deal if you pay cash and you don't get it from a dealership.
Last edited by leolozon on Aug 25th, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 16, 2017
61 posts
57 upvotes
New Brunswick
Unless you are trading in an absolute pile of crap worth less than $1000 then the dealer will ALWAYS screw you out of a better deal. Also, If you have not watched this video I highly suggest it.
Dec 16, 2013
71 posts
43 upvotes
Burnaby
Rob_EV wrote: Calling a Kona EV an "SUV" is a joke (just like all subcompact "SUV"s). They may fool some people, but it's got a LOT less cargo room and passenger space than most other BEV sedans and hatchbacks - specifically a $53k Model 3, a $45k Bolt EV, a $44k LEAF. Hilariously, even Hyundai's own $41k Ioniq Electric liftback has more space than a Kona EV.

Basically the Tuscon has a lot more room than Hyundai's (or anyone else's) subcompact SUVs.
To be fair, the term SUV, subcompact or otherwise, is pretty much a joke/watered down. Sure some of them have great interior space but arguably pretty much only Jeeps are real SUVs (and not even all of them). Most every other SUV is functionally a minivan without a sliding door, which in a lot of cases are more functional.