Expired Hot Deals

[Hyundai] Hyundai Tucson 2020 $3500-$4000 Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 6:26 pm
Apr 5, 2010
828 posts
82 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: from your expertise, do you think this is a good deal ?

audi s4 2012 70k km = $14,000
currently have a bmw 320 1999year. bought it for $3k but spent at least $7000 to fix it over 4 years.
Where are you getting a 2012 S4 with 70k for $14k?
Sep 18, 2019
141 posts
206 upvotes
polish_jr333 wrote: Plus, I bet you enjoy doing it. Getting dirty under my car for hours on the weekend sounds like my personal hell. You might be saving money, but you're not saving time... but again, if you enjoy your time under the car then, yup, you've got it all figured it out.
i'm pretty sure that i also saving time imho since i dont need to line up, book appointment, or drive to another place to do oil change

one time i did my own oil change is like, after work time at night, go home, shower, dinner, oil change, go to play volleyball, and had a good day

but yeah you need to invest a lot of time to learn about cars, which is like study: gain knowledge

and also invest in good tools too
Jul 25, 2015
628 posts
309 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have read many posts about how bad the dealership experience can be when buying a new car. That's why there is another option. Tesla. Buy it online, get it delivered and skip all the headaches.
No negotiations either.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10024 posts
2633 upvotes
Piklishi wrote: I have read many posts about how bad the dealership experience can be when buying a new car. That's why there is another option. Tesla. Buy it online, get it delivered and skip all the headaches.
No negotiations either.
see the story in alberta about the 2x 20 year olds asleep in the tesla with the seats reclined doing 140KM/hour on the highway between Calgary and Edmonton?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1477 posts
948 upvotes
polish_jr333 wrote: I'm on my third lease and frankly I just don't see much of a downside compared to buying new or used. Returning a lease always feels scary for the reasons you mention but there's a lot of things you can do to to avoid this. First, if you stick to the same dealership, they'll bend over backwards to get you in a new car. Hyundai just waived body repair costs and some lease payments to get me into the Sante Fe. You can always just buy the car off them as is for the predetermined residual cost which is usually market so you could flip it on kijiji for less loss and even sometimes (if it's mint condition and low mileage) make a profit! Next, if you negotiated a great monthly price and want to get out of the lease with over a year left on it, you can try a lease take over on kijiji or leasebusters where someone takes on your lease contract; usually one of you just needs to pay a lease transfer fee to the dealer ($400-$1200, depending on brand). Lastly, all brands have excess wear and tear protection they'll offer on all leases: for my Sante Fe it was another 11 bucks biweekly and would cover up to $7500 of access wear and tear upon return. I didn't take it simply because I know my next car will be another Hyundai.
nice, yea having a new car every few years sounds like a pretty good idea. excess wear and tear protection sounds like decent, but I guess those cost add up. Having a young child makes everything risky...
Jan 7, 2011
790 posts
272 upvotes
Piklishi wrote: I have read many posts about how bad the dealership experience can be when buying a new car. That's why there is another option. Tesla. Buy it online, get it delivered and skip all the headaches.
No negotiations either.
Tesla resale value is the worst ever. Don't buy it's a bad flex, especially in Canada.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9063 posts
53932 upvotes
Ontario
iHop wrote: Where are you getting a 2012 S4 with 70k for $14k?
Saw it on wechat.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Jun 6, 2011
257 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
JIB9022 wrote: nice, yea having a new car every few years sounds like a pretty good idea. excess wear and tear protection sounds like decent, but I guess those cost add up. Having a young child makes everything risky...
11 bucks biweekly is about 1400 over the 5 years. Yup, costs add up but really that's the only one. I have a 3.5 yo and another on the way... seat protectors and our car was all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1477 posts
948 upvotes
polish_jr333 wrote: 11 bucks biweekly is about 1400 over the 5 years. Yup, costs add up but really that's the only one. I have a 3.5 yo and another on the way... seat protectors and our car was all good.
greatly appreciate your advice; seems like its suitable for me as well. Staying with same vendor sounds like a decent idea as well
How you enjoying Hyundai cars? I really like their design and tech; but wasn't sure about their reliability, but it seems like it doesn't matter if you are leasing
Now only if my daughter stop kicking and throw stuff everywhere in the car, lol.
Jun 6, 2011
257 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
JIB9022 wrote: greatly appreciate your advice; seems like its suitable for me as well. Staying with same vendor sounds like a decent idea as well
How you enjoying Hyundai cars? I really like their design and tech; but wasn't sure about their reliability, but it seems like it doesn't matter if you are leasing
Now only if my daughter stop kicking and throw stuff everywhere in the car, lol.
My kid's been good for car rides so we're pretty lucky there (we can still do 4+ hour car trips with no screens; he just sits there bored!).
I love Hyundai so far. Had an Elantra before that and a Corolla before that. Haven't had to deal with any car issues to date. The Elantra only saw the mechanic for oil changes for 4 years; nothing else. I love the brand because the things that come standard on the base model are all I'd ever need. Reclining rear seats, heated steering wheel, lane assist... all on a base?! Sweet! The touch screen still has knobs and buttons for volume and stuff you don't want to be fingering around for while driving. I don't like the auto engine off when idling because I keep hearing it's bad for the engine... but if I only have to car for 5 years and the powertrain is under warranty the whole time... why should I care? Most people will agree new cars shouldn't have reliability issues for the first few years of ownership so leasing sure makes sense considering that. Good luck with your decision!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15050 posts
12375 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Brea wrote: Tesla resale value is the worst ever. Don't buy it's a bad flex, especially in Canada.
Troll?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1062 posts
654 upvotes
Montreal
These threads always go off the rails! Good entertainment though. Esp. the s4 question.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4313 posts
1841 upvotes
the new generation looks sick

Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1936 posts
1380 upvotes
Toronto
ilove wrote: the new generation looks sick

wish the back seats folded flat like the honda crvs
Dec 19, 2011
172 posts
65 upvotes
Hamilton
Thatdealguy wrote: What’s the discount when u purchased your car ?

I’m looking for a suv but don’t want to get rip off.
I bought a 2018 CX-5 demo at the end of 2018 and love it. I went to the car show for 2 years before hand and checked out all the compact SUVs and found the CX-5, personally, to have the nicest interior in terms of layout and materials.

I emailed dealers all S-W Ontario and then had an understanding of what the typical price is. Found the demo in Toronto that had the hitch installed, all weather mats and the protective skin on the front and rear (important for CX-5s), and ultimately saved about 4-5k vs brand new.

Couple notes:
- Keep in mind what the total cost of the car is. If you say you want to pay $600/month, they’ll say we can make that work at 6 years instead of 5, but that’s not actually bringing the cost of the car down.
- If you can pick a financing discount or a cash credit, do the math to see which comes out better in the long run.
- Do your research to see what dealers seem to be able to do for you. Use Unhaggle or just email a bunch, get an idea of what a “good” price is so you can walk away if you’re not getting it. One Mazda dealer told me she used to work at Dodge, and the latter throw out discounts much more readily because of how they price their msrp.
- Demos are a good way to save money, they’ve usually been driven under 10k. Make sure the new car promotions apply so you can get the better financing or discount deals.
- Make sure they tell you the financing price before you visit. A lot of times they’ll advertise one price, and when you get there the price is actually a couple grand more because they listed the cash price and not financing.
- If they say something like “this price is only for you” or “you need to take it by end of day today”, walk away because they aren’t being honest. A few years ago we went to Hamilton Hyundai and they could tell we were first time buyers. We were just out trying to gauge pricing and test drive different cars, and the salesman came back and said he had a special deal approved by the manager for 2k off and had to decide today. My fiancée was stressed and didn’t know what to say, but I said we will think about it and call them. We went to Toyota right after that and the salesman there showed us the Hyundai website, the 2k we were offered was a manufacturer’s discount available to everyone for a period of time, but they made it sound like it was a special deal for us. The Toyota guy was honest and referred us to someone at Burlington Hyundai.
- If they don’t seem to be budging more much on price, try to get extras throw in. I got Android Auto installed for free with my CX-5, and my fiancée received free winter tires on rims, remote start and tint for free with her 2016 Elantra.