Food & Drink

I bought two peaches today and the cost was.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2018 12:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18634 posts
1919 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

I bought two peaches today and the cost was.

$6.90!

$5.99/lb wtf? I saw the price but damn. It was even that sweet. White peaches.

Are they suppose to be that expensive?.

I was in Paris some years ago and the street vendor were selling peaches and damn when you bit into it, the juice would run down your face. They were quite substantial in six as well. Haven't been able to find anything remotely as close to that here since.

This was a an Asian place and to be honest I don't know if this genus is grown locally. Could. E imported from lands far away. It was juicy but just not that sweet.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6122 posts
1077 upvotes
Many grocery stores are selling peaches for 1.88 or 1.99/lb this week. The ones I bought are from the USA; ON wouldn't be ready yet. You overpaid, by far lol. Were they possibly organic?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4930 posts
2292 upvotes
Mississauga
It’s not local peach season. Of course the prices will be high since they’re imported.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1276 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
LOL..WTF!! How big were the peaches?? The size of a watermelon? Hope it was worth the money.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15470 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto
Smiley22 wrote: LOL..WTF!! How big were the peaches?? The size of a watermelon? Hope it was worth the money.
As another poster suggested, maybe the peaches were organic...???
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1498 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: I was in Paris some years ago and the street vendor were selling peaches and damn when you bit into it, the juice would run down your face. They were quite substantial in six as well. Haven't been able to find anything remotely as close to that here since.
You're talking about France...they don't have to import as much food as we do. Then when they do import, it's through other EU countries, or places where the currency exchange is more favorable such as Africa or Middle East.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9184 posts
3385 upvotes
Toronto
so you knew the exorbitant price/lb but still decided to buy and then complain about it after? were you thinking the taste would be so amazing it would justify how much you spent on them?

btw, perfectly ripe donut peaches ftw.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12758 posts
2051 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Would've been more worth it if they were white nectarines.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3247 posts
1091 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote: $6.90!

$5.99/lb wtf? I saw the price but damn. It was even that sweet. White peaches.

Are they suppose to be that expensive?.

I was in Paris some years ago and the street vendor were selling peaches and damn when you bit into it, the juice would run down your face. They were quite substantial in six as well. Haven't been able to find anything remotely as close to that here since.

This was a an Asian place and to be honest I don't know if this genus is grown locally. Could. E imported from lands far away. It was juicy but just not that sweet.
So you know the price, buy the fruit and then complain how expensive? WTF, come on.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11113 posts
1248 upvotes
Wait for Ontario peach season and get some good ripe ones, and buy lots. I don't bother buying any other time.

I usually get them from a stand in Niagara on the lake.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18634 posts
1919 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
slowtyper wrote: Wait for Ontario peach season and get some good ripe ones, and buy lots. I don't bother buying any other time.

I usually get them from a stand in Niagara on the lake.
And live off of them for the foreseeable future? Freeze. them? Can them? They don't last very long