[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 4:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6611 posts
4603 upvotes
Kitchener
thesubmitter wrote: Just remember the true cost of a car isn’t the up front price. It’s the cost of driving it every year which is

(Purchase price + interest + taxes ) - sale price (impacted by depreciation) - maintenance - consumables (gas, tires etc...). Out of all these things it’s normally depreciation which is the biggest cost.

It might be that a more expensive car costs less over 5 years. From experience for a good car to be a hot deal, I want to see at least 25% off.
Oh c'mon, NOBODY does the TCO cost analysis before buying, you know this. They basically decide if they like the way it looks and if the price is good. Never any consideration given to fuel / maintenance / insurance costs (which for most people will cost more than the vehicle itself).
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
Several things to expect when you enter the dealership:

1) New cars are in low supply. Demand is SUPER HIGH right now. Record breaking numbers. If you are looking to buy a new car that is in high demand and low supply, dealers will not negotiate as much and for good reason. If the manufacturer is offering you 0% plus $1000-4000 off, you better take that and run. You will not get the trim or colour you want.

And no, there isn't a $2000 markup on Tucsons.

2) Used cars are in huge short supply. You heard that right. At the auction, we are seeing RECORD BREAKING BIDDING. You can thank the government for cheap money and oversupply of capital in the market.

In short, you are fu**ed.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1449 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
Ask for 15k discount because you need that to repair later.
Oct 24, 2016
878 posts
737 upvotes
ON
I have learned one thing....never ever state in the RFD forum, which brand/model you wanna buy. Otherwise you’ve had it coming! Face With Tears Of Joy
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
May 4, 2011
69 posts
37 upvotes
Hamilton
Kia and Hyundai have similar deals on right now and I just bought a 2020 Kia Sorento. Got $3500 off (or 6 months no payments) and 7 years at 0% financing as the base deal this month. Got a $500 front line worker discount and since my wife wanted to upgrade to a model with leather seats/sunroof they took another $500 off. So overall they took $4500 off (and I think another $300 off for the admin fee, so $4800). Stock was very limited on the V6 which we wanted for towing (one dealer had 2, one had 3 and the third had 0), so obviously they weren't too eager to cut me a bigger deal. I am not a haggler so I am just honest with them and tell them I going to get prices from different dealers (and sometimes different brands) and whoever offers the best deal I will take. This also keeps me from making a decision when I am excited about the car as I go home and think about it (I came close to buying two cars for instance lol).

I know people here will say to buy used and obviously you can get good deals this way but 0% financing and $4800 off makes used vehicles much less attractive. Yes, if you have the ability to pay in cash I suppose it can be the better deal to buy used, but most people don't have that luxury. And is it really that much of a deal when you could invest that money and earn interest while you slowly pay off a 0% loan?

Now whether a Kia/Hyundai are a better deal than a Toyota/Honda etc., that part is definitely debatable. My last used car was a major headache and definitely not the deal it appeared at first. My newly bought Mazda however has not needed a single repair in 7 years (only oil changes and brake pads).
Aug 8, 2010
254 posts
171 upvotes
Quebec
bholmes2000 wrote: Kia and Hyundai have similar deals on right now and I just bought a 2020 Kia Sorento. Got $3500 off (or 6 months no payments) and 7 years at 0% financing as the base deal this month. Got a $500 front line worker discount and since my wife wanted to upgrade to a model with leather seats/sunroof they took another $500 off. So overall they took $4500 off (and I think another $300 off for the admin fee, so $4800). Stock was very limited on the V6 which we wanted for towing (one dealer had 2, one had 3 and the third had 0), so obviously they weren't too eager to cut me a bigger deal. I am not a haggler so I am just honest with them and tell them I going to get prices from different dealers (and sometimes different brands) and whoever offers the best deal I will take. This also keeps me from making a decision when I am excited about the car as I go home and think about it (I came close to buying two cars for instance lol).

I know people here will say to buy used and obviously you can get good deals this way but 0% financing and $4800 off makes used vehicles much less attractive. Yes, if you have the ability to pay in cash I suppose it can be the better deal to buy used, but most people don't have that luxury. And is it really that much of a deal when you could invest that money and earn interest while you slowly pay off a 0% loan?

Now whether a Kia/Hyundai are a better deal than a Toyota/Honda etc., that part is definitely debatable. My last used car was a major headache and definitely not the deal it appeared at first. My newly bought Mazda however has not needed a single repair in 7 years (only oil changes and brake pads).
You probably left 2000$ on the table but if you are happy, ride on!
Sep 14, 2012
572 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: I have the 2020 Tucson Ultimate that I got after returning a defective 2019 one. bit.
Kind of says it all to me. Returned a 2019 because it was defective? Not a good sign.
Jul 8, 2013
280 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
Hi, is this combinable with the frontline healthcare invoice price with $500 rebate???
Nov 23, 2004
588 posts
906 upvotes
Ontario
chimaican wrote: Sounds like that faulty Theta II engine.

Thankfully mine has gone up in smoke (yet...). I still don't understand Hyundai. They recalled every other Theta II engine except the ones in the Tucson model. Even KIA recalled the Sportage Theta II and the Sportage is built on the same platform as the Tucson.
Actually.. between Kia and Hyundai, a lot of the "lower priced" models seemed totally forgotten on the Theta II recalls. Kia also seemed to "forget" the Forte was one of their best selling cars, which was a huge contributor to a lot of the engine fires (and continues to be) with that engine too. To me, it felt like they didn't care about anyone who didn't buy one of their expensive vehicles with a Theta II. Before mine went, I was getting very regular mail-outs from Kia about how my model year of forte is in such high demand for trade-in and they'd give me a great deal towards a new kia. I connected the dots afterwards that they were trying to get as many off the road as they could without paying to fix them. Remember how popular those 2009-2016 Forte's used to be on the road? At one point in town I saw as many as I did civics or corollas. Pay attention now, because there's almost none at all driving around these days and many of those are cars that are under five years old or not much older! They've either failed, or Kia has done a damn good job coaxing trade-ins out of fairly new car owners to increase their supply of engines to rebuild.

Buddy of mine is a Kia mechanic - he said at his dealer alone in our city they're doing 10-15 engine replacements a week. They communicate with all the other Kia and Hyundai dealers through a network, and this number is pretty typical at any given dealer he said, and has been for several years. Some of them compete with each other to see whose customer base had more failed engines replaced that week. He's worked a few other dealers in his time too, and said an engine swap is usually a one every-few-months deal for any other brand.
Aug 5, 2012
647 posts
441 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
jenneth wrote: Several things to expect when you enter the dealership:

1) New cars are in low supply. Demand is SUPER HIGH right now. Record breaking numbers. If you are looking to buy a new car that is in high demand and low supply, dealers will not negotiate as much and for good reason. If the manufacturer is offering you 0% plus $1000-4000 off, you better take that and run. You will not get the trim or colour you want.

And no, there isn't a $2000 markup on Tucsons.

2) Used cars are in huge short supply. You heard that right. At the auction, we are seeing RECORD BREAKING BIDDING. You can thank the government for cheap money and oversupply of capital in the market.

In short, you are fu**ed.
I hope you are serious. So according to you was it a better time to buy a new or a used car in April, May or June compared to now or later this year.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
vik56in wrote: I hope you are serious. So according to you was it a better time to buy a new or a used car in April, May or June compared to now or later this year.
Now is the best time to buy because rates are artificially low and incentives from manufacturer is out of the world.

But that's manufacturer side. If you read my post you'd notice that.

Now is the best time to buy because you don't have to negotiate and paying full sticker price minus rebate and 0% is still a great deal.

Unless you are buying from Chrysler or domestic, you will never see $5000 discount.

Whoever said they got $5000 discount off the msrp not including rebate and just straight up dealer discount is seriously overstating their achievement.

Unless they are fleet vehicles, then that is a different story.
Jul 5, 2006
293 posts
161 upvotes
Maple, ON
I have 2018 Tucson Ultimate and I'm pretty happy so far. I used to lease MB B250 and this car is much better than the B class.

I did compare Tucson to CR-V, RAV4, Rogue, CX-5 and even Tiguan. Price/features where not near the Tucson at all.
Jan 30, 2017
29 posts
20 upvotes
Agree with @jenneth Inventory is short everywhere.

Talk to dealers on the phone to check the trim and colors available before going in.
Nov 17, 2013
889 posts
149 upvotes
WINNIPEG
What are fleet vehicles and where do you go to purchase? Are their good deals to be had with them?
jenneth wrote:
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
vrredflag wrote: What are fleet vehicles and where do you go to purchase? Are their good deals to be had with them?
Fleet discounts are reserved for business with large rental or leasing fleets.

Typically those discounts are about $2000-3000 more than retail.

They are not open for public.

Typically they only qualify for prime financing. Although that is moot since dealers and business arrange their own business loans at less than 2% interest.