Hyundai Santa Cruz

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2021 2:56 pm
32 replies
Feb 14, 2010
608 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Looks amazing. Finally something different. We have the same style vehicles for like forever.
Last edited by thelastword on Apr 15th, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13878 posts
4431 upvotes
RFD
HOT. Going to place a deposit as soon as possible. Perfect city truck dimensions. Tacoma going to lose sales to this. I don't think the Ford Maverick will be better than this. Subaru Baja reborn but executed better. I hope this segment becomes populated with other offerings.

Jul 29, 2019
587 posts
444 upvotes
North America use to have these utes. They disappeared but stayed popular in Australia. This ute is the perfect size for many people who want the utility of a pickup but not the size of a pickup like the Ridgeline.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1546 posts
1445 upvotes
Will sell like hot cakes. Hyundai is on fire lately.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4578 posts
2101 upvotes
Looks like garbage.

Just search for Renault Oroch, some third world countries have it. This Hyundai idea looks third world to me.

It was a bad idea with Chevrolet El Camino, bad idea in the Subaru incarnation, bad idea with the Renault version, and definitely a bad idea with Hyundai
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4578 posts
2101 upvotes
This is the Renault version.

Looks good on paper. Until you sit in it and look closer.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5500 posts
1044 upvotes
It looks pretty decent inside and out, but I have to wonder who exactly is this marketed to?

How many of the pickup driver crew are looking for a four door Korean pickup with a small tiny back bed?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6753 posts
5515 upvotes
motomondo wrote: This is the Renault version.

Looks good on paper. Until you sit in it and look closer.

Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1130 posts
633 upvotes
Manitoba
Ziggy007 wrote: It looks pretty decent inside and out, but I have to wonder who exactly is this marketed to?

How many of the pickup driver crew are looking for a four door Korean pickup with a small tiny back bed?
Apparently they are marketed for "adventure" type people. I would almost consider one(used) if I was single and in my 20's.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2613 posts
1438 upvotes
ontario
Ziggy007 wrote: How many of the pickup driver crew are looking for a four door Korean pickup with a small tiny back bed?
zero. it's like a ridgeline but even less capable and the ridgeline is already a butt of jokes

i suspect this is going to be marketed to city-slicker-adventurists in their early 20s.

i would rather see the revival of station wagons than this / cuv stuff. more practical but less image.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4315 posts
4470 upvotes
GTA
Isn't there some other small, unibody pickup coming to market soon? I remember seeing something about it in the automotive news a while ago, can't remember exactly what though. I think it was FWD too. And the styling was lot more subtle.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1924 posts
1445 upvotes
Toronto
derass wrote: Isn't there some other small, unibody pickup coming to market soon? I remember seeing something about it in the automotive news a while ago, can't remember exactly what though. I think it was FWD too. And the styling was lot more subtle.
2022 Ford Maverick. Don't know why they would want to revive that name, the original Ford Maverick was a blah sedan.