Home & Garden

I am seeing warning signs in the lawns around me after the Fiesta herbicide was used by pros. Can you order that online?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2021 3:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2281 posts
437 upvotes
East York, ON

I am seeing warning signs in the lawns around me after the Fiesta herbicide was used by pros. Can you order that online?

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Fiesta-D%C3% ... uage=en_CA ?
Is it effective ?

I was told that the pros use herbicides that are not available to retail customers and you need a license to buy it

Sig abuse not tolerated on RFD - mods
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2020
1047 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
CuriousC wrote: Isn't that what I posted too?
my question is how is this possible they tell you that they use something you can't buy as home owner
Protecting an industry?
Hvac advice warning - inaccurate information on forum, vested interests in selling builder's equipment. Selling dealer-only brands without being authorized is a red flag. Report to CRA if offered no tax cash-deal. If it's 2 good to b tru, it is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2281 posts
437 upvotes
East York, ON
OK so is this a real week killer or it is weed food ?
Does the weed man really use this or that picture shows a lie and if fact they use something else ?
Sig abuse not tolerated on RFD - mods
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2546 posts
3368 upvotes
Using iron-based herbicides for alternative weed control:

"Introduction:

Products that contain FeHEDTA are selective herbicides for the control of broadleaf weeds, moss, algae, and some fungal diseases in turf and garden beds. Selective broadleaf control means it will kill weeds but does not harm the grass. They work quickly, delivering visible same-day results, even in cool weather. Since the active ingredient is made from iron, it has no unpleasant odor during or after application and people and pets can reenter the treated area once the spray is dry. The products can stain clothing or pets when wet.

Suitable for broadcast application or spot treatment, these products will help grass look its best, even in many pesticide-restricted areas such as lawns, parks, golf courses, cemeteries, sports fields, playgrounds, schools, and universities. Lawns and turf can be reseeded within one day of treatment and it is ideal for alternative lawn care programs or in­ areas­ that­ have­ enacted pesticide bans.

Mode of Action:

The iron is bound to a chelating agent that keeps it soluble and readily available for plant uptake. Broadleaf weeds absorb chelated iron easily and in larger quantities than grass which leads to cellular damage (cell necrosis) and ultimate plant death while the grass remains unharmed. Full coverage of the weed is important for the best results."

https://mygreenmontgomery.org/2020/iron ... 20unharmed.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
20308 posts
24098 upvotes
GTA
CuriousC wrote: Isn't that what I posted too?
my question is how is this possible they tell you that they use something you can't buy as home owner
Sorry, I missed your link on mobile. Fiesta is iron based weedkiller, higher percent than what you buy in store (weed b-gone and others). Nothing against you buying this concentrate.

Yes, Weedman uses it. It's not as effective as 2,4,d but it does work. Nice thing is that it won't give your kids/pets hormonal problems or cancer.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
May 12, 2021
138 posts
62 upvotes
Nice thing is that it won't give your kids/pets hormonal problems or cancer in the Province of Ontario or Quebec.
engineered wrote: Sorry, I missed your link on mobile. Fiesta is iron based weedkiller, higher percent than what you buy in store (weed b-gone and others). Nothing against you buying this concentrate.

Yes, Weedman uses it. It's not as effective as 2,4,d but it does work. Nice thing is that it won't give your kids/pets hormonal problems or cancer.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2769 posts
3864 upvotes
West GTA
You can also just buy weed b gon concentrate and mix that strong. Same stuff, just different concentration.

WBG Concentrate is 2% iron.
Fiesta is 4.43% iron.

So, can mix to whatever concentration you want with either product and WBG concentrate is way cheaper.

Neither work that well, but that is a different story.