Think of the Childre…
Life's short, be happy!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1259 posts
48 upvotes
Markham
Maybe consider a designer position if you have the construction experience? If you get a autocad certificate or something to show you know CAD and are learning it could be valuable to transition. I myself work as a project designer with a unrelated degree and sort of picked up additional responsibilities and have become a autocad designer.

With you construction experience you would be a good fit creating traffic management plans and construction staging plans or maybe you can try construction administration in a engineering firm to get your feet into a firm and transition into a different department.

Lots of jobs available for designers I find even during COVID, I've gotten 1 offer from a large firm. Construction administration is also booming if you don't mind traveling to up north, there are plenty of culvert and bridge rehabilitation projects for MTO at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5128 posts
2981 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: It's good ppl agreed w my sentiments in my 1st post but it's saddening that we have 5 more downvoters (6 out of 22 ppl that are pretty much sociopaths). What goes on in their minds? SMH.
I think the voting option should be removed from the career section altogether
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11175 posts
4436 upvotes
Use what you have now, your education, skills and knowledge of your industry, to advance your career. I don't know the engineering field but going back to school seems like a backward step unless there are guarantees. Plus you said schools rejected you anyway. Do you have any trusted co-workers/leaders that you can speak with at work?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
MyNameWasTaken wrote: I think the voting option should be removed from the career section altogether
Ya, voting is just useless for many areas and the programmers know it, since it only reveals who gave upvotes and not the downvotes. Just a stupid and abused concept yet RFD stubbornly refuses to adjust/remove.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11175 posts
4436 upvotes
Keeps the thumbs up just get rid of the down.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)