Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 6:26 pm
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
Torontosepia wrote: Agree with @jenneth Inventory is short everywhere.

Talk to dealers on the phone to check the trim and colors available before going in.
I wouldn't recommend this. Dealers will lie, build the deal, and try to switch you to 2021. You will waste more time and by the time you cancel the deal and get your money back, you are boned and everything is sold.

Make sure the car is physically on the lot.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Jul 13, 2006
343 posts
128 upvotes
Calgary
I am in the market for a new car, as my previous car is breaking down.
First time back to haggling with dealer after 17 years. My Sienna is still driveable after 380 000km but it is about time to get another vehicle.

Long story short, the dealer told us:
* Stock are short due to COVID19
* Stock are short due to the recent hail damage in Calgary
* No one knows when new stock (2021) will be here (Tuesday), 2021 stock will be here in Nov/Dec/Jan (Friday), new stock is here in Sept (after the webpage showed it)

What the dealer taught me, just don't trust a word they say.

I ended up calling all the dealers in the province to understand the price range I am looking at, still not the best deal I think, but I got a pretty good idea about the price range. One dealer even gets the ball to charge above MSRP.
Jan 30, 2017
29 posts
20 upvotes
What would you not recommend? Not calling the dealer to check?

I asked the Hyundai dealer in rexdale, they told me there is no stock for the top trims for Sonata 2020. It was as simple as that.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1062 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
Came here for entertainment on my lunch break. Did not disappoint.

2 posters said they love they're Tucson after having to replace their first ones. How ironic. One guy didn't ask his wife why on earth she doesn't signal. Only one or two people brought up the resale value, which usually dominates threads even if buyers state repeatedly they'll drive it into the ground. One person values cargo space and rear seat heat ducts over driving dynamics.
Jul 13, 2006
343 posts
128 upvotes
Calgary
Torontosepia wrote: What would you not recommend? Not calling the dealer to check?

I asked the Hyundai dealer in rexdale, they told me there is no stock for the top trims for Sonata 2020. It was as simple as that.
Ask multiple dealerships to get a feel of the stock and the price. Hopefully you can gleam more information from talking to multiple sources. All the dealers are withholding information, trying to nudge you to their advantage, but a dealer who is more desperate for business may volunteer a bit more information, it is to your advantage to know more.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1263 posts
483 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: Came here for entertainment on my lunch break. Did not disappoint.

2 posters said they love they're Tucson after having to replace their first ones. How ironic. One guy didn't ask his wife why on earth she doesn't signal. Only one or two people brought up the resale value, which usually dominates threads even if buyers state repeatedly they'll drive it into the ground. One person values cargo space and rear seat heat ducts over driving dynamics.
Self fulfilling prophecy much? If you come looking to crap on others you'll do it regardless
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1225 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
alanbrenton wrote: 50% residual value after 36 months for Porsche Taycans. Leasebuster here I come (soon). Hyundai/Kia depreciation is going to fare better, right?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threa ... alue.2042/
Absolutely insane...and good to keep in mind! We have our next vehicles lined up (pending refreshes/looks) and one is gonna be a full BEV. Looking at Model S/X/Y at the moment but never even considered the Taycan at 50% off after 3 years, wild drop off...though not sure how sensible it'd be to have one in winter.
biggestbarnacle wrote: Does she drive a BMW normally?
LOL that man had a family! ...or a wife at the least!
hariesh wrote: Honest and serious question. Why are BMW drivers such *******? (Of course there is a ton of talk about this when you google, but what is RFD's take on it?)
Or is everyone making this observation just biased :)
I just think it's due to the majority of budget ballers who have them. Can't afford to buy or maintain, but can lease them and drive the shit outta them, and that they do. Only BMWs I really see anymore are TONS of base 3 Series driven by someone no older than 25 or some compact X Series driven by soccer moms. And I say this as someone who just hit the 30 mark lol but what do I know...I like old people rides like the RX ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
Torontosepia wrote: What would you not recommend? Not calling the dealer to check?

Some dealers will just say "yaya" to get the deal rolling. Other dealers will be upfront like that.

I would recommend checking out and making sure the car is physically viewable or verifiable instead of trusting on dealers' words. If they say, "none exists in Ontario."

Believe it. No dealers will refuse to sell something that they can
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Sep 14, 2012
550 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
Torontosepia wrote: Agree with @jenneth Inventory is short everywhere.

Talk to dealers on the phone to check the trim and colors available before going in.
It certainly is not..the dealers near me are teeming with cars.
Dec 16, 2013
66 posts
38 upvotes
Burnaby
A reason why stocks are low I heard from a dealer was because their cars are at the docks but can't get clearance to get transported to their dealership. This is because of lack of drivers and slowed down processing at the docks. However, the cars that were sitting on the lot seemed to have been sitting there for months because it had plenty of dust build up. My guess is there has been lower demand and they arent all in a hurry to replenish stock. But take that with a grain of salt.
Jul 13, 2006
343 posts
128 upvotes
Calgary
Nuckles wrote: A reason why stocks are low I heard from a dealer was because their cars are at the docks but can't get clearance to get transported to their dealership. This is because of lack of drivers and slowed down processing at the docks. However, the cars that were sitting on the lot seemed to have been sitting there for months because it had plenty of dust build up. My guess is there has been lower demand and they arent all in a hurry to replenish stock. But take that with a grain of salt.
My dealer tried to convince me no new stock is coming in, but at the end they just need to get rid of the old stock.

Buying older new stock will save you money, but be careful even the car looks almost exactly the same, some features may be different between each year's model. One has to be really careful on what you want.

For example, the 2020/2019/2018 RX350 looks pretty much the same here:
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/com ... 641-397901

But according to this, 2020 RX350 has made touch screen, Apple Airplay and Android Auto standard in the 2020 model.
https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/ ... 4979946739

Will your dealer tell you the subtle difference if all they want is to nudge you to buying a certain vehicle? I doubt that.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5572 posts
1698 upvotes
I’m not in the market for a new car, but there’s some good stuff in here.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1112 posts
426 upvotes
I got offered 32.5k taxes in for a Tucson Preferred with 0% financing. It seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1512 posts
480 upvotes
Dante19 wrote: I got offered 32.5k taxes in for a Tucson Preferred with 0% financing. It seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?
AWD?