• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2017 6:33 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto

I bought into the hype!!

So yesterday shopping channel had a sale on the mypillow set of pillows, almost half price at 89-99.99/ a pair...now me being frugal thought seriously hundred dollar pillows?!? I better be having wet dreams about shemar Moore every night for that! Lmao But they were selling like hot cakes and got some amazing reviews (some bad ones too but mostly good) so I caved and ordered them. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the shopping channel money back guarantee. Does anyone have it? Please tell me it's awesome lol
22 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Heavenleigh85 wrote: So yesterday shopping channel had a sale on the mypillow set of pillows, almost half price at 89-99.99/ a pair...now me being frugal thought seriously hundred dollar pillows?!? I better be having wet dreams about shemar Moore every night for that! Lmao But they were selling like hot cakes and got some amazing reviews (some bad ones too but mostly good) so I caved and ordered them. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the shopping channel money back guarantee. Does anyone have it? Please tell me it's awesome lol
thats sexist.... go back to 1980!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
194 upvotes
I'm just happy that you're happy OP. But no, can't say I'm aware of this awesome product that you're willing to have strange dreams about.

Peace ✌️
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Get a good looking celebrate to endorse your products and sell for 500% markup. It's the American way!

That pillow is probably the dame Chinese crap they sell at Walmart with a different tag.

Lol
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Might as splurge on the $500 Dyson hair dryer to go with it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Heavenleigh85 wrote: That's one pillow for $53 usd...which is sold out by the way. I got the 2 pack for 89.99 canadian
I was referring to all the reviews..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
Heavenleigh85 wrote: So yesterday shopping channel had a sale on the mypillow set of pillows, almost half price at 89-99.99/ a pair...now me being frugal thought seriously hundred dollar pillows?!? I better be having wet dreams about shemar Moore every night for that! Lmao But they were selling like hot cakes and got some amazing reviews (some bad ones too but mostly good) so I caved and ordered them. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the shopping channel money back guarantee. Does anyone have it? Please tell me it's awesome lol
We lost you to a dumb marketing scheme Disappointed But Relieved Face
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
ouch! $45-50 ea

"Impartial" reviews aren't that flattering. Material-wise is not worth that money: standard cotton cover, polyurethane filling (processed a bit more than in other pillows, but still polyurethane foam).
Summary
The My Pillow is constructed with a cotton cover and shredded poly foam fill. This pillow is available in Standard and King sizes, in addition to being available in medium and firm loft / feel. Overall, I found My Pillow to be a very average pillow. It's not bad, but it's not overly impressive. Furthermore, the price point just does not match up to the material quality or performance. For $50 I expect much more out of a pillow. This is not a pillow that I recommend, as I believe there are much better options available elsewhere.
src: http://sleepopolis.com/pillow-reviews/my-pillow-review/

----------
Consumer Reports bought three My Pillows to test. Although we weren’t able to test that REM sleep claim, we did examine them inside and out. My Pillow describes itself as having “3-piece interlocking fill,” but it actually has thousands of torn polyurethane foam pieces in three sizes. We were able to shift the foam pieces around to different positions, and they did seem to stay put under pressure. The case is 100 percent cotton, and it didn’t have any noticeable off smells like some new pillows can.

How does it feel? Our tester described My Pillow as “kind of lumpy, but comfortable.” We also polled staffers who bought My Pillow on their own. Most said they bought it to help alleviate a sleep problem such as insomnia, neck pain, or snoring. Half of the 18 staffers said it helped a lot, 17 percent said it helped a little, and 33 percent said it didn’t help at all. Only one-third of the group said they would buy My Pillow again. (Use these exercises to help stop snoring.)

The 60-day money-back guarantee means that you can return My Pillow; you’ll have to pay for shipping and handling on both the original purchase and the return. Exchanges are free, however, including shipping.
src: http://www.consumerreports.org/mattress ... ur-pillow/
Last edited by Guest13384726 on Jan 4th, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
aviador wrote: ouch! $45-50 ea

"Impartial" reviews aren't that flattering. Material-wise is not worth that money: standard cotton cover, polyurethane filling (processed a bit more than in other pillows, but still polyurethane foam).

src: http://sleepopolis.com/pillow-reviews/my-pillow-review/
For every bad review there are a plethora of excellent ones as well. I'll keep u guys updated when I receive lt either way 30 day money back guarantee is a beautiful thing .
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: We lost you to a dumb marketing scheme Disappointed But Relieved Face
I have neck pain and I need some hope here cut me some slack lol
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sandikosh wrote: Might as splurge on the $500 Dyson hair dryer to go with it.
I got mine for free... lifetime guarantee, never fails, no electric needed.. Brand name is called WIND.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3204 posts
1094 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Heavenleigh85 wrote: For every bad review there are a plethora of excellent ones as well. I'll keep u guys updated when I receive lt either way 30 day money back guarantee is a beautiful thing .
What are the terms of the 30 day money back guarantee? here are some excerpts?
[We] will provide you with a full refund of the item purchase price, less applicable return shipping charges.

To qualify for a refund, your returned item must be received at The Shopping Channel in the original packaging, with all parts and in the same condition as you initially received it.
So, you pay shipping both ways and it must be in saleable condition. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nat ... /96145828/

Get your return shipping label printed. Oh no free shipping, ouch. Hope you learned your lesson.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
aznnorth wrote: I got mine for free... lifetime guarantee, never fails, no electric needed.. Brand name is called WIND.

I pity you. Free stuff everyone can get ain't worth making a thread.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)