Automotive

Hyundai Kona Electric Compact SUV in two versions

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 2:16 pm
Jan 19, 2010
340 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Holystone wrote: Yeah, the timing looks crucial because if the conservatives come to power they could very well kill the EV rebates or reduce it and bring it more in line with the rebates in QB and BC.
Well I'm taking the stance that if Hyundai Canada doesn't say anything before month end, I'm taking delivery of my Leaf and not looking back. $14k is just too big a rebate to risk.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
fromano wrote: I read that as well. If that's the case I'd cancel my Leaf pre-order; because there is no way in hell the EV rebate is in if the liberal's get kicked out. I don't personally know of a single person who is willing to vote liberal in Ontario at this point.
Yep we are all in the same boat. Before I thought it was a sure deal Conservatives were going to win before this whole Patrick Brown fiasco happened. After it happened. now I'm not too sure. That article I read in the newspaper months back was right though, never count out Wynne, she knows how to win Face With Tears Of Joy. With the whole circus now of the Conservatives electing their leader and that they are in shambles because politics is a dirty game, I'm not really sure they will be able to win come June...will the voters have enough confidence to vote out the Liberals?

I too would prefer to wait for the Kona or even later, but the threat of the 14k rebate either being killed or reduced to a national level playing field has me deciding to go ahead and buy now and not wait.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Also do we have a rough estimate of how much in Canadian dollars the base battery pack Kona EV will be sold for? Can anyone take a guess?

If the Ioniq BEV starts at $36-37k CAD, would the base Kona EV start at the same or higher?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
2467 posts
1082 upvotes
GTA
radeonboy wrote: Also do we have a rough estimate of how much in Canadian dollars the base battery pack Kona EV will be sold for? Can anyone take a guess?

If the Ioniq BEV starts at $36-37k CAD, would the base Kona EV start at the same or higher?
I would assume a few $K more based on the fact that CUV are more than the same size car/hatch. I would guess $3K but I have no evidence to back this is just what i've built into my costing sheet where I track all the models LOL. this is assuming same battery size, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Hyundai says it will announce prices in Europe after the Geneva Motor Show is over next week. Norwegian news source Side3 estimates the Kona will begin at about $38,600. But note that US and European prices can vary greatly, and prices can also vary greatly from one European country to the next.

Unfortunately guessing the price is not as simple as converting the currency rates as local market conditions significantly dictate pricing. Based on the pricing in South Korea, it converts to USD $40,000 at todays exchange rate.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Is this for ladies/girls? Why are the colors all bubble gum-like?

Will I look less manly in a Kona?
Jan 19, 2010
340 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: Is this for ladies/girls? Why are the colors all bubble gum-like?
Grab a barbell and dead-lift 400+ lbs. Then you don't care what you look like.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
fromano wrote: Grab a barbell and dead-lift 400+ lbs. Then you don't care what you look like.
I already do that. I think I can press you with two fingers.

It's not I care what I look like, it's what car I'm seen in. Two different things really.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: I already do that. I think I can press you with two fingers.

It's not I care what I look like, it's what car I'm seen in. Two different things really.
lol, literature genius right there.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
alanbrenton wrote: Is this for ladies/girls? Why are the colors all bubble gum-like?

Will I look less manly in a Kona?
Does driving a Miata/MX-5 make you less manly? No. This one would be the same.

I'm sure the colour selection won't be as fancy as for Europe as they will be for Canada/U.S...you'll just have the basic choices.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Does driving a Miata/MX-5 make you less manly? No. This one would be the same.

I'm sure the colour selection won't be as fancy as for Europe as they will be for Canada/U.S...you'll just have the basic choices.
Not with the 26 HP bump possibly coming in 2019.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
fromano wrote: I read that as well. If that's the case I'd cancel my Leaf pre-order; because there is no way in hell the EV rebate is in if the liberal's get kicked out. I don't personally know of a single person who is willing to vote liberal in Ontario at this point.
Why are you cancelling your Leaf if the Kona coming to the US in June, even if that is true, it may not be true for Canada. And I believe you cannot apply for the EV rebate until you have the car as it requires the VIN number and License plates number as well in the application form. Which means you probably need to order the Leaf/Kona/Ioniq/Clarity/Volt or whatever EV/PHEV in March or early April at the latest since there is a 2 months wait before you can get your car and if the PC does win in June, they can decide if the EVIP will be cancelled right away or may be in a future date. So to guaranty the $14k, you need to order early, not wait till June as it might be too late
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Not bad. I hope they make it AWD!
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8799 upvotes
koffey wrote: lol, literature genius right there.
:facepalm:

How ironic. You must mean "literary"..
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote: :facepalm:

How ironic. You must mean "literary"..
No, I meant literature.

DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8799 upvotes
koffey wrote: No, I meant literature.

Lol. Okay... If that's really the case, then you either don't understand the meaning of the word, or don't know how to use it correctly in a sentence.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6237 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
superfresh89 wrote: Lol. Okay... If that's really the case, then you either don't understand the meaning of the word, or don't know how to use it correctly in a sentence.
I think you are taking what he said too literary.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote: Lol. Okay... If that's really the case, then you either don't understand the meaning of the word, or don't know how to use it correctly in a sentence.
Please show me your masters in english kind sir and look up the word literature and tell me how I don't know how to use it.

noun
written works

I believe to what I commented on was written works. And why does this bother you? lol

DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8799 upvotes
koffey wrote: Please show me your masters in english kind sir and look up the word literature and tell me how I don't know how to use it.

noun
written works

I believe to what I commented on was written works. And why does this bother you? lol

It's just funny that's all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)